Reviews for Wand Cores
Fk306 chapter 19 . 8/5/2010
this is great I look forward to more
pouf chapter 19 . 8/5/2010
One word: LOL. Poor Tom.

I suppose I should warn you that I'm leaving tomorrow on a three-day camping trip, so if you update during that time and don't get a review from me, it's not because I've suddenly decided to stop reading. I shall be back with my usual dumb comments.
PhoenixfromtheFlame chapter 18 . 8/5/2010
Wow

This story is fascinating :) Poor Tom Riddle, all broken, inside and outside :)

Although Harry does forget sometimes who he is dealing with . . . .

I look forward to reading more :)
Allasvitkona chapter 18 . 8/4/2010
Splendid story and splendid magic you invented here..original, shocking and soul-fulfilling.

I really needed to read something that good! (grins very pleased and happy) I'm not going to tell you what i think of your characters though, I don't want to influence you or the plot..just know that I love them

I actually noticed you're updating pretty fast..I have to confess, I was a bit suspicious about it at first.. Now that I have read the story I wish you could update every hour..I'm very hungry for more! And your mentions of slashiness doesn't help, as I can only imagine it will be as good as the rest..Sweet Merlin, you're a prodigy yourself, I never was swayed before by who knows what happened to Riddle in my mind, there wasn't many things that could redeem him. That well incident is very believable. I hope your dream wasn't that horrific. Personally, I don't have many nightmares, just some crocodiles eating me near the fence of my own household, dreams of war and falling off a are always the same, repeating

Your imagination and understanding of relationships fascinates me..You're a very good writer..!

I'm really curious as to what will happen next, and please update soon!
Fk306 chapter 18 . 8/4/2010
this is great I look forward to more
Memys chapter 18 . 8/4/2010
Great chapter! I want to see how Tom react when he meet Gellert.
NougatEvolution chapter 18 . 8/3/2010
Oh, sweet! The spell & the scene were both perfect.

As for Eileen's age, the book is referred to as "nearly", not "about" 50 years old, so from that the earliest she could have started Hogwarts would be 1942. Of course, Rowling being self-confessed as not a numbers person, the older interpretation is still very reasonable. I just had to wrap my brain around it.

By the way, I loved that scene with her - I thought it was very psychologically plausible, and I enjoyed imagining it from the non-Riddle point of view even as it was told through his eyes.

Mmm, so in this chapter, if gaining control of Harry's magic was Tom's most pleasurable memory, why didn't he use that to cast the Patronus?

Also, when Tom's guardian relates his story in multiple paragraphs of dialogue, it might help to use the convention of starting quotes at the start of each new paragraph:

"...

"...

"..."

Blah, right before I read this update, my mother (who I am visiting) told me that my father had told her something like "Does she hug you? She doesn't hug me. I think there's something wrong with her. Does she not like me?", the "she" being me, of course. Which I do, in fact, give hugs (I'm pretty much the only one to initiate them when it comes to my mother), but I'm kinda bad at it, and kissing my father goes way too far. Last time he visited I refused, so that's probably what he was talking about. My mother thinks that the whole issue is a funny thing to be worrying about, so it's interesting to see different people's standards of physical affection. I wonder where they come from - I was only rarely hugged as a child, so that makes sense, and I also probably developed lifelong depression/anxiety as a toddler, so that further makes sense, but I wish things had been different. My mother simply sees no need for physical affection, it seems. With your characters, obviously Harry and Tom's guardian see it as a good and natural thing, whereas Tom of course sees it as a scary and unnatural act of violating his identity as an intelligent individual (he thinks that someone wanting to hug him is objectifying him as a sexual object). I can find physical contact to be quite traumatizing, even when I have no aversion to it beforehand, in ways that seem invisible and incomprehensible to other people, so I quite sympathize with Tom. Physical contact can sometimes, unpredictably destroy/explode my trust and good opinion of someone. It's not even explicitly due to inappropriate sexual associations, although that is certainly part of it, a way that it gets interpreted and codifies itself in images that slide over my too-vulnerable consciousness.

