Reviews for Begging Letters
Barricade Butterfly chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
This is really interesting. That idea about Azelma and the way you portrayed her fit so well with the book, and are written so nicely, that it is now part of my Azelma headcanon. The premise of this fic was so sad it really showed the Thenardiers' descent, and you handled both sisters quite well and differently. Overall, intriguing, melancholy and great.
EuphrasieTheOwl chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Ah, the origin of the letters and lies!

I absolutly love your Azelma. She's so pitiable (is that a word? I'm not sure...I'll be looking that up later...) and innocent. Poor girl. She's always been one of my favorites and I'm glad that she's starting to recieve the attention that she deserves!
Les Mots de Meaux chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Excellent story! I love this so much. Azelma is so rarely used at all in a story, and she is even more rarely used in the first person. It was wonderful to get in her head for once, and to know what she was thinking before they moved to Paris.

That area of the Thenardiers' life is so under-written. I absolutely love your style of writing, the way you convey the ideas.

Like Mlle Patria said, there are a few inconsistancies, but overall, this is wonderfully written. I hope to see more like this from you in the future!
Mlle Patria chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Great story! I really like your Azelma. She is rather underloved in the fandom. I just wanted to point out a few little inconsistancies. At first Thenardier owes two hundred francs. Then Madame says that they owe two thousand. Also, the rich gentleman gives them fifty francs but, Eponine lays a hundred down on the table. Other than those little things it's great!
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
this is REALLY good, Roses. I love how you do discreetly bring up the fact that Azelma is mentally disabled. No one ever things about things like that, they just know that she's dependent on 'Ponine!
frustratedstudent chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Wow. I think you're one of the few (if not the first) writers in this fandom that ever gave an explanation about those letters! Azelma's dread and embarrassment about this situation are so realistic. Great work!