Reviews for As Children After Play
kinsano chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
I'm so glad you're back with this story-and I'm so sorry that RL has been so hard this past year! I'm enjoying where this story is heading and I loved that the feelings of the family toward the pregnancy are different from canon! It just adds such a different twist/perpective to the similar circumstances in the original story! If I may step onto my soapbox for a moment... I appreciate the pro-choice message in the story-whether intended or not. What so many people choose not to acknowledge is that pro choice is just was it says it is: pro-choice. And choosing to give birth is a choice. No woman should ever be coerced into giving birth if she doesn't want to, and by the same token, no women should ever, EVER, be coerced into an abortion, either. And quite frankly, in my humble opinion, from what I've seen in life, people who don't want to be parents but who are forced into it be it by personal or religious beliefs, family or peer pressure or by law, do not make good parents. And they rarely ever give up their children for adoption so their kids have half a chance to grow up emotionally, mentally and physically healthy. It's human nature: You are not going to care for, or make much effort to do, something you are forced to do. People who freely choose to do something will care enough to do it right. It really is that simple. Kids are our future-we owe it to them and to ourselves not to fuck them up. Kids should always be considered a gift and NEVER a punishment or an unwanted obligation! Your example of Bella resenting Edward for not giving her a choice to go away with him was an excellent example of true human nature even if in a fictional setting: what could have been an exciting adventure turned into a time of extreme bitterness and resentment, not because Bella would have said no, but because he didn't allow her to say yes. It is hypocritical in the extreme to call this country "the land of the free" and yet take away a person's free will and the right to make their own decisions over something that so impacts their own life. We will all suffer if this country turns, for pregnant women, into "the land of 'do as you're told.'" Sorry, the attacks on Planned Parenthood have seriously pissed me off! What those political gas bags won't tell you is that the vast majority of pregnant women who go to a Planned Parenthood clinic DON'T go to terminate their pregnancies, but go there for pre-natal check ups because they don't have insurance and there is no where else they can go to get quality, low cost medical care. It is a non-judgmental, pro-WOMAN atmosphere all the time. And if lawmakers would get their heads out of their privileged asses, they'd see that supporting Planned Parenthood in getting out the message of the importance of PLANNED parenthood, the number of unwanted pregnancies would drop and so would the number of safe and legal abortions performed. Idiots. PP gives out hundreds of thousands of condoms a year, which not only prevents unwanted pregnancies, but also helps to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted disease-and that can only be a good thing! Since only 3% of the services PP provides in a year are safe and legal abortions, that means that the political gas bags want to deny uninsured women/low income women(which there are a lot more of these last couple of years than there ever has been before!) the 97% of the other health services that women need, like cancer screening, pelvic exams, birth control, prenatal check ups, etc. Its too bad that these idiots who so loudly profess to care about babies, don't care about the babies that poor women want... Or about the children already born that will lose their mothers, often the only parent in the picture, to cancer if Planned Parenthood isn't around to catch it in time. There are a lot of working women out there, many with more than one job that don't have medical insurance and can't afford medical costs, but don't qualify for state programs BECAUSE they have a job and make too much money according to some arbitrary scale that doesn't take into account things like credit card bills, prescriptions, $4.00/gallon gas and other drains on "disposable" income.

I do apologize for using your review as a rant session, but since it's all true, I can't bring myself to erase it. Again, glad you're back with this story-I missed it.
lala43 chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Glad to c you back and please accept my sympathies for RL Kicking your ass. No matter how long it takes, kick L in the balls.

Nice update. It feels like there wasn't a break at all.

thank you.
normalty chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
So happy you are back. I was sorry to hear about your rough year. I've been there. Hopefully, things have settled and you can enjoy writing agian. Looking forward to updates when you can.
JavaMasta chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Hurray! You're back! :-)
Pandora's Box Is Heavy chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Glad to see you back in action! Can't wait to see what you have next. Take your time because whatever you put out will be absolutely brilliant.

Hopefully RL will give you a break soon because everyone deserves one every now and again :D

Thanks for updating, I've missed you
edwards-girl-4-ever chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Missed you and hope things ate on the upswing for you.
TheLadyKT chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
ooooh you are on TWCS. Will run over there too.

Glad to see you writing again. RL happens to us all.

Can understand Rose's need to talk to her. Hope she really thinks things through
JulzIzMe chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
This was recommended on fb. She was very excited that you came back and updated.
bcullen1026 chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Yay! You're back! Another great chapter. Sorry RL has sucked so much but I'm glad that you are back.
DizzyIzzyCullen chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
I love it. The in-site and emotions in this particular chapter. I love it! Thanks for updating!
SRVampire chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Welcome back! I'm glad the family is back together. Bella needs everyone in her emotional recovery from years of abuse. I love Rose in this chapter. She is a realist but she also recognizes some things like Bella working her way through her
cecilia4059 chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Thank you soo much for the new update. I've been waiting for it for a long time. Welcome back!

I don't see why Roslie had a say about Bella's new baby. The baby has a father and a mother, if the parents wanted to keep it then, I don't see what's the problem. Bella needs time to heal or even to find closure but it shouldn't have anything to do with the baby. I'm eager to find out more about the pregency and what will happen after they go back to the US. Please update soon.
Hev99 chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
I was so excited to see this update in my inbox! I actually had to double check it was real cos I was so convinced I imagined it lol! So glad you're back! I'm sorry you've had such a rough time though. I didn't know whether I ought to contact you or not. I was worried but I didn't want it to seem as though I was nagging you! I hope you're okay though and I'm happy that you're writing these guys again :-)

The chapter was great! Good to explore some of Bella's emotions over the pregnancy and get back inside their heads again. I'd forgotten how much I liked your Rosalie! :-)

Welcome back! :-)
sherryola chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Hi!

It's so good to have you back, but I know how the real world can get. i hope you're well and that all the problems have worked out, for the most part. I often thought of sending you a PM, but I didn't want to come off as pushing you to write. I've got a story up on this site now too, and i don't want to pressure any other author into writing when they're not ready.

I loed the chapter. Loved the interactions between everyone. i forgot how much I loed your Rose,a nd I particularly love her protectiveness with Bella. it's so great to ahve them all together again.

thanks for the update.

sherry
bitchybratt chapter 33 . 3/17/2012
Whoooohooooo you're back! Almost fell off my chair when i saw this story updated in my favorites! Good to have you back please update soon!
2,412 | « Prev Page 1 .. 98 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 118 .. Last Next »