Reviews for Wand Cores
alfamky chapter 43 . 5/25/2014
I think this is getting better and better. To tell the truth, I really appreciate your efforts to adorn your writing with the pompous, "purple" language as you would expect your characters to use...but sometimes, I feel that letting in slips or the way you present yourself as an author works better. These last sentences in this chapter, for example. They spoke, and the tone was certainly different from that of the aged, bitter, conflicted Harry you had strived so hard to solidify in the previous chapters. Then again, maybe it's just my personal preference. I like it.
alfamky chapter 22 . 5/25/2014
LOL the ice cream innuendo had me rolling on the floor!
alexis90 chapter 48 . 5/25/2014
hello lydia:D
i am so glad to see an update. I haven't read it yet though. I actually think of reading your story all over again so maybe i will wait i bit longer till you upload more chapters:)
also...i draw a picture for you and posted it on tumblr. i tagged you but i didn't see an response so i guess that you either didn't saw it yet or that you saw it but it really sucked and you ignored it(hope the last one was not the case)XD

so i am posting here the link(in case you didn't see it)

QuartzRose chapter 44 . 5/21/2014
I love games, so after reading this chapter I had to try out the chess game. Some of the moves can't be done in order, and I feel like some moves are not shown. But working around and getting the major pieces in their proper places, the moves actually work. Brilliant! Though black was playing rather poorly. Not that I blame them, Tom is intimidating! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy your story especially this chapter. And I have to ask, how did you come up with the game?
fangirl05 chapter 48 . 5/21/2014
Thanks for not making Riddle mock Dumbledore's name so much this time. There comes a point where I wanna drop-kick the little douche just to make him shut up and move on.
Guest chapter 36 . 5/20/2014
Yes! Heck yeah! The little Gryffindor in Tom came out and turned everything upside down! Go impulse 3
ShadowBrand chapter 48 . 5/19/2014
Awesome chapter! Thank you for updating the story! Keep up the good work!
WelcomeToTheAsylum chapter 48 . 5/19/2014
Damn you, damn you, damn you! How can you write so damned well? I started reading this chapter only half-remembering the plot and entirely in a different world, and now... I even miss Grindelwald, and he wasn't even in this chapter! Damn you, however am I going to wait until the next instalment?
In terms of actual comments, I'm impressed by Harry's analysis of Dumbledore, nicely-faceted. Anger, but not just anger, laced with desperation. I suppose the idea of Tom-as-bait fits in with the whole Dumbledore-planned-this-from-beyond-the-grave idea, as there wouldn't be bait to use if Harry hadn't come back. And then again, original (for lack of a better adjective, 1940's-before-this-story-began) Dumbledore would not have had the ability/strength either. You know, I only just this minute noticed how much you've let him change over the story, subtle. I wonder if it's a change for the better? It's certainly a change toward the more confident/powerful/morally-overwhelming Dumbledore of canon, whereas you started with the father-figure Dumbledore. Was that intentional? If I was feeling English-essay-ish, I could go on to say you were mirroring the growth in the books where child-Harry saw a much gentler version than older-Harry to show Dumbledore growing in maturity and ability, but I think that would be stretching the point. Maybe I'll leave it at general interest in the change of Dumbledore you've managed to pull off without my even noticing.
May there be another chapter. This is starting to feel like an ending brewing, but I still don't know what you're going to do with it. (Though if you end by Voldemort killing all of them and taking over the world, I shall be unimpressed. Well, disappointed. Just sayin'.) Good luck to Tom (please don't break our hearts either.)
Lunarlight97 chapter 48 . 5/18/2014
Oh my goodness! This was excellent. I can't wait for the next chapter! The ending is going to be splendid, I know it! I love this just a little bit too much. I reread it obsessively and each time I understand and love it just a little bit more. Thank you so much for writing such amazing things!
SleepyBearX chapter 48 . 5/16/2014
I love, love love this story. I haven't found anything really good in a while and then I found your story. I read the whole thing in under a day. Keep on writing because I can't wait for the next chapter.
SlvrSoleAlchmst1 chapter 48 . 5/16/2014
I still am utterly impressed by the fact that you use such broad and rich vocabulary in your prose without ever sounding strained, pompous or dry (unless said effects are what you MEANT to do via character POV). Your work is a joy to read for your diction alone, and then there are all the other great reasons. Like plot originality and all the nerdy magic tidbits. And of course, the slash. Thank you for this update!
Miss Nailia chapter 48 . 5/16/2014
so glad you updated, great chapter but so angsty! i hope you'll update soon to make up for it! lol please do!
Zggs chapter 48 . 5/16/2014
I am so anxious to see how this story ends, but I also want it to keep going. It is by far one of the best I've read.
r.b.fanfic chapter 48 . 5/16/2014
TheFool813 chapter 48 . 5/16/2014
I've been with you since 2010, and I plan on continuing with you until the end. As long as you keep writing, I'll keep reading. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful piece of fiction with us. This chapter is brilliant as well. Harry and Tom's duel was so intense, I could feel my own blood boiling. And their kiss after... Damn, was that intense. I can't wait for a sex scene. This story makes me feel things.
I'm glad we're drawing to a close, but I also sad to see it go. I've developed a relationship with this story these past four years, and I just want you to know that opening my inbox and finding that this fic was updated fills me with joy just as much as it did in 2010, if not more. The excitement I get from each new chapter only grows. Really, thank you so much for choosing to share this story with us. You're a phenomenal writer.
1,904 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »