Reviews for Wand Cores
NougatEvolution chapter 22 . 8/9/2010
Tom objecting to Harry's choice of ice cream based on their mock-symbolism was cute.

The age gap is quite squicky, but I'm successfully blocking it out.

All the handholding was fun/interesting.

The ending of this chapter was heart-warming.

Also, I love that type of verbal play. Except I was eating peppermint chocolate chip icecream made primarily of cabbage while I read this, and I'm not sure I could drag any coherent theory out of *that*. I can imagine trying and tripping over my own tongue, falling into poetic disgrace in front of my fellow improvisational folklorists...

I think a lot of the joking/fun comes from being a participant coming up with the nonsense, though, because I didn't laugh while reading it.
pouf chapter 22 . 8/9/2010
Bwahaha. You interrupted my re-watching of Rurouni Kenshin, but you're always a most delightful interruption, so I have to say that I don't mind at all.

Confusing Tom Riddle, Lesson 1: Do something unusual for no reason beyond that you felt like doing it impulsively. He will puzzle at whatever ulterior he is convinced you must have. Warning-this activity may keep him occupied for a while unless you tell him that there is no such meaning, at which point he will most likely not fully believe you but dedicate most of his thoughts to more current matters.

(Sorry, I just had to.)

And the boys' psychoanalysis of ice cream flavors sounds like those lovely discussions I get into when I'm half-dead from lack of sleep. Brings back cherished memories, that it does. I'm totally with Tom in that it's possibly one of the most amusing games in the world to start analyzing the possible symbolism of everyday stuff.

Likewise, the art of coming up with unbelievable garbage and making it sound like mystical facts and spiritual truths is the perfect ability to have for having fun _. Let it be said that I love your Tom.

*Dies of laughter* BEWARE OF THE CITRUS MAN! (Because Albus is going to get drunk on those lemon drops one day and destroy the world in a fit of magical pique).

And oh dear! Is Mr. Riddle flirting with an older man again? Tut, tut, young man.

Hmmm... for some reason, Harry in this chapter struck me as behaving in a somewhat Dumbledoreish manner (without the 'old coot' persona and the lemon drops, mind you). Well, okay, it's really one sentence (this: "I am fairy incompatible with myself. If you leave the two of us alone, it always ends up in tears.") that really gave me that impression, but once I had read it, Harry retrospectively seemed Dumbledoreish.

Then again, I /am/ half-asleep, so my judgment may very well be skewed.

The second part of the chapter was, of course, more serious... so my comments must change accordingly. I think it's great that Tom is, at least subconsciously, coming to trust and rely on Harry. What's more, the way their relationship is shifting that way /makes sense/ and is gradual (thankyouthankyouthankyou for being a logical author).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that Tom is shifting toward the "not wanting to be an evil mass murderer" option, but not wholly realizing it himself.

I'll admit that my immediate reaction to Harry calling Tom "absurdly beautiful" was very much like Tom's own. *Grin-chuckle-smirk* Yes, yes. Mind out of the gutter, I know it was a factual observation. Nevertheless, I do wonder what was going through Harry's head to make him choose that particular wording. It seems awfully romantic to be saying those words while holding someone's hand and pressing the scar on it.

And finally: YAY! Guardianship~
HGHPRW chapter 21 . 8/9/2010
Spellbinding. This is one of the best fics I've read in a very long time. I can't wait to read what happens next.
pouf chapter 21 . 8/9/2010
*Giggles* Now Harry has a Tom-thermometer in the form of their joint patronus!

I don't know why you got fewer reviews for the previous chapter. I liked it a lot ." I mean, sure, it wasn't the best chapter in the whole story (you know which chapters were beyond amazing), but it was very, very far from being poor. Oh well. Perhaps more people were briefly gone?

In any case, I find your idea for the combined patronus to be brilliant. Once again, you've come up with something completely original and appropriately symbolic. Brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT!

Bwahahaha, yes, Tom, try to pull the whole seduction technique on Harry and end up only succeeding in making yourself lust for him and him confused about what that look was supposed to be.

Hehe, I can't wait until the ice cream scene _ Tom's reaction to that suggestion was priceless.
pouf chapter 20 . 8/9/2010
I'm baaaack~~

As an apology for missing two chapter updates, I'll try to write extra-long reviews (and warn you again because Wednesday and Thursday I'll be on another mini-vacation... but I might be bringing my laptop for that one, so I don't know if I'll be able to immediately read and review if you post).

I think it's hilarious that Tom keeps trying to convince himself not to have a reverent attitude toward Harry, and not having very much success. On a more serious note, I'm glad that he's slowly coming to see Harry as his mentor and as a goal for his own future abilities.