Mostly hugs are simply the unpleasant thudding of another's clothed flesh against mine, but that's okay with me because I know and enjoy the messages they send and appreciate that someone would do that for me.
Reader chapter 18 . 8/3/2010
This story is coming along pretty nicely, ainnit?

I can feel the suspense rising. It's like a race. Tom Riddle is becoming progressively more human AND more powerful. But will Harry have the time to prevent him from becoming Voldemort before the takes all the knowledge he cans and turns it against him?

Harry is taking a risk. He will end up creating a stronger and improved (God forbid) version of Voldemort, or he will manage to prevent Voldemort from existing altogether.

Grindeldore is also very appreciated. I like the way you use it a comic relief.

Your typoes are annoying though.

But I love you nonetheless.

Go you.
Hierran chapter 18 . 8/3/2010
Wow you always have such beautiful ending to a chapter!
tttuuu chapter 18 . 8/3/2010
What a beautiful chapter! Mesmerizing!
farwalker chapter 18 . 8/3/2010
that's so sneaky.

He's teaching spells that require positive emotions - and then helping Tom feel those emotions...

A spell that requires you care about someone... Ingenuous
Barranca chapter 18 . 8/3/2010
I can see the strategy Harry employs - by teaching Tom such powerful light spells he forces his student to dig up the few decent feelings he has experienced and helps to amplify them. Tom probably does not even mind if he gets some powerful spells out of it.
pouf chapter 18 . 8/3/2010
Aww~ Tom's casting of that spell was very cute. The spell itself was a very nice idea.

I also liked how you handled the visit to Tom's adoptive father.

Once again: thanks for a wonderful chapter!
Barranca chapter 17 . 8/3/2010
Look out Harry, or you'll be seduced by a thirteen year old :D It's a horrible age for boys really, they test out their boundaries like there's no tomorrow and Riddle is homicidal besides.
Rubedo Jr chapter 17 . 8/3/2010
I feel rather put off that I've been less than timely with my reviews, and I do apologize for that.

I'm still marveled by your prose in the previous chapter, and carrying on to this one, I would describe it as beautiful. Tom's morbid spell, how you describe their expressions, Tom's assessment of how when Harry smiles, it makes him look radiant and handsome...you're laying down carefully wrought rails, and while we know what the final stop will be (or, do we?), I'm finding the journey to be every bit as exciting as the prospecting of reaching that final destination.

I enjoy Tom's point of view the most - and not just because I'm a shotacon (pardon my French), but because your Tom has such a twisted, skewed view on life that. With every interaction with Harry he has, we can watch things change within him, and that is a fascinating experience it itself. I think that you'll agree with me when I say that Tom Riddle has the most lines of any character to date - and that's not a bad thing.

You have taken a character, as you mentioned in your author's note, from what is largely bastardized into a cruel tyrant and turned him into a far more interesting sociopath. And it doesn't hurt that Harry brought up that accusation early on, too, helping to establish the young Riddle's mindset as more than just his future image. Harry is already a star, Dumbledore and Gellert need no introduction, but it is here that I will say I'm rooting for Tom, and I would be hard pressed to say to answer whether a win for Tom would include being saved or not. Thankfully, such matters are out of my hands.

And yes, I am aware that shotacon is not French, for you review-readers out there. You know who you are.

I earlier made a comment to you to be wary of your pacing, and it's quite sound advice, if I do say so myself, but it would be unfair for me to not mention how I watch my email like a hawk, scouring it for any signs of a new update. I've read a lot of good fiction, but keeping up with a story that draws you in is exhilarating - the tension caused by the constant anticipation, the relief upon seeing yet another chapter, the bittersweet feeling of completion as another chapter is read and the cycle starts again...it makes a person feel alive, feel as though a part of a greater organism, and I would dare to call the feeling intoxicating.

I remain vigilant in my assessment that you take your time, continuing to bring forth each chapter with your care and attentiveness. Take your time. Just hurry :)

Rubedo Jr.