Reviews for Skating Bachelors
MARVEL HeartThrobs x TonyStark chapter 2 . 5/6/2013
Please add another chapter because its interesting. I also want to know how would Spock react if he then saw Jim again in the Kobayashi Maru Trial and what would happen to their relationship after the Nero incident.
Kaida Ren chapter 2 . 6/29/2012
OMG! This is sooo good! You should write more chapters, this story is just so cute!
Anariel Phoenix Blade chapter 2 . 4/30/2012
good
terrillian chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
cool so far
robins princess starfire chapter 2 . 8/5/2010
cool story! i can't wait to see where your going to take this so please updae soon!
Sharon180 chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Strange, I can't send you a private message... so here's another review, in reply to your reply to my first review... that's a mouthful.

I’d love to know which TOS episode you watched. As far as anyone knows, including myself, the only allusion made to temperature was in “The Paradise Syndrome” when McCoy said to Spock, “That green ice water you call blood”. The exact temperature (91F) comes from the Star Fleet Medical Reference manual (1977), which was written by the creators of the series and used for the series. The manual expounds on Vulcan physiology and the physiology of the other most well known alien races. It’s interesting stuff (for being fake-science it good at following the biology behind desert mammal physiology and lower temperatures). I won’t bore you with the details. It’s all on Memory Alpha and basically comes up in any search engine. Anyway, I am looking forward to more, so happy writing!
melodie4894 chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
hi. really like this story, it's good.

listen i know people have been giving you a hard time about this story and i can't belive people would be so immature about it, i help the author of the of the other story and i can say that besides the skating part there is really not that much in common, both of your stories are very good. i can't wait till you update and see haw this turns out. :)

don't let what others say get you down. it's your story after all.
Sharon180 chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
Yeah, I see the similarities between the stories, but I also see a lot of differences. If the other author gave the okay like you said, I don’t see any issues with it. It’s certainly an amusing AU. Spock on rollerskates, now that’s a crack fic. Nice job so far. I’d only correct you that Vulcans are cooler than humans (look up the canon). Tons of fics get the temperature thingy mixed up. And your abrasive author’s note was kind of off-putting. I checked the reviews looking for the “jackasses” you kept mentioning and I didn’t find a single mean review. I found a couple concerned reviews that tactfully expressed an opinion without accusing you baldly. I figure you’re hyped up and angry, but maybe a little more tact in your note wouldn’t direct more eyes to checking out the supposed jackassery (I totally just made that word up… but I swear I’ve heard it before _) Anyway, I can’t wait for more.
Mark-Ray-Grey chapter 2 . 7/20/2010
I like this story so far! Can't wait for the next chapter!
MyriadProBold chapter 2 . 7/20/2010
I'm glad you are not discouraged and you are continuing. Your story is very different from the other skating rink story.

I'm happy that Jim wants more than a one nighter with Spock.
MyriadProBold chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Nice job. I'd like to see where this story is going.
Basilisk Ishikir chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I LOVE IT! Continue! PLEASE! Spock is sooo adorable...in a Vulcan way...
maiky1992 chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
hey that is the same topic kathrynw221291 wrote about.

maybe you should check that you dont copy her whole story.

some parts in your story are a bit different but there are many matches and thinks that kathryn mentioned.
foxgodess07 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
i like it so far. update soon.
DB2020 chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I'm confused. When I saw your story, I thought the author of 'Rollerskating? How illogical' had simply done a repost and changed the title. Then I saw it was a different author.

I understand that when it comes to fanfiction everyone wants to do his or her own take on popular storylines. Everyone wants to do a ‘pon farr’ fic, or an ‘aliens made them do it’ fic, or a ‘Jimmy on Tarsus IV’ fic, etc. So, with that in mind, I expect to come across a lot of stories that are similar in plot.

I’m not throwing the word plagiarism at you, but your bordering on it. There’s no denying that you read kathrynw221291’s fic and used it as a platform. If her fic inspired you to do your own twist on a roller rink AU, that’s fine. But don’t post something that’s essentially plot point for plot point someone else’s fic. From beginning to end, this first chapter of yours follows the first chapter of her fic exactly. Between Amanda making the roller rink a surprise, Spock not knowing how to skate and clinging to the wall, Kirk and Sam showing up, even Sam off with some ‘red head’, and then Amanda coming back in near the end there… That’s just not cool.

I’m sorry if I sound harsh, but I just read the other roller rink fic the other day, so it’s fresh in my head. Then I read yours and it was like a slap in the face. I can’t imagine what the author of the other fic must be thinking.

At the very least you could have acknowledged the other fic in your author’s note and explained that you’re essentially taking that story and spinning it. I’m not even going to say you’re rewriting it, because rewriting something entails making it at least a little bit original. If you know what article spinning is, then you know it’s basically changing out adjectives and rephrasing sentences to keep the exact same idea intact, with minor differences. You’ve spun another person’s story, which is pretty darn close to plagiarism. I think you should consider taking this fic down or risk being reported to the site administrators. I’m not sure what the policy is on this sort of thing, but I bet it will raise a few eyebrows.

Sorry if I sound like I’m on some high horse. But I’m really possessive of my own work and would be devastated if someone else spun my stories and claimed it as their own.