Reviews for How To Lose Your Life in a Year and a Day
crystalblue19 chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
Ah, I loved this too, very nice and enjoyable like the first one.

And I just realized that Yuffie's mystery man is probably Jack Sparrow since she is going to Port Royale. xD
Mikey chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
I have to congratulate your stories so far. Your depth reaches now heights for me, since I've never come across such harsh internal conflicts. Everything is simple yet sophisticated. I prefer things simple, and I guess that's where I lose my own readers.

For instance, looking at the clues previous reviewers posted before me, I would have never guessed Captain Jack Sparrow as a compatible interest for Yuffie. But the clues do support the evidence!

Hope I can get you to help me with my own victims someday!
roxicodone chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
How could I resist the sequel?! Dark and broody and so like Leon (I can't bare to call him Squall because Squall belonged to Rinoa).

Great angst! Adding this to the favorites also (sorry, Cloud).
Arisa K chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I love this arc. Beautiful, that's all I can say.
Mistysky M.M.M chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I love your stories and your writing style. So full of emotions.
varee chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
one-shot-novel.. loved every bit of it. I feel way better with the ending. it was a nice way to finish the story )
drinktea chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
I just had to read the sequel after reading Shelf Life, and it was a satisfying sequel indeed :)

They are such an out-there couple, but your writing makes them feel so right. I like how wise your Tifa is, and what a stupidhead your Leon is (to oversimplify). They are great, human characters, and their relationship feels real too. All relationships have bumps, and as nice as it would have been for Shelf Life to have ended with them starting a shiny, perfect new relationship, it would have been silly. Your sequel dragged them through bumps aplenty, and they came out on the other side even stronger. As I said, a really satisfying story!

Thanks so much for writing this set of stories!
Handwritten chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
I absolutely loved this!
Kelly chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Stupidhead Leon. :P

I love Cid so much here. Nice sequel!
raiko.EXE chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I was looking forward to reading this when you mentioned a sequel in Shelf Life. It's a shame I didn't check the KH archive sooner, as this was a very nice read. As you mentioned, it is indeed darker than its predecessor, but the tumultuous shift from bliss to distress and the mental instability of Leon is more believable in a sense. Most fics usually make it so that all the obstacles are overcome in one sitting, so it's nice that you've changed it up a but. Though it took me a couple of re-reads in order to actually thoroughly enjoy it, I think you pulled it off quite well. And your description was just amazing, I really envy your writing skills. Well done!
Colossal chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Amazing Amazing Amazing. Nice technique, style, and over all story telling. Grammar- no errors, and word choice suited the story well. Bravo
tacks chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I literally died when I saw your name here again; I'm ecstatic that you're back and even more that you wrote a sequel to The Shelf Life - it was always one of my favorite stories by you.

I always thought Leon and Tifa just worked somehow; like two suffering souls who found reprieve together; somehow I find that more romantic than the high-strung drama of the traditional couples. You write Leon angst so so well; his stoicism, his understated comments, his restraint.

Anyway, hope you repost some of your old stories again; would love to reread them but also hope you post new ones!
Pms Akali chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
This was amazing. I had just started reading stories about Leon, and I think Leon X Tifa are the best so far. I loved the symbolism of the beach and the conflict inside of Leon. Thank you for making this great one-shot.
meltina chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
You know I love these two together (and if you didn't, you know now), so to see you writing them tickles me pink. And you write Leon so well - dry and antisocial and insecure, internalizing everything.

speaking of Leon... I like the imagery and symbolism? you made with the beach, ocean, waves, water, et cetera. It made me think of Balamb and FFVIII in general. I imagined that was Leon's homesickness peeking through-him thinking of home and thus, Rinoa. Or maybe I am looking at it weirdly?
Lindsey chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Okay... Let me list what I know. Number 1: Cid's taking the gummy ship to Port Royale. Number the next: Yuffie's in love with an older, responsible someone with who she has a few things in common. Number three: this someone is a night owl.

-in a not-so-sure-high-squeaky voice- Capn Jack Sparrow?

I am horrible at guessing games! -drops head to the computer desk in total defeat-.

...Now that that's behind us, on to the review!

Ooooh I liked this. Leon is so slow to get it, and Tifa wants it to work but she's getting sad and lonely and you conveyed it so well. Same with the conclusion. It was all very well done. And I just love how you write Cid and Aerith. Cid is just wise. So wise. :)

Thank you, Motchi.