Reviews for What We Die For
CardinalSan chapter 39 . 4/18
Weeeelllllllll there's some amazing sh*t right here folks. *Slow but genuine claps*

A̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶e̶p̶i̶s̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶(̶I̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶)̶,̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶d̶i̶o̶c̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶p̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶S̶S̶S̶2̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶s̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶g̶e̶d̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶J̶u̶n̶ ̶M̶a̶e̶d̶a̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶(̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶E̶D̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶t̶a̶g̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶I̶R̶L̶)̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶l̶u̶e̶n̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶I̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶i̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶m̶a̶k̶e̶.̶

Anyways, I don't pretty much know about how others feel about this nor the author getting flamed or something (as stated in the a/n), nor about his past and future works, but one thing's for sure: this fanfic is the real deal and I like it. It's just the halfway, but I easily got hooked since reading the first 10 chapters (yesterday, relative to when I am typing this). It started with the focus on introduction of the characters (OCs and those derivative from other works), explaining their outside personas and their roles. The middle was more on the world building, how SSS2 actually worked, how the different roles mattered to the balance of the whole system and which are the ones contributing to its decay, and also the entry of the darker side of things as we learned more of the backstories of characters. When the things started going down, the story is getting more into Kurochii's own backstory, how her pre- and post-death personalities differed and why that is so.

The slight things that could do more improvement is the love life of our MC. Although it was nice to see how romances work in the other point of view (not from the loved one), what happened is that the first contact where the love definitely bloomed. Then, it was just shown after the monthly skip and the relationship then suddenly became genuine (despite Kurochii still being tsun about it). I am not saying it's bad, heck I love these two lovebirds (no I am not a bi, most likely), but somehow I feel it's forced. I don't know about the strong points of the author, nor am I saying this is a weak point, but maybe it's just me who does not know how to sugarcoat criticism no matter how constructive I try to be (why I quit the debate club BTW).

Other things that may be improved is the relevance of those characters introduced. It was already excellent though, as we can see that there are characters that show up not only once after the introduction as Kurochii was travelling back and forth in other factions. Maybe I just said this because I expect to see more of their action in the next half, as in this first half the spotlight lighted mostly only Yuki's elites and their power above the rest of the SSS2. However everything's up to the author and I have no qualms about it, this isn't a Complain but a Review. And even if I did, I would be too late to say it to the author anyway (why did I only find this story NOW) (most probably because I am more into literary works like LNs, WNs and fanfics, now that I cooled down my inner w̶e̶e̶a̶b̶o̶o̶ anime otaku).

But anyway (my favorite adverb), I'll be back reviewing once I finish the second half I guess. I actually only commented after finishing all chapters because of the fear of getting spoilers, although now I find my efforts futile (but really if I got spoiled I would soon meet the old man in sanzu river bullying me verbally).

Thanks and kudos to the author-san.
Sebastian12 chapter 39 . 4/13/2015
Awesome stories . cant wait to see the next one. also if youre reading this can you do me a favor by giving the sss 2 Structure. Thx
Gehr-Bear chapter 39 . 3/25/2015
This is so good! I have to say my all time favorite fanfiction EVER!
Gehr-Bear chapter 37 . 3/25/2015
this is so good! What is going to happen to Kou!
Gehr-Bear chapter 31 . 3/25/2015
LOL all the time!
Gehr-Bear chapter 29 . 3/21/2015
This story is great!
Gehr-Bear chapter 27 . 3/19/2015
Isn't is Yuzuka? But all in all, this is a great fic.
Gehr-Bear chapter 25 . 3/5/2015
This is a GREAT story. SO IN-DEPTH!
Gehr-Bear chapter 22 . 3/4/2015
So intense.
Gehr-Bear chapter 15 . 2/27/2015
Ooooookaaaaaaay. That was unexpected and my angel beats main characters name is Ryuunosuke. So if you want me to change that, because his nickname is Ryu, I can find another name. I don't want to intrude.
Gehr-Bear chapter 14 . 2/27/2015
its "I wonder what sort of person she is." But all in all, this is a GREAT fic.
Gehr-Bear chapter 9 . 2/25/2015
okay. great story and good job!
Gehr-Bear chapter 7 . 2/25/2015
Okay this took me a long time to read:(
Gehr-Bear chapter 6 . 2/18/2015
I haven't seen little busters, but i have heard its good.
Gehr-Bear chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
You are very very right! They need a Angel Beats! game. I say that we meet up after I get done with college and we make the un-official game! WHO IS WITH ME! (PM answer)