Reviews for Midnight Snack
that's some quality fanfic. i love the open-endedness, and everything. that was pretty cool
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
That was lovely. Perfect blend of humor and fluff and feels. There were a few typos but I can totally forgive that.

Nice job. :)
Dolphingirl32173 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
i'd fight for Damon! good story!
DElena is DEstiny chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
then who would fight for damon? why didn't feel like writing something more? like how elena will take the decision to fight for him?
Pwetty Pweease?
my 2 guys chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
that was good keep it up
Mountain-Woman chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
First off, I love how Damon says he "ALMOST felt self-conscious" without a shirt on in front of Elena. Very Damon-like to include that "almost." Of course Damon ultimately wouldn't mind a bit of body-scanning by Elena...

Other favorite Damon lines (you really captured his character well):

"Liar."

"We could always change that."

"...seeing as this non-conversation is so scintillating..."

"Hello, vampire here."

"Go hop trains, Elena. I promise you, if you join me, the possibilities would be...endless." (Love the double meaning about her becoming a vampire.)

"I keep offering the night to you, Elena. You keep turning me down."

"Miss me already?"

"Dashing. Charming. Irresistable."

"Believe it or not, I've slept without my clothes on for more than a century. It's not purely for your benefit."

"At least I kept my pants on."

"Do I look like I would know how long a "detox" would take?"

"Elena, do I make you...nervous?"

"You think you know me, you think you know Stefan, but you can't possibly understand."

"Hmm...so I owe you...dinner? For two weeks?"

"Besides, I don't try to kill people. I kill them. Or I don't. And obviously I didn't kill you."

"You're worth the fight."

"I think it's too late for me." (Awww. No it isn't Damon! Elena will come to her senses soon enough!)

I loved the stuff about hopping trains and immortality both being endless. And what happened when Damon met Miranda Gilbert? I'm so curious. Could you please write a one-shot about that? It would be so unique. No other author has done anything remotely similar.

I also loved how subtly you implied that Damon now sees Elena as his home. It seemed classier and more genuine with you implying it, rather than outright saying it. Kudos.

Overall, your greatesy achievement in this story was your characterization (omniscient narration, dialogue, descriptions of his actions) of Damon. It was pitch-perfect. Few stories capture his essence the way you did. No matter how much we fans want to envision Damon as the perfect creature to ever walk the earth, he has flaws. He is still a dangerous vampire who isn't all sensitive and loving and sexy. He is naturally an intimidating predator. And he never lets himself forget that. But there is goodness in Damon, and it shows up whenever he resists Elena. He knows that he doesn't really deserve her - not yet, anyway. And he cares for her so much that what's most important to him is that she is safe and happy; and because he feels that she'll never be that with him, he gives up on their being together. And that is the goodness in Damon. And maybe, someday, he will become good in other ways - good enough that although he remains a predator, he will be the right one for Elena to be with. Your story ends with that implied hope. It is very beautiful. I hope Elena fights for the goodness in Damon to grow. And I think she will.

Great story! It is very realistic, but says something meaningful about their relationship. I loved it.
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
elena should fight for damon!

loved this :)
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Oh I love this! Damon apologizing and kissing Elena's bruises like that..such a beautiful image! But my favorite line by far was "do I look like i would know how long detox would take?" lolol. Wonderful job :)
jess299 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
LOVED IT! honestly i don't think Stephan and Elena should be together so i basically love anything with Damon and Elena lol
miracle chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
WOW ! DAmon s character is si realistic and deep ... I like the story and read it with a belief that at last Elena will find the way to fight for Damon! Please think about writing a sequel with Damon and Elena you show their characters so brightly and while reading it seems to me as I can see them just in front of me
Vampgirl144 chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
oh my god! keep writing, this is awesome!
aprilday3 chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Oh my goodness...! I love this short little one chapter story. You really got Damon's character down to a T and the story was believable. Great job... insomniac or not it was really cute!
Caruka chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
I know your work from previous series ( Dark Angel) and I think its maturing... I loved the human /vampire interaction symbolizing the need each one have: the human need the unkown, the adventure and the vampire need what he lost- his humanity.
Bella44 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Wow that was a great story, very well written, the last part gave me goose bumps! Please update/continue with a sequel :)
iamdeleted chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Make a sequel. Seriously.