Reviews for The Art of Self Deception
I hesitated when I saw that this was a Twilight fic, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

This was beautiful, simple, yet horryifing in all its implications. You really set the mood and conveyed a deep sense of horror in the reader at knowing that Bella was making all the wrong choices. The parallels between Bella's own story and that of Dracula and how Bella kept trying to convince herself that this was different, was painfully heartbreaking to read.

This fanfic has completely enthralled me to the point where I'd love to see more (perhaps from Edward's perspective and how he justifies his own actions to himself).

Yorik chapter 1 . 8/7
What a fantastic ending.
Alalaes chapter 1 . 6/26
"There is no end." - Now THAT is quite chilling. Thanks for writing such an insightful critique!
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 3/16
I'm going to visit a haberdasher, to purchase the fanciest hat I can afford, and put it on top of my head.

I will then take it off in your honour. Bravo! Bravo! Bravissimo...
Lunaliceazreal chapter 1 . 2/9
You are amazing (:
liesmyth chapter 1 . 1/27
whoah, this was gorgeous
Top Hat Octopus chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
This will probably be the first, last, and only Twilight fanfic I will ever favorite. The story is able to convey its message without resorting to shoving the message in the reader's face or bashing, and much is said while using small amounts of words. Keep up the good work.
nimuelsa chapter 1 . 9/6/2015
My feelings ... they cannot be conveyed by merely words. Their story is a caricature, a falsity, untrue and displayed so artfully within this fic is it. Despite my reluctance towards Twilight fanfiction, this is beautiful. Undeniably so. No ... it is not beautiful, it shows the falsity, it is not beautiful, it shows the horrible relationship between them, it makes it all so terribly obvious the badness, no, not badness. The sheer emotional manipulation. And while this fic is not quite beautiful, it is somehow more, more and I cannot say this enough but your fic is absolutely fantastic and please don't take my words the wrong way.

The fic is all crystallized fragments of my broken childhood and thin adhesive of a terrible series and the artistry of a talented author displaying the series and the crystal fragments all polished and shone with mirrors all about, reflecting and dazzling and beautiful in the rays of light that you somehow conjure from the light that you shine and the mirrors you prop. Kudos.

What I'm trying desperately to say is this: The fic is not beautiful, it transcends that. It is far more real and far more showing of the unhealthy relationship between Bella and Edward and the falsity of their fairytale and how ... how they were all fooled really.

I don't intend the ...uh, the me saying that the fic isn't beautiful as an insult indirect or direct or whatever intentionally. It's instead intended as a compliment, and something I can't quite say or describe with my limited vocabulary in that area. The fic is far more, far more than beautiful or ... whatever adjective I could fill with it.
Rowling's Daughter chapter 1 . 9/4/2015
WOW. Mind blown, it portrays her wonderfully. Faving it!
TooLazytoSignIn chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
I love coming across these darker versions of Twilight. Bleak, beautiful, well-written. Makes me actually feel something like sympathy for a Mary-Sue. Bravo.
LilyYumikoRockMe chapter 1 . 4/1/2015
Oh my God! So good!
sweettea1 chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Emotional, powerful, moving... I usually don't read much Twilight, but I happened to stumble upon your story here, and it intrigued me. I'm glad I took the time to read it now, because it was absolutely well done! As I said, it held deep meaning; and now, I wish this had been a part of Twilight itself. Marvelously done!

puntas abiertas chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
Awesome insight into this character. The book would have been much better if it explored their relationship (and Bella herself) like this. Fantastic fic :)
Miss Snazzy chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Wow. This was really good. Your rendition of Bella was refreshing. It reflected the tone of her point of view, but delved much deeper into her motives and experience than the canon without being a heavy-handed rewrite.
LovelyToMeetYou chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Wow. This story gave me chills. I admit that I only started reading this because you wrote it since I'm not a fan of this series, but this was wonderful. The parallels to Dracula and the way you describe what happens -or better, doesn't- makes this story even richer. Thank you for writing this.