Reviews for Into the Pitt, She Falls
CloudFunction chapter 65 . 9/20
Reading this series through again after all these years was such a strange experience. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that, without the blinders of teenage fandom on, this story has some problems, particularly near the beginning. Lot of weird stilted chapters, run on sentences, and awkward dialogue. I almost didn't want to go through the whole two installments again, because it had such a special place in my heart during an uncomfortable time.
But I did read it all again, and it still has that place, because Out of the Dust and Into the Pitt become genuinely good. You really came into it around when Charon was introduced, and developed some really remarkably dynamic characters. Your writing improved as you seemed to get a handle on who these characters are and where you were going to take them; you really are a good writer, and some of the scenes you churned out have stuck with me even years after I first read this series: Charon and Cort's slog through Our Lady of Mercy and The Statesman; their first time together in the Vault-Tec Headquarters; their interludes in Megaton; the finale in Tenpenny Tower. And I think the reason I remember them all so clearly and fondly is because you not only made such fluid and believable characters, but behind it all I realize now was a really well thought out version of the wasteland. It's what I think sets your stories apart from a lot of others in this category(or even on this site.) That you never let the reader forget where it is these characters are, or how their place defines them. It's an attention to setting that I think gets lost in other stories that also focus on characters and relationships, even though both are contextualized by the environment. I realize now how vital simple details like the wasteland having weather were to making it so believable, how so many characters having histories and stories of their own made your version of Fallout seem more real to me than the actual game.
But anyway. Yeah, I really loved your stories, and still do apparently. Saying that they're 'inspiring' sounds like a cliche, but it's true. I think little me learned from you, even if I didn't realize it at the time. So thanks, for making it and putting it up here. It was special to me, despite it's flaws, and probably was to a lot of other folks too. I hope things are working out for you, whoever and wherever you happen to be, and that (if you still enjoy it!) you're still writing.
Jane chapter 1 . 7/9/2016
Gosh, I really wish the third installment existed!

Between this series and Wolves Beneath their Seams, I can't decide which version of Charon I enjoy more. Might tilt a bit to this version, with him being more vocal and the contrast of killing machine vs. confused teenager. Plus seeing the relationship difficulties and Charon trying to navigate them is really spot on. His inability to express complex emotions really fits. Everything just fits. Oh, him tugging on her hair is adorable. For some reason that little detail just rings true.

Wish there was more!
Chaerod chapter 65 . 8/18/2015
Mopps, I love your story. Seriously. This is amazing. Even more amazing is reading through it a second time, much quicker this time than before, and seeing how your writing style has evolved over time. You've given Cort an amazingly goofy, strung-out sense of humor; and then you gave Charon a caustic, downright bad one (at least as bad as mine). You've managed to develop everyone important equally, even giving time and consideration to some of the characters most people don't think a whole lot about, like Confessor Cromwell and such.

Honestly, nearly every Fallout 3 Charon/FLW story I've run across emulates yours. I can see where they follow your pattern, and then I can see when they deliberately deviated away from it to try and make their own... I started writing one myself and then realized I was doing the exact same thing. I would also like you to know that I've started using your characters' more colorful insults and curses- "Sweet creeping Jesus" is one of my favorites.

So I hope you haven't lost all motivation for this. I'll keep cheering for you either way.

I hope your injury sorts out, and I hope your civilian employer stops being a massive crotch-bag. And thank you for writing this. Seriously. It's amazing.
dreema chapter 65 . 7/9/2015
Wow, that was a fairly intense few chapters, really well written, thanks.
dreema chapter 45 . 7/2/2015
Wow, heck of an ending to that 'chapter' of Cort's life. I really like the grittiness of this story, thanks.
dreema chapter 29 . 6/20/2015
Wow. Hell of a chapter :)
ffhz chapter 45 . 1/22/2014
Hello, i know it is forever since you have last updated and i can only hope to hope that you are still around (as i have been waiting for updates for over a year) but i really must say that charon of all people must understand the loss of loved ones and the joy of finding oneself, in as weird and fucked up way as she is really finding herself. so i understand that he cant understand most if all social interactions but he cant push this one under the rug as much as he wants to. i think that if you are gonna have something in his perspective in this chapter he has to understand it on a more intellectual level to make it plausible.

bee tee dubs, come back

please

:]
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
I love your work ! I'm not logged in right now (normally post under Zukuto) and I hope you post Part 3.
Rebekah93 chapter 65 . 8/5/2013
Are you going to finish this? or is it done?
Elin chapter 64 . 11/19/2012
Oooh i absolutly love your fallout stories! Took me forever to get through 'em! But damn! I love them sooooo much X)

You're a freaking amazing writer
fandelivres chapter 64 . 11/8/2012
Yes! you made roy appear:) after all this time, I was getting desperate. Thanks for the chapter!waiting for the next oneXD
Kersplatt chapter 64 . 11/9/2012
We missed you, Mopps! I hope you're feeling better after your ordeal. This chapter is, of course, excellent as always. :)
Sarah chapter 64 . 11/7/2012
So so soooo glad you posted! I've been in Cort withdrawal! Can't wait for another update! And seriously that whole "I'm buggier than an Amish parking lot" made me bust out laughing! Thanks for updating! You're the best!
Kal Skirata chapter 64 . 11/8/2012
great chapter cant wait to read the second half. Hope the injury heals up soon and that your work situation is sorted soon as well
River Nightrunner chapter 64 . 11/7/2012
Coming home after a long ass day and find your new chapter is the best thing that's happened all week!