Reviews for Stage Laughter
Em chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
THIS WAS AMAAAAAAAZING oh God, who could ever think up such scenarios and tell the story so beautifully? This is a side story no one else could ever have thought off, or could ever have pulled off telling. You're a great, great writer.
wingswordsandmetaphors chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Great job.
Master Elora Dannan chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Wow. I think this story hurts most in how much it DOESN'T hurt. Peter and Eva get reunited like the ending to a fairy tale, the two of them and Marco live happily-ever-after as the perfect nuclear family, and things like the Evil Stepmother always die or disappear by the end of the story. Except when they don't. I think most readers and the characters themselves were only too happy to forget about Nora, or believed that she was a yerk from the beginning like Marco suggested (hoped) was a possibility once to Peter. You're right; in brutal honesty, no one cared. She wasn't important.

Your story is AMAZING and HURTS and reminds me of everything that was great and heart-wrenching about "Animorphs".
vivevoce chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
This was so incredibly well written; mostly because we never even think of Nora or the smaller loose ends that still existed towards the end of the war; at least in comparison to Rachel's death or the other larger tragedies. Reading this was like drinking dark coffee. Bitter, smooth, fortifying, intoxicating, perfect. Thank you for taking the time to write this out.
unusedaccountignore chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Holy crap! This is amazing! I'm astonished Applegate herself didn't write this.
natural-blue-26 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Oh this is so now part of my post54 head!cannon. Have I mentioned how much I love your Marco lately? Because I *adore* him.

Kept me guessing on who it was going to be- I tend to forget Nora in the whole swing of 'at least Marco's parents get to live happily ever after' so this was a kind of chilling reminder that they shouldn't have.

I love Marco's bouncer, as well. :) And poor Jake as Eeyore. I think you *may* have changed Marco's last name up midfic, though?

Lovely read, hope to see more from you soon!
nomadsland chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Wow, you leave no rock unturned and no character untouched. I'm really glad you wrote this; it is an answer to the question I had after I first finished the series. What of Nora indeed?
kekaike chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
oh man, this has immediately become canon in my mind. It's just not fair how you can write these characters real enough to jerk my heartstrings around.

I always loved the screwed-up-ness of Marco leaving Nora to her fate. Beautifully executed.
elektra30 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Beautifully written, with elaboration of how shallow Marco's life is, propped up by humour and celebrity status when deep down inside, even though he knew it was necessary, there is guilt. I like how that was manifested in the little tic in his leg. Very apt title as well!
hawktakesflight chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
...Incredible. Simply incredible.

All the way from the title to the final sentence, this is a brilliant read. Marco's jokes and one-liners are much more potent and impactful than practically any other fic I've seen around.

Your depiction of love between the three of Marco's guardians are admirable, and Nora's words are very biting indeed. I like how you interchanged Marco's surnames there.

It's certainly amazing how you pack so much into these words. Thank you for posting these up.

hawk