Reviews for think of the patron saint of sacrifice
a walk on the w i l d side chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
I'm not a fan of one line reviews, but I don't have anything else to say. That was amazing. I love it, it was gorgeously raw, and un- un- the emotions were unedited. They were left as they were and they weren't made pretty, in fact, the whole point is that the emotions were ugly and raw and jagged at the edges. It was filled with negativity, negative emotions, description, words, but Lily was never made into a horrible person. She is the patron saint of love and sacrifice after all.

Just beautiful, yeah?

I loved it.
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
This is so very different, and so very perfect for its difference, and its style, and its structure. I love your interpretation of Lily - she's not the stereotypically perfect Gryffindor here, and I adore how you've really delved into her character.
storm-petrel chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
It's laavely and the way you wrote Lily is amazing because you made her seem so real by giving her real emotions like hate instead of just love, andit makes her seem

so much more believable. Amazing 3
Cassy21 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Oh, this is so indescribable! (in a good way of course)

I love this sort-of-alternative take on Lily; I mean, everyone must KNOW that she isn't all happiness & fluff, but it's so rare that anyone ever writes about it, & you made it the whole subject of this!

& you wrote it sooo beautifully; it's not a long piece but it's so vivid & alive! :)
three broomsticks chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
i loved it so much.

i think it really just outlines the fact that lily potter was always talked about as this goddess on high, which i'm sure she was, but there were some bad parts, too.

thanks for writing it.
LaPaige chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
This was wonderful. You captured Lily so well, and I love how you showed the side of her that everyone knows was there, but they hardly write about. I love your characterization and the irony throughout - brilliant writing.
hotgirlwizard chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
okay, i really loved the whole thing - especially the third paragraph. i thought it really flowed, and i wish it was longer. i get the title being lowercase is a style thing - i do it, too. i however, didn't completely enjoy the whole story being in lowercase maybe as a one-time thing? yeah, i can see that. that's groovy. but it'd be really annoying if it picked up, you know? maybe that's just me. anyway, other from that, i loved it! your phrases are amazing and ugh, it just flowed so well.