Reviews for Alchemists vs Benders
et12356 chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
This was GREAT!
queenusagi chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I'd love to see the benders try to take the homunculi and the immortal legion.
A-Listers chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
just one critique, why didn't they use the submarines? The use of the waterbenders in submarines could have greatly reduced the fire nation's death toll. not to mention it would have been totally cool to see the looks on their faces when they got attacked underwater. And the airships too!
Don'tDreamItBeIt chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Hmm, I would have to disagree with you on that last statement, and not just because I am a Fullmetal Alchemist otaku, but just because it might be incorrect for many reasons. Although bending is very fancy, alchemy is science based instead of spiritual based. Bending is based on meditation and stuff, so it has more of a spiritual emotionally connected feel to it. But alchemy works because of science and mother nature, instead of bending which goes against mother nature. Anyways, alchemists can do everything that benders can do, plus more, so that's a bonus for them. But also, in this story, I thought you did a pretty good job, but I would have loved it if Aang fought against Ed. That would have been like epicness.
Skittles Addict chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Good oneshot. I can see how Toph would beat Ed and Al, but I think that if Amestris had wanted to they could've beaten them by sending in homunculi. Pride and Gluttony would be especially hard to defeat. I'm a little biased though.

Thanks for posting!
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
The plot needs work.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
you claim that benders will ALWAYS win! Consider the fact that alchemists could easily deconstruct a living being.
Pebblez chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Booooo D:

Alchemists FTW!
georgster101 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
i disagree with the end
StrawberriCat chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
I don't really know what to say. I thought the general idea of the story was very attention grabbing. However, it was very... flat. It was like, I read it, and that was it. I couldn't get into the story line, and you made Alchemist lose completely. We didn't get to see the character's strengths and only their weaknesses. War is harsh, and takes much sacrifice. You say there were casualties but I couldn't really bring myself to care. You obviously have skill in writing; your grammar and style prove it. Next time you write a story, even a one-shot, try giving thoughtful sentences exploring how the character feels.
Rinnala chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I think... I liked the story...? I can't really agree actually with those last words, but on the other hand the war was won fairly. I wished we had heard more of the PLOT I mean (and this is why I ALWAYS hate oneshots and you just proved that even the long oneshots are no exception) there do not really happen anything such as describing their feelings (another reason to dislike oneshots - they are hardly ever thorough in their descriptions and the feelings) and is that not the entertaining part of a story? the change of mind and feelings - reactions.

But I guess you did a nice job creating a subjective perspective written purely with objective describtion - sort of impressive - slightly tough/dry/boring to read.

But at any point (however bad anyone writes or describes) I support those who write fanfiction and I admit that 9000 word are impressive (both of good and bad here)
Daniel chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
I hate u. did u know that. Alchemisits shouldve won. I thoroughy despise u now.
Tranquillity's Chaos chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
i really loved this story, but i wish that you had made it so than the readers, could read see how powerfull the state alchemists are
Eipok chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I agree with shackleddreams completely. This story was extremely rushed. The whole thing was just an excuse to have benders fight alchemists. It was pretty long, but very anti-climactic. No thought was put into this. At all.

I can tell by the way you write that you've got experience. There aren't many grammatical errors or spelling errors and what dialogue there is is done well, but it's all far too rushed. I'm sure you know how utterly preposterous the idea is and how hollow all the characters seem, but that doesn't make it right. I suggest you completely redo this. Put thought into it, develop a story, make it believable.

There are a lot of great ideas that could come out of a FMA/A:TLA crossover, but this isn't one of them.
nothing in this account chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
That was an extremely strange oneshot. The plot isn't exactly a one-shot kind of plot. Everything was very rushed, and reasons were given for nothing. The characters were also kind of ooc, but I can't put my finger on exactly how. :v Maybe they weren't, but they kind of struck me as weird. Maybe it was because the story was so rushed.

Anyways, for one, why the hell would the Fuhrer up and decide to invade some random country far away? They're still trying to turn Amestris into a big philosophers stone. Attacking another country too far away to contribute to the circle would be pointless and result in loss of lives which could have been used as energy for 'Father'.

Why the heck did the General give up so easily? They spend weeks coming to some foreign far away country, resulting in loss of lives due to having to cross a desert, and after a battle, they go, "Hey, General's captured, let's go back and tell the Fuhrer we epically failed." The Fuhrer must have sent the troops to the Fire Nation for some reason, stated or not, so what if he decided to send them all right back? More people would die. Wars are supposed to be long, and sacrifices and usually more than often made. : The general, considering he was willing to risk being shot by Hawkeye when he was captured, is therefore most likely not corrupt and should have been willing to die (although Aang would've opposed the idea of him dying) in order to win the war.

Saying that, he could've been a new and unexperienced general, but why the heck would the Fuhrer send a newbie general to lead this all-important war? And I say all-important because if the Fuhrer is willing to postpone the completion of the circle and have people die by crossing the desert and invading the Fire Nation with no guarantee of success or not, then the reason the Fuhrer had for invading the Fire Nation must've been great. Going back to my previous statement, the Fuhrer would've most probably had everyone about turn and march right back up to the Fire Nation. What's a general in the face of something so important completing the circle must temporarily stop? Of course, considering the general came back empty handed to save his own hide, the Fuhrer must have had him executed.

I was also going to point out something else, but I can't remember what I was going to say. It's kicking me in the back of my head, but I can't figure out what it was. I'm extremely befuddled. :