Reviews for A Few Extra Moments Won't Hurt
90TheGeneral09 chapter 1 . 1/17
I was scanning the Books section for a category for "Red Storm Rising", found a Tom Clancy category instead and found this. Short, but pretty well written. I just wonder about when exactly this happened- had the Soviets not quite reached that section of the island yet? Because during the Soviet occupation of Iceland, it seems to me like any KFC operating there likely would've been shut down, or at least monitored. I really have no idea if they even HAVE a KFC there. But aside from when, I wonder about the financial side. Did they *actually* come up with $20,000? Or, did you mean 20,000 krona. The exchange rate between dollars and krona must be HUGE. At any rate, that's all fairly minor stuff, and the story works. From the title, which is neatly mentioned in the story, I'm guessing that this is an alternate-history sort of fanfic, in which Air Force officer Edwards takes just a little more time to stop at this KFC, providing his improvised unit with additional food, before fleeing into the back-country to escape capture by the arriving Soviets. Anyway, a short fanfic, but a pretty good one. Hope there's some more "Red Storm Rising" fanfics out there.
Commander Kermit chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
I have read that book at least 5 times...and always thought the same...
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Hey, Napoleon said an army travels on its stomach. And if you want your men to do their best, it's only logical to give them batter than C-rats. Nice ficlet.
spectre666 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
LOL, nice thought. However, speaking from experience. Many who have not had the "pleasure" of living off C's for months at a time don't really think of them as so bad. I can see the sgt. or one of the other marines having this thought more than the officer. EX. my ex didn't think they were that bad. Of course, she never had to eat them cold, out of the can. (and I mean frozen, 4 ft of snow). Also, minor point, when would a zoomie ever actually eat C's? That's the "civilized" service. They don't live like the rest of us grunts. When they don't have finger bowls, they get hardship duty pay. (G)

Spectre
Triaxx2 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Probably because he didn't think of it, but wise is the man who keeps his troops well fed.

Besides, such mundane things tend to be ignored in action novels.