Reviews for 100 Dickens Drabbles
Laura Schiller chapter 16 . 5/4/2012
Poor Sir Leicester ... I can't even tell for sure where Dickens ends and you begin, but I think it's with the description of Lady Dedlock's ghost.
Laura Schiller chapter 5 . 5/4/2012
Sloppy and Jenny do have a sweet relationship. And come to think of it, Dickens was quite ahead of his time in even hinting at a romance - in Victorian times, disabled people were strongly discouraged from procreating.
Laura Schiller chapter 3 . 5/4/2012
Jo is such a blank slate of a character, it's a little bit eerie ... and pitiful at the same time. You captured that quality perfectly.
LoveFromShinola chapter 19 . 3/5/2012
I loved those! I haven't read/watched all the tales you mentioned but they were so interesting! I especially enjoyed Nancy and the Bleak House ones. Jo's perspective on Christmas was beautiful but heart-wrenching. And Leicester's interaction with my lady's sort of ghostly presence made me awww! Nemo's was probably the one I liked the most. He intrigues me so much as a character and the bit where he runs into Esther :) I've done a 2005-series based thing on that moment so that got me :'( Lovely x
swans-a-melting chapter 19 . 2/28/2012
the whole fic was good...but this last chapeter...beautiful! beautiful!
Pickwick12 chapter 19 . 5/3/2011
Beautiful chapter.
Dickensian812 chapter 19 . 4/26/2011
Excellent! I'm so glad you're writing these again!
Quod scripsi chapter 8 . 1/18/2011
Very clever, to include a non-human minor character in your project. If you are open to suggestions might you write one from the perspective of Mr. Krook's cat? I can't recall her name and my copy of Bleak House isn't handy at the moment. But if the cat witnessed Krook's spontaneous combustion, and she certainly may have, it could provide material for a particularly interesting drabble. Thank you.
Quod scripsi chapter 9 . 1/16/2011
You understand this character as if you had first penned him yourself. Well done – all of these are impressive and a joy to read.
Quod scripsi chapter 3 . 1/16/2011
My word, these are all excellent. It's remarkable how you are able to capture so many character nuisances in just 100 words. Dickens is perhaps my favorite author (yeah, righ - mine and many millions of other's) and "Bleak House" is in my opinion one of the best of his works. What you have written perfectly and tragically depicts Jo's voice, and I can't help but think Mr. Dickens would agree. Keep up the good work – I am adding this project to my favorites list.
Tamira chapter 3 . 12/28/2010
Those are all beautiful, but this one broke my heart a little bit, so it is the one I am oging to comment on.

I barely remeber Bleakhouse, might want to re-read it, and so I do not remeber this minor character, but the way you write him now I am remembert of another child in Dicken's stories, the little street-kid in "he Haunted Man and the Ghost’s Bargain", wich is probably my favourte story by Dickens, at least when it comes to shorter stories...

And I feel so sad for both of them. :(

Like I said, all your drabbles are great! (and I love that, apart from one, they are actual 100 word drabbles and not just very short, nearly-drabbles!)

This is going to be put on my story-alert.
Dickensian812 chapter 17 . 12/9/2010
Lovely! And so true!
littlefan chapter 16 . 12/3/2010
i only read 2 chapters because they r the only stories i know but i enjoyed them!
Thobbit chapter 15 . 11/19/2010
I love Mr. Lorry so much... it's the way he always describes himself as a 'man of business', but gives it so many different meanings.
Dickensian812 chapter 13 . 9/12/2010
That last line is perfect!