Reviews for Wand Cores
Ellie.Cast4 chapter 6 . 6/15
Awww… my shriveled, calloused heart ached at that last paragraph.
EmmaRose02 chapter 33 . 3/23
It's impressive, the amount of creative nicknames you come up with to address Dumbledore
I must say this one of my favourite fics, I love reading stories in which Tomarry exists but where Fumbledore isn't evil or bashed cause he's my fave. Also I love Tom's nicknames for Dumbledore such as Fumblebore, Wumbleboar, Humbledore, and Bumblegore.
This story was a headache to read
Li-Ion78 chapter 1 . 1/7
yes redeemable that a six year old child can hold that kind of grudge against a man that chose to take care of him and take from that orphanage and not be grateful about it. it seems so pointless in t he story, at least he could have a little bit of affection for the person that took him away from his misery? such a weird thing indeed in this story
irys.peverell1 chapter 49 . 11/21/2021
I'm so sad, it's never going to have an end. I love it all.
World-Explorer chapter 22 . 7/13/2021
lol affogato dear riddle. put the vanilla in ur coffee.
World-Explorer chapter 4 . 7/13/2021
awww Tom. i love ur brief fantasy. i love ur style of writing. its fun and new. looking forward to read the rest of the story.
AytiFox chapter 49 . 6/17/2021
Hello,
Beforehand, I apologize for my bad english, it's not my native language and I don't have a lot of experience with it. I'm just a french girl in the 10th grade .
Damn you ! Finish like this, argh I'm so frustrated ! I really think it is one of the best or the best fanfiction Tomarry with a time travel that I have ever read, really. It's just so awesome, just the fact to have a Harry in the 20s, it's freaking original ! I didn't have devoured this story like I'm use to do with stories I like only because it's in english and then it tires more to read it than in my native language. But I think I have more enjoyed because I took my time.
Something that I really enjoyed and made me laugh it's the french words that Tom use sometimes, in my mind I read it with my best english accent eheh.
Also, I really love the fact that Voldemort is in this timeline and OH FUCKING DAMN I REALLY WAIT THE FINAL FIGHT, hum sorry.
Bref (I don't know how say that in english), I really love this story and I think it's in my top 10. A big thanks for you to sharing this WONDERFUL and AMAZING story !
a pair of ragged claws chapter 49 . 5/29/2021
I just found this story and read the whole thing in a couple of days, and I love it! You manage to avoid so many time-traveling fanfic clichés—not that I don’t love some of the stories with clichés or the stories that began the clichés, but it’s great to find a fresh twist on things here. For instance, I like the way that Harry is honest with Albus and Tom from the outset so that you can get straight into the story. I also like how you avoided the problems of time paradox in an interesting way, and then that whole thing turns out to be part of the larger backstory (with the reason older!Albus is in limbo to begin with) that makes sense, so it’s not just some kind of inexplicable deus ex machina thing, but in fact is actually a compelling and internally logical aspect of the story. I also like your explanation about magical signature resonance as an alternative explanation for Voldemort’s failed baby-cide in October 1981.

In “real life” I would definitely object to a relationship between a 25-year-old and a 13/14-year-old, no matter how extraordinary the teenager was; but this is fanfic and I’m definitely enjoying the slow-building romance, especially since it is unfolding within the awesome plot. Speaking of the plot, this last cliffhanger is amazing and I can’t wait to see the confrontation between Voldemort, Tom, and Harry. The prophecy from the Dreamer (that V can’t/won’t be killed) adds enough worry and doubt that it doesn’t feel like I can predict what will happen, which is great for me as a reader. I also love the incredible psychological tension that is going on in ch. 49, not knowing how exactly Tom is feeling.

I hope things are OK with your mom. I understand how hard it can be to have a seriously sick parent because my dad died of cancer a couple of years ago, and after his diagnosis I took time off from grad school and moved home for almost a year to help out and spend time with him. After he died, I started using fanfic binge-reading as a coping method. It’s definitely an addiction at this point, but I figure that it is a relatively harmless own compared to other addictions I could have gotten into. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten much work done on my dissertation, but I really needed to be able to escape from reality for awhile there. I hope you have found your own ways of coping (and I hope you’re staying healthy even while coping). I am also hoping you’ll find some inspiration to write these last three chapters soon! Even if you never come back to it, thank you for writing and sharing this awesome AU with all of us readers!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/11/2021
Dh
Guest chapter 35 . 5/11/2021
Dj
cerulean369 chapter 49 . 3/24/2021
Oh my. I don’t have the proper words to describe how magnificent this story your have written is. The gut wrenching character you have written as Tom Riddle, the scared conniving dangerous beautiful boy. Simply amazing. Your writing is truly a treasure. I can only hold out hope that you will come back one day and finish this master piece of yours. I hope your doing well and staying safe during these crazy times. Thank you for sharing this story, it’s truly been a gift to read. :)
cerulean369 chapter 7 . 3/23/2021
Oh my. Gellerts letter to Dumbledore, my eyes are watery. Your writing is beautiful.
Kamiko chapter 49 . 1/15/2021
I hope you finish this some day, it's the best one I've read.
2,051 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »