Reviews for As Children After Play
Everleigh Allen chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Read the whole story! I really enjoyed it!
I was hoping for something with the court and the DNA of Mason aspect to amount to something, but I guess they (Heidi and the DA) dropped the ball- which happens often in cases like Bella's and in RL (don't I know it). Perhaps it would have been her word against his and such, too.
Such is life.
I know the exact "courtroom" room and have been in a similar one in a very (eerily) similar situation except it was my stepson being physically and mentally abused by his mother and we were trying to get him away from her. That whole thing hit home with me and it was hard to read as his mother was very much the Renee and his stepfather (and mother to an extent) was Charlie.
He's an adult now and trying to make a life for himself. His road hasn't been an easy one, and he made hope life insanely horrible until he was arrested at 13- 5 years later. From there he went to a group home- foster parents which was the best possible thing for him. We still keep in touch to this day. Thanks for writing the story, it was wonderful.
Momma Laura chapter 50 . 8/24/2014
Found my way over to your profile and saw this and then couldn't put it down until I was finished. What a great piece of writing! You expressed the emotions of the characters so well that I felt Bella's pain, Rosalie's joy of being a mother, Esme's love for Bella, and Edward? Edward's all-encompassing need for Bella to be safe...

Again - wonderful story, great job of writing! Now, on to the next chapter of Wisp (which my husband and I are both reading!)
PurpleBrina17 chapter 50 . 8/24/2014
I never looked to see if you had other fics besides wisp and last week, I decided to look. I read your one shots and then I saw this one. I love to read all the different vampwards, the different takes on it. This fic brought out a lot of emotions for me. From happy to sad to angry to just emotional...I am sure pms only made it worse lol (over share) anyho, I have been through some deep shit in my life and part of this fic hit home for me. But I enjoyed it still. I don't if I will ever be able to finish wisp...I got issues lol but I am glad I got to read this one. hope all is well with you and thanks again for your kind words on twitter to me. it meant a lot. much love.
maphie chapter 23 . 8/22/2014
I love Rosalie and Emmett being parents.
maphie chapter 19 . 8/22/2014
Ok, this part doesn't make sense. Bella had 7 people who begged her for her trust. Who demonstrated that they have her best interest at heart. She keeps this secret from them for days but then within hours decides to blurt everything out to fucking Jacob, the kid who turned a blind eye to her father's abuse even NOW that she is telling him flat out that it's happening? I understand that people's judgment can be compromised under extreme situations but even flies have better instinct. (Have you tried swatting one that somehow made it to your house?)
lesuse chapter 50 . 8/13/2014
This story was so satisfying to see Bella bounce back from all that abuse. It was very hard to read those chapters about what Charlie did to her. I kinda walked around in a cloud for a few days - felt so sad and lonely. So sad to think that there are people who mistreat and abuse their children or spouses. Worse than sad really. I know you said you came up in the system but I hope, Cris, that you never had to endure such horror as this fictional character did. Anyway, you are an incredible author and I am addicted to Wisp. Love to see an update and can't wait to see how it all ends for her. Mostly I pray you are doing well and feeling better - whole and have peace. Take care dear - don't know if I'm brave enuf to read Lullaby.
lesuse chapter 46 . 8/13/2014
There was a lot in this chapter and I loved it! However, I want to say that - even though it's a moot point now - Edward should have reamed Bella out good for facing Charlie in the diner! She would have been killed if Jasper had not been there - how did Alice see that since she had such a hard time seeing Bella? Must have been one of the few things that go through. Anyway, ding dong the creep is dead! And now the flu! The hits keep coming!
Mechcat chapter 50 . 8/9/2014
Wow. Just wow. This is such a well-writren story. I waited until it was done to start it, and I'm glad I did. So so good! I can not imagine having to wait for updates at some of the chapter endings.

If you're it cleaning up a bit, I wondered whatever happened to the splinter in Bella's foot after Edward kidnapped her, that Edward never did get around to removing? Also, in one of the early scenes where they're fooling around, Bella's bra seems to have evaporated, lol.

Thanks so much for sharing this story with us! I can't imagine how many hours of work it must represent.
2loveybunnies chapter 2 . 8/8/2014
by Rudyard Kipling
Scarlett09 chapter 46 . 8/6/2014
I have to say, Charlie's death was too sudden and too quick! I was expecting it to be an event...cathartic even, and for Bella to do it herself. I'd hoped maybe he'd come after her, and find her (after the change) not so breakable! After all the torture in this story, it frustrates me that he didn't get at least a modicum of his fair share, or even just to have felt some of the fear, knowing he was going to die. I also thought it would have been Jake in the woods, there to warn her.
Anyway, not my story, so I respect your right to write it your way, just couldn't hold back from giving my opinion on this particular issue. That being said, I've enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more of your for writing!
xoxokristen chapter 50 . 7/29/2014
Great story! I really enjoyed this one :)
lenniem chapter 50 . 7/4/2014
Thank you for sharing your story with us!
Sunne24 chapter 50 . 6/22/2014
Great story. Great writing. Really enjoyed it.
ReaderKat chapter 50 . 6/7/2014
Wow, fascinating story that was really hard to put down (almost made me late to church!) Very imaginative and creative, I really enjoyed the twists and turns this story took. Thanks so much for sharing!
Rose chapter 50 . 5/30/2014
Such a beautiful story! It took me a while to read it because of classes and work. But i absolutely enjoyed it. You are an amazing writer and I wish that there was more to read. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. :)
2,392 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »