Reviews for How Many Ways A Heart Can Break
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I don't usually like Ginny, but this is amazing and very well written. The different ways of how a heart can break are really interesting, and your decription sounds really good :)
ToxicRainfall chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
This was really, really good! I liked your different descriptions of how a heart can break: they all seemed pretty true to life, and they were portrayed very well. It was extremely well written, and I loved it! Well done :)
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
I don't even ship Ginny/Harry all that much, yet that was awesome. You captured the tone perfectly- it wasn't overly angsty.
smily chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Great story. I really liked the glass/balloon/popcorn thing, it really tied everything together!
bluestargem chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Hi :) Wow, even though I'm not Harry/Ginny fan, or even a Ginny fan, this was wonderful to read :D

Title - different, original and definitely reflects the concept of the story. I like how you took the title directly from the story's main idea. However, to tell the truth, if I were browsing FFnet, the title wouldn't catch my attention because it doesn't capture the quality and depth of this story. 4/5

Characterisation - Ginny was perfectly characterised with just the right amount of depth. She's vulnerable and seems /real/ which is something I don't usually see about her. You mad me truly sympathise with her here. You didn't make her overdo the grieving - her reaction was perfectly believable and realistic, trying to deny that it was true etc. 4/5

Plot - powerful, moving, and very very gripping. The end was particularly good. 5/5

Grammar - generally well done. You have a very beautiful writing style which flowed well. However, some of the longer sentences were a little awkward - maybe some more editing would help :) 4.5/5

Use of prompt - fantastic really. 'Popcorn' is such a difficult prompt but you used it so creatively and in such a surprising way because I would never relate angst to popcorn :P You incorporated it into the story quite skilfully although it seemed the tiniest bit contrived at first. The song was used well too, although not as much. 4/5

Total: 21.5/25

Thanks for the beautiful read - Ginny isn't one of my favourite characters, but I really sympathised with her here :) Fantastic work!
lonely hands chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
This was a lovely read :) I'm not the biggest Harry/Ginny fan, but with your POV, I was hooked.

Title - I like it. Perhaps it could have been a little /different/ in that it was so similair to the actual story, but it got my attention, I must say. (3.5)

Characterisation - Ginny was really easy for me to relate to here and it was nice to see a vunreability to her character (and I mean that in the nicest way possible to her, of course) xD (4.5)

Plot - Very well written. I really loved how drabble-y it was, if you get my drift. It was very emotional and powerful. (4)

Grammar - Seemed reasonable to me. Some sentences seemed to be worded rather awkardly in places, however. (3)

Prompt - Brilliant. Not what I was expecting at all. I adored the similie and the imagery. (4)

Overall, 19/25. Thanks for your entry :)
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I liked this very much, in particular the image of the balloon, which was written very gracefully. However, the title was too long, and this awkwardness did not give a fair reflection of the quality of your story. Also, it should be "How Many Ways Can a Heart Break" or "The Many Ways a Heart Can Break", so I've given you 2/5.

'Popcorn' was an incredibly difficult prompt because it simply doesn't fit in with the HP world, so I took this into account when considering its slightly disjointed integration with the story. The elegance of your writing boosted you to 3/5.

Your characterisation was believable and had the perfect degree of depth for the subject of love. You managed to make me feel real sympathy for Ginny, which not many people can do ;) I felt that the adjective of 'fragile' was a bit OOC, but other than that it was wonderful, so I gave you 4/5.

This story was nicely written, and your style distinctive. There were a few sentences that were a tad too long, and places where the tenses were a little mixed up, and so I have given you 3/5 for grammar.

The plot was very moving and it was a well written story. It fit into canon nicely, although there were points during the beginning when I felt that it was a little superficial. Still, the ending was great, and so I've given you 4/5.

Overall, 16/25. Good job and thank you for an enjoyable story.
whispered touches chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
All right, confession time - I only looked at this to check out my competition. All in good nature, of course.

I am NOT going to win. This was fantastic, and you used your prompt amazingly - I envy you, mainly because H/G is my OTP. I loved all the glass and balloon, and this just has AWESOME written all over it.

Great job and good luck!

~whispered touches
Ninja Potter chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Gosh, this is sad! I almost wanted to cry! Really great.