Reviews for And That's Why I Got an 80 in Math
OrangeSunset1701 chapter 1 . 1/3
This was funny! I like how Newkirk finally got beaten at a card game!
This was funny! Great job!
Grouper chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Weird?! Pointless?! Mundane?! Have a few sharp taps to the head and rethink that! And whoever said this should be turned into a series has got me for a friend. I think you should do it.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
really funny!
kiffer chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
Very creative! I loved that!
Jenni chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Made me laugh :)
Lorlie chapter 1 . 3/28/2002
Kitz, as I've already told you, you are a very talented writer. This was very funny and extremely enjoyable. Keep up the good work.
marylinusca chapter 1 . 2/26/2002
Dear Kits:

I liked this story a lot. It's funny, witty, and a good read. The men sounded and acted in character. It's an up-front marysue, like you said, and it's a good send-up of the marysues we -not just me, but we - write. You're writing another one that's not a marysue, so don't worry about adverse comments on this one. Keep showing us how well you write.
Taka chapter 1 . 2/24/2002
I don't understand why a dissenting opinion constitutes a flame, especially when the author herself says that she doesn't mind the real thing. A critique is not a flame, and I think I made it very clear that I respect this author's potential as a writer.

When you publish a story, you automatically make it available for critique. Hopefully, the reviewer will treat the work with honesty and respect. If people can't deal with respectfully phrased suggestions to improve their writing, then perhaps they need to take up another hobby until their egos are under control.
Britt chapter 1 . 2/23/2002
This story rocks totally! And whoever thinks otherwise, you are utterly messed up! Great story Kits. Shun flamers. **sticks tongue out and flamers**
Me chapter 1 . 2/23/2002
this story is stupid
BluMoo chapter 1 . 2/23/2002
HEY! Loved the story! And Kitty... YOU. ARE. A. GOOD. WRITER. Then again... I may only think that because *I* don't write exceptionally well. Anyways, congrats on a good story!
Bryan Hutchins chapter 1 . 2/22/2002
Dear Kits. I'm sorry that people have to be negative. The entire point of writing fan fiction or just writing in general is to have fun. and learn by the experience. your story was fun, imaginative, and very enjoyable. you stated right up front that this story was written for the fun of writing. and i applaud your courage for posting any story at all. And I look forward to your future efforts with great anticipation.
Taka chapter 1 . 2/22/2002
I agree with Nicotine that you have the potential to be a good writer. Mastering the craft of writing takes time and work, and not everything needs to be published.

Most people start with Mary Sues and progress to other genres. Maybe keeping the Mary Sues for yourself and concentrating on writing a fan story without the self-insertion would help you mature as a writer. Publish those and then let people's comments help you to write a better story the next time.

Given enough time, I think you'll be a very good writer.
Nicotine chapter 1 . 2/22/2002
As you asked, no. No questions. I thought you were about that age.

I get the impression from your response - do you usually reply to your reviewers? - that you felt I was coming down on you in my post. Actually, no.

This story is no different than hundreds of others written by those your age, from Animaniacs to (Legend of) Zelda. It's the kind of story written before class, during class, in the cafeteria, or when you should be doing your homework.

For most fan fiction writers, there's nothing wrong with that. But in your case, there is.

Kits, in all seriousness, you've got *real* potential to be a writer, if that's what you want. You've got a ready wit, a fertile imagination and handle characterization well. You know your way around the written word, maintaining good sentence structure and grammar throughout.

"And That's Why..." is the type of story you should be writing only as a tool - to hone your skills, to sharpen your dialogue, to keep developing your talent. Keep it in your journal, your school notebook or on your hard drive. You're much better than something like this, and it's the kind of story that's a poor representative of your ability.