I /love/ how you went about the prophecy business. Your divination professor is charming! LOL, "Prophecy that is yet to be made" and "Your case" - Tom is like (very reluctantly), "? wow...". I wish Harry had been there to hear that explanation, though. Mind you, he already knows what he has to do, and he knows that Tom knows this objective, so it wouldn't have been very useful, but still. ... I think I'm just having a reaction to poor Harry never being given information that he'd probably really want to know in the books. Ignore my wishful thinking.

As for Albus and Gellert... one inarticulate sound: "Awwwww!"

They are SO adorable. Especially Albus. "You are blushing" "Yes. How quaint, huh?" "Vat is 'qvaint'?" "Nevermind."

Seriously. Being that cute should be illegal.

Finally: bwahahahahaha! Go Tom (VS Walburga)! *Nod-nod* That's right, Tommy. Start defending Harry just a little bit, and slowly but surely that small commitment will lead you take baby steps toward more firmly 'being on Harry's side', and then you'll agree with 'the guy whose side you're on' more and more, and perhaps take on a few of his values, and slowly but surely you shall be CORRUPTED! (Well, not /really/ corrupted, but we get the point).

Your faithful reader,

pouf
Heart of a Slytherin chapter 20 . 8/9/2010
The fact that TOM/FUTURE VOLDEMORT has outright declared that he 'respects' Harry is shocking, but not unforseeable. He can't just go through this learning experience without somehow looking up to the green man.

Love this chapter. I'm not one of your fans who are queamish about the horror, I think it's rather interesting and... dare I say it, lovely. But the little bit of unnecessary fluff was a nice change, but, like I said, unnecessary.

I mean really, if they can't handle the darkness of this, why are they reading in the first place and then complaining? (Besides the fact that you are an amazing writer and all that.)

I can't wait to see the next chapter, which I see is already up!

Mu ha ha ha !
crazylove4MCR chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
great chapter, I loved the explanation of their patronus! update soon please!
TeiraanCHAN chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
I think all the chapters have been excellent, save a few minor spelling mistakes. I personally almost never review. I feel awkward, and repetitive reviewing every chapter. I'm a faithful reader. I'm just a silent one. That's all I have to say. I guess I could try and review more for you, seeing as I really enjoy this story. It's very creative considering how cliche the 'Time Travel' idea is. Keep writing! :)

Lots of 3

Taylor-Anne
Rubedo Jr chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
I'll admit my transition back into my academic studies has become more troublesome than I originally intended, so if I do not review immediately, please do not despair. I am yet able to follow each chapter as it progresses. Occasionally, I intentionally don't review, lest I run out of good things to say. I don't think you want that!

Still, I'd advise not getting too hung over few reviews compared to previous chapters - each review is to be treasured, accumulated, and thinking that fewer of them mean you did more poorly will only lead to you feeling disappointed rather than proud of your progress.

I'm enjoying how well you construct each of these chapters, how they slowly build upon each other, and how you portray the budding relationship between both characters. There's that tentative attraction that they (mostly Tom) are beginning to acknowledge, and how you described their twin cores previously! I did mention how clever I thought that was, haven't I? It was quite clever. I'm also enraptured, if I may use such an under-appreciated word, by the meaning their Patronus fusion holds for their relationship - it's almost like it's a physical symbol of their relationship with each other (I know, right?). Also quite clever.

And giving Trelawny that crowning moment of awesome? Makes me feel like I'm in high school again when I get to use a word like awesome. But it was a very solid plot point for Tom to uncover, which I think will form the backbone of any real romantic overtures Tom attempts to initiate.

The young Dumbledore musing, though...even I have to admit, I think you could have gone a little further. That little tease did, fortunately, show us more of your technique, and I'm pleased to see that you're as capable at any subject matter you put your mind to.

I can't wait.

Rubedo Jr.
farwalker chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Ice cream!

I think we're just looking at a bit of michief...

I like the symbolism of the joint patronis showing something of the sate of their relationship...
Twilight's Aura chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Amazing chapter! It's always a downer for me when authors describe a patronus' beauty and elegance, but its owner never interacts with it beyond necessary instructions. I mean, if the patronus is a representation of the caster, they should feel SOME attachment or fondness towards it. So, in conclusion, I LOVE YOU- I mean..I appreciate that your Harry and Tom understand its real meaning and power! Great research on it too! Never knew that about stags and snakes. Gotta say, this is my favorite chapter. :)

-Spooky
Fk306 chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
this is great I look forward to more
darkelfling chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Hi. Great chap. I liked it so much ;-)
Deadly2Enigma chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
It's a Cliffy...Nooooo! I love your writing,I must have more, please oh please oh please. love love love
endlessvamp chapter 21 . 8/8/2010
Bonding moments. :D Nice chapter! Their Patronuses were quite surprising and in the end what form will their Patronus take... XD
1,977 | « Prev Page 1 .. 110 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 130 .. Last Next »