Reviews for Wand Cores
Heart of a Slytherin chapter 20 . 8/9/2010
The fact that TOM/FUTURE VOLDEMORT has outright declared that he 'respects' Harry is shocking, but not unforseeable. He can't just go through this learning experience without somehow looking up to the green man.

Love this chapter. I'm not one of your fans who are queamish about the horror, I think it's rather interesting and... dare I say it, lovely. But the little bit of unnecessary fluff was a nice change, but, like I said, unnecessary.

I mean really, if they can't handle the darkness of this, why are they reading in the first place and then complaining? (Besides the fact that you are an amazing writer and all that.)

I can't wait to see the next chapter, which I see is already up!

Mu ha ha ha !
crazylove4MCR chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
great chapter, I loved the explanation of their patronus! update soon please!
TeiraanCHAN chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
I think all the chapters have been excellent, save a few minor spelling mistakes. I personally almost never review. I feel awkward, and repetitive reviewing every chapter. I'm a faithful reader. I'm just a silent one. That's all I have to say. I guess I could try and review more for you, seeing as I really enjoy this story. It's very creative considering how cliche the 'Time Travel' idea is. Keep writing! :)

Lots of 3

Taylor-Anne
Rubedo Jr chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
I'll admit my transition back into my academic studies has become more troublesome than I originally intended, so if I do not review immediately, please do not despair. I am yet able to follow each chapter as it progresses. Occasionally, I intentionally don't review, lest I run out of good things to say. I don't think you want that!

Still, I'd advise not getting too hung over few reviews compared to previous chapters - each review is to be treasured, accumulated, and thinking that fewer of them mean you did more poorly will only lead to you feeling disappointed rather than proud of your progress.

I'm enjoying how well you construct each of these chapters, how they slowly build upon each other, and how you portray the budding relationship between both characters. There's that tentative attraction that they (mostly Tom) are beginning to acknowledge, and how you described their twin cores previously! I did mention how clever I thought that was, haven't I? It was quite clever. I'm also enraptured, if I may use such an under-appreciated word, by the meaning their Patronus fusion holds for their relationship - it's almost like it's a physical symbol of their relationship with each other (I know, right?). Also quite clever.

And giving Trelawny that crowning moment of awesome? Makes me feel like I'm in high school again when I get to use a word like awesome. But it was a very solid plot point for Tom to uncover, which I think will form the backbone of any real romantic overtures Tom attempts to initiate.

The young Dumbledore musing, though...even I have to admit, I think you could have gone a little further. That little tease did, fortunately, show us more of your technique, and I'm pleased to see that you're as capable at any subject matter you put your mind to.

I can't wait.

Rubedo Jr.
farwalker chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Ice cream!

I think we're just looking at a bit of michief...

I like the symbolism of the joint patronis showing something of the sate of their relationship...
Twilight's Aura chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Amazing chapter! It's always a downer for me when authors describe a patronus' beauty and elegance, but its owner never interacts with it beyond necessary instructions. I mean, if the patronus is a representation of the caster, they should feel SOME attachment or fondness towards it. So, in conclusion, I LOVE YOU- I mean..I appreciate that your Harry and Tom understand its real meaning and power! Great research on it too! Never knew that about stags and snakes. Gotta say, this is my favorite chapter. :)

-Spooky
Fk306 chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
this is great I look forward to more
darkelfling chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Hi. Great chap. I liked it so much ;-)
Deadly2Enigma chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
It's a Cliffy...Nooooo! I love your writing,I must have more, please oh please oh please. love love love
endlessvamp chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Bonding moments. :D Nice chapter! Their Patronuses were quite surprising and in the end what form will their Patronus take... XD
NougatEvolution chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Stags eat crabs?

Are you saying that James/Mr. Crabbe/Mrs. Crabbe is CANON?

-many apologies, couldn't help it-

Mmm, as for reviews, was on the fritz recently, so I couldn't review chapter 19. Maybe that's what happened to some people with 20?

This chapter was really cute. I like how Harry's interpretation of the catoblepas as being a transitional Patronus form ties in with Tom's interpretation of the prophecy from last chapter.

Also, Harry's sudden ice cream impulse was brilliant.

Also, Tom using the words "cute little".

Thanks by the way for mentioning the sites you got bestiary content from. I might use those in the future. I figure there's gotta be a lot more creatures than are mentioned in the books, but I don't know a ton about mythology.

Hmm, the prophecy from last chapter seemed to be dealt with in *too much* of an expositiony way for my taste, but the content here was not, for whatever that's worth.
eytedrfghjiolhg528ddfxcde chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
interesting..
Barranca chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
It's natural that Harry experiences doubts. And it's useful to reevaluate one's position from time to time. Although in given case Riddle's actions hint at his desire to burrow under Harry's skin, maybe to control him by discovering what pleases him, it was still amusing to watch him trying to spot signs of approval in Harry's expression. The tone of their relationship is promising, to me.
NougatEvolution chapter 20 . 8/7/2010
Ohh, the last line was so Tom. I like seeing the minor characters.
Deadly2Enigma chapter 20 . 8/7/2010
I love how this isn't rushed at all. I love the slow transformation of Tom's character and the build up of a relationship between him and Harry. Your descriptions are horrifyingly graphic (I mean that as a compliment). I also like the focus you put on the main characters, only using the supporting characters as plot devices. Keep up the great work!
1,972 | « Prev Page 1 .. 110 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 130 .. Last Next »