Reviews for As Children After Play
JIJIC chapter 50 . 10/26/2020
Love it, love it, love it! I was so enraptured with your story that I read it in two days!
You are truly a talented writer, can't wait to read your other stories now!
SianJohn chapter 50 . 10/10/2020
Thank you so much for sharing this truly original tale with us.
NeedAMuse chapter 30 . 6/11/2020
I liked you at Housman.

I loved you at The Last Unicorn.

I really hope you don't start quoting Donne or I may lose control, pull an Edward, and kidnap you to live together in a library.

Seriously, though, you make me want to put more effort into being a better fanfic writer, even if I do just write it to blow off steam when I can't stand to look at my real writing projects any longer. I keep forgetting this story isn't an actual book that I paid actual money for.

Thanks.
JojoJinx chapter 39 . 6/10/2020
phew, I was so worried Charlie was going to have Bella's raist come into the family court. Also just a thought but surely by just taking a Swab from mason and Bella giving thee name of the rapist he'd be imprisoned as she was so underaged...and a police officer.
Guest chapter 17 . 5/13/2020
Damn! Really?
Scribner's2328 chapter 4 . 4/22/2020
Again, l have no idea if you'll read this, but just in case - this was one of my all-time-favorite chapters from any fiction I've ever read. Your descriptions of Rose's vampire senses, her character, and the nature of her bond with Emmett were just exquisite. Much of what you wrote was implied in the original books, but your words brought her to life for me. She has been one of my favorite characters; the movies portrayed her as shallow, but I love her blunt honesty. Thank you!
Scribner's2328 chapter 1 . 4/22/2020
Don't know if you're still reading the reviews from your stories here - but if you are, I need to stop reading this first chapter (I'm about 1/3 of the way through) and thank you very sincerely for sharing your writing talent. I've already laughed out loud twice, and haven't been distracted a single time by grammar and mechanics errors. Your prose flows perfectly smoothly. I love authors who write dialogue like people actually speak. I'm excited to have found another author whose work I can enjoy. I'm going back up to reading now!
athome Jo chapter 50 . 4/18/2020
Really good and unique story!
Guest chapter 47 . 3/26/2020
I first read this fic a little while ago and loved it. I'm returning to it now, during the coronavirus quarantine. I now have my own daughter, also an Ellie, also a redhead born from two brunettes (strawberry blonde). My background is nothing like Bella's in this story-but the way you've written Bella's feelings about her pregnancy really resonate with me. This is such a beautiful fic, and you've set the bar quite high in terms of writing quality. I struggle to read most fic in this fandom based on the writing, and you've spoiled me. Thank you for this!

(Now that I think about it, this fic might have been the one that put "Ellie" in my head as a nickname for a then-future daughter. I'd been sold on Elizabeth for over a decade, but my husband doesn't love "Lizzy" the way I do. It was "Ellie" that really won him over. Can't remember if I was thinking about ACAP when I suggested it.)
SassYNoleS chapter 50 . 2/13/2020
This was an amazing read !

BellaTesoro chapter 19 . 2/6/2020
We are to believe that Charlie had the authority to put a child born to his child into a group home, on hold, just to use over his daughter's head to keep her inline for more abuse. Ok, I'm done.
BellaTesoro chapter 18 . 2/6/2020
I know as a reader I should just either flounce and move on if a story upsets me but I'm not going to flounce but I did fast skim this chapter. It felt so...not needed. I feel like the overboard violence on Bella is for naught but...I really don't know why but not needed to make the point that Bella is and continues to be evilly abused by her father. We get it, didn't need to give the girl yet another horrific act of evil from a father's hands. I'm guessing we'll find out Bella was raped and had a child and that's who she's trying to protect. Ok, great but again, over the top. Just my opinion which is the story didn't need it to be a good story and tell about Bella's journey into growth and out of her degrading life.
BellaTesoro chapter 17 . 2/6/2020
This will be the second time that Alice gets blamed for not watching over Bella enough. It is hard to read how these vampires can't step up and find a way to protect Bella. And also hard is seeing in one minute Bella can't use any of her power or voice to get herself out of this horrific life she's led and continues to led. Someone at the age of 16 certainly ought to reach out for help to get her out of this. Going to a boy, Jacob who has sat back, all along knowing what Bella has been going through isn't the smartest thing to do. But I take it this is all part of the plot and so here we go...
BellaTesoro chapter 16 . 2/5/2020
Everyone calling Bella Babe is a little weird. I get Edward doing it but from the ladies, idk...
I'm with Edward and Rose and think they ought to get Bella away from Charlie until she's of legal age and can decide for herself where she belongs.
BellaTesoro chapter 15 . 2/5/2020
It's rare that stories have well developed secondary characters. It's refreshing to read this story with not one but many characters who are equally, if not even more multidimensional than the primary characters are. Esme is lovely and I even enjoyed listening to her backstory. Rose and Emmett are the best. Loved reading about their little time on the roof and Emmett's silly yet sexy self. Now if we can just get E/B on their way to interacting without falling apart.
2,505 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »