Reviews for As Children After Play
Jaygm chapter 34 . 1/12
This story is absolutely amazing. I have not been able to stop reading. Charlie is truly an asshole- cruel beyond words. The story behind Mason is heartbreaking. I sure hope this new baby is going to make Bella and Edward happy.
theeyeshaveit chapter 50 . 12/28/2014
I realize I'm late to the party but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your story! Thanks, so much!
Guest chapter 50 . 12/23/2014
Thank you so much for this.
Bella Veyron chapter 4 . 12/23/2014
So is Bella raped at any point?
Sparkly1 chapter 28 . 12/22/2014
Hi Cris,

I stumbled upon your story Wisp and really enjoyed it. It was very intense and made me really feel tons of emotions. I was totally crying at several points during the story, but I felt true devastation and loss when Pet disappeared. Oh, and when everyone encouraged Edward to see Tanya, but then expected that he wouldn't talk about what's going on in his life? Ugh, I wanted to see something evil befall Tanya. But anyway, this review is not about Wisp. Heh... After I finished Wisp I popped on over to this story, and am having such a hard time. But it's a "good" hard time. You've fleshed out your characters well and I'm so engrossed in your story that my emotions are spilling out all over the place. Very messy! :)

#1... I don't like Alice. She seems very self centered and just too immature and hyper. Kind of like a 7 year old hopped up on sugar. Everything is all about what she wants, and what she thinks others (Bella) should want. She can't just step back and allow people to be themselves. And she's that little annoying cartoon chihuahua always hopping up to get into everyone's business, wanting what everyone else has. And maybe it's just because I have to work with someone very similar to how you've portrayed her (a 7 year old sugar addict in a 25 year old body...), but she's really annoying me. I'm working on getting over it. hehe!

#2... Edward just up and ABANDONED Bella, alone, in a medieval castle, in a FOREIGN COUNTRY?! Um, hello? I'm sure that is NOT what Rosalie meant! She's not just next door or even a town or so away. And he left her with no note, no money, no food, hit or miss electricity at best... and he thinks she'll be ok because "she had enough self preservation instinct to take care of herself"? What!? I'm so pulling my hair out at this. If he thinks she has enough self preservation instinct to take care of herself, why did he feel he had to drug her and whisk her away from her entire support system, not to mention her home... continent? And why won't he talk to her? Explain why he did what he did and why he thinks it's best, and treat her as an equal and not a possession? And he KNOWS she could have a panic attack out of nowhere, but he leaves her to just deal with it? On her own... in a foreign country... with nobody around for miles? Ugh!

This is how far along I am in the story... I'm not even through this whole chapter yet. Alice is just talking to Edward at the NY airport. I'm just completely floored that he actually abandoned her. I'm sure it's not forever, and not as bad as I'm projecting... but still!

Heh... sorry for sounding so harsh. Your writing is really so very good. I get lost and forget this is fiction. But I get so drawn in and can't stop until it's done. I can't read works in progress because I get so wrapped up and then get so angry that I have to wait any amount of time before the next chapter is posted. Heh... I have zero patience. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story... off I go to finish. Who needs sleep? Hehehe!

S.
JasmineDragon22 chapter 50 . 11/18/2014
Another great story. Although I would've eoshed to read a possible reunion between Jacob and Ellie. That would've been interesting. I liked Masons POV very insightful.
sumserotonin chapter 50 . 11/15/2014
Wahhhh! Literally the best Twilight fic I've ever read - particularly the best abusive Charlie fic i've ever read. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into writing it!
alisapay1 chapter 50 . 10/2/2014
Loved, loved, loved this story so much! And I'm so glad I found it when it was complete, as any delay in devouring it would have caused me pain! As it was, I had to stop reading when Bella took the Volvo to find Charlie because it was late at night and I needed to sleep but my dreams kept imaging awful things! Thank God Jasper was there to help her! Thanks for writing! I appreciate it so much! I'm also reading Wisp and love that too, but I'm gonna check out your other stuff! Mwah!
ttandme69 chapter 50 . 9/25/2014
Great story...loved it. Charlie and Frank and the two guys who held Bella down should have died a much longer and harsher death! Thanks for not naming Ellie after both moms...phew - we dodged a bullet there! Thanks for the hard work...Lisa
Edward's My Obsession 1971 chapter 25 . 9/18/2014
SO friggin sorry, again, for lack of review. I have no good reason except I'm reading ACAP as a pdf on my Kindle since I'm home in recovery from exacerbation of my disease. Anyhow, whew! A painful, bumpy ride for sure. The rational part of my brain gets why Bella is the way she is, to a point. But, some of her behavior and all makes me crazy! And Edward. Poor, misguided boy-manpire. He can't win for losing. Charlie is nothing a hacksaw, shovel and some diesel fuel wouldn't fix. Despise him. So, short of it is, I'm an angst hoor. So I'm in seventh heaven in the midst of your twisted debauchery. Love it.
Edward's My Obsession 1971 chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Loving the story. I suck at reviews. I get too in depth reading and forget. Actually I'm on chapter 8. Lol. You've created quite the asshat with old chief Swan. And love Edward, but Rosalie rocks.
Everleigh Allen chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Read the whole story! I really enjoyed it!
I was hoping for something with the court and the DNA of Mason aspect to amount to something, but I guess they (Heidi and the DA) dropped the ball- which happens often in cases like Bella's and in RL (don't I know it). Perhaps it would have been her word against his and such, too.
Such is life.
I know the exact "courtroom" room and have been in a similar one in a very (eerily) similar situation except it was my stepson being physically and mentally abused by his mother and we were trying to get him away from her. That whole thing hit home with me and it was hard to read as his mother was very much the Renee and his stepfather (and mother to an extent) was Charlie.
He's an adult now and trying to make a life for himself. His road hasn't been an easy one, and he made hope life insanely horrible until he was arrested at 13- 5 years later. From there he went to a group home- foster parents which was the best possible thing for him. We still keep in touch to this day. Thanks for writing the story, it was wonderful.
Momma Laura chapter 50 . 8/24/2014
Found my way over to your profile and saw this and then couldn't put it down until I was finished. What a great piece of writing! You expressed the emotions of the characters so well that I felt Bella's pain, Rosalie's joy of being a mother, Esme's love for Bella, and Edward? Edward's all-encompassing need for Bella to be safe...

Again - wonderful story, great job of writing! Now, on to the next chapter of Wisp (which my husband and I are both reading!)
PurpleBrina17 chapter 50 . 8/24/2014
I never looked to see if you had other fics besides wisp and last week, I decided to look. I read your one shots and then I saw this one. I love to read all the different vampwards, the different takes on it. This fic brought out a lot of emotions for me. From happy to sad to angry to just emotional...I am sure pms only made it worse lol (over share) anyho, I have been through some deep shit in my life and part of this fic hit home for me. But I enjoyed it still. I don't if I will ever be able to finish wisp...I got issues lol but I am glad I got to read this one. hope all is well with you and thanks again for your kind words on twitter to me. it meant a lot. much love.
maphie chapter 23 . 8/22/2014
I love Rosalie and Emmett being parents.
2,388 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »