Reviews for Star Trek: Heronas
Zero Credibility chapter 12 . 9/13/2010
I'm glad you've at least brought them together. They have plenty of issues left to resolve, but these two have never been good at talking honestly to each other. There are several things I wanted them to say, and look forward to them saying soon.

Trip, the idiot, hasn't ACTUALLY said "I'm sorry". I'm sorry for putting you through the pain of feeling me 'die', I'm sorry for leaving you to suffer the agony of believing I was dead, I'm sorry for not trusting you enough to tell you what I was doing. I'm sorry for letting you down.

And T'Pol hasn't said: I thought you cared for me. I thought I could trust you with my life, with my heart. How could you betray me like that? And how can I trust you ever again?

I hope they will eventually work this out, but Trip (the idiot) frankly doesn't deserve her as far as I can see. Meanwhile, it's good to see that T'Pol is still determinedly territorial about her man. If Cole thinks she can take advantage of their estrangement I think she is in for a very nasty shock.

More! More! MORE!
mmnight chapter 12 . 9/12/2010
Can't wait for next installment. ...this was just fantastic
Alelou chapter 11 . 9/12/2010
You'd think T'Pol would be a little better at listening to fellow Vulcan scientists when they give her useful advice. Sheesh!

Nice rich chapter - very long! - and I'm game to see where this goes, though I don't quite see how, if they are getting as much from each other through the bond as they seem to be, this chapter resolves with quite this level of continued angst.

However, I ssure as hell can't let it stop there, so ... I guess you you know what you're doing. If the next one is this long, though, I'll have to wait and come back later.
Thot84 chapter 9 . 8/20/2010
You find a good balance between the anticipation of the Enterprise crew who are stucked to wait for the things bound to happen and the Heronas crew, who are travelling fast as hell.

Funny thing: They are in totally different and in the same moment in quite identical situations.

I would like to see some/any reaction by other Starfleet personal about Trip's fast climbing the ladder. Trip is just 35 years old at this point (2156) and I doubt that it is common knowledge that Trip got the job because he was kept away from Enterprise by force (Gardner).

I mean the average Starship captain should be around 10 to 15 years older than him. In addition, it doesn't have to be the mainstream opinion of the people they encounter. But some envy morons would fit into the scenery.
Thot84 chapter 8 . 8/20/2010
The pen and paper element is hilarious. Thinking about it more closely, it makes totally sense: You don't have much space on a ship like Enterprise for recreational activities and sometimes it can take days to travel from point A to B. In addition, to play different roles/to assume different ones helps to think out of your personal mind frame.

And the potential with the figure Wong is great, since the 'Can't make an omelet without breaking some egos...' indicates nice scenes in the future.
Zero Credibility chapter 10 . 8/19/2010
Ha ha ha.

"And I want a pony, and a Starfleet Captain Barbie, and a brand new hovercar, and..."

He may be a rookie, but with an indomitable spirit like that and able to keep a cool head in the face of death, I think he'll go far. If he survives the next thirty minutes.

I do have one comment on style. There were two points where you added some supplementary details in parenthesis, and both times it weakened the story in my opinion.

The tazer was ingenious and I'm glad to see it worked. And now we see T'Pol has definitely been avoiding Trip. Who is, let's remember, an idiot. You'd better get that compelling and thoroughly logical explanation ready Trip, or you're going to be for it.

Only one chapter left? No no no, that's isn't enough at all. :(
Alelou chapter 10 . 8/19/2010
Adagio? I guess maybe for the first freighter there, though I wouldn't say that fit the tone of their efforts. This is a rocking and rolling battle scene, that's for sure. Nice job.

Amd now I want to see some fireworks of a very different kind... Does T'Pol not realize where her next posting is?
Procrastination Is My Game chapter 9 . 8/16/2010
Wow - I am really loving this story! I think you may be right that people like the familiar but it's great work and sure to catch on soon. Looking forward to the next lengthy chapter, and hopefully the imminent meeting of Trip and T'Pol and the rest of the Enterprise crew! :)
Zero Credibility chapter 9 . 8/14/2010
The Andorians have always struck me as brave to the point of recklessness, so what the heck has Trip come up with to provoke that reaction? And what's this 'package' that Reed is sending in? I'm utterly intrigued, and I suspect that Trip's "surprise" is going to include some 'cool human mojo' that I've never seen before - and hopefully the Romulans will be just as surprised.

What a difference it makes, having the right person in the right place at the right time. Having enough contacts to rustle up some serious firepower at short notice, enough knowledge of smugglers routes to get them where they're needed in time, and some ingenious new weapons to give them a fighting chance when they get there - is there anyone else who could have pulled this off?

Clearly T'Pol's name is well known by the Heronas crew, and I wonder whether that's because she was so pivotal in it's design and construction, or because she's famous within Starfleet. Or is it notorious? She didn't say it, she didn't think it, but she wasn't far away from "I wish Trip was here". Does she know he's coming? I guess not. There's a sense that everybody's rushing in from all directions and we're about to explode into action. Just an hour to go. Can't wait!
Chris7594 chapter 9 . 8/12/2010
:) Great chapter. Loved the story about Archer and the Klingon.
Alelou chapter 9 . 8/12/2010
Good one!

So was that Klingon story about Archer?
Dreylin chapter 8 . 8/5/2010
This is fantastic, and it's getting better as it goes.
Nemo Blank chapter 8 . 7/30/2010
Nicely written and interesting. T'Pol is going to kill him, but hopefully she'll chose death by sex for his demise.
framework4 chapter 3 . 7/28/2010
It seems as if your tale is set against the background of the novel "The Good That Men Do". It was tripe. Using it was a basis pretty much means you are setting up your tale to be tripe.
Alelou chapter 8 . 7/28/2010
Well, it sure looks like Tucker will be the hero of the day, even if Section 31 decides he has to die for it. Nice to see bright ideas cropping up all over the place, though.
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »