Reviews for Wand Cores
Cynical0range chapter 10 . 1/6
I am so so so glad that I am not the only one who finds the over usage of noncon and monster dursleys as excuses for trauma induced insanity and "going Dark" as distasteful. Cannibalism is definitely a more unique and intriguing plot device. And the scene was sufficiently horrifying and traumatizing. I applaud your morbid genius. Btw, your Tom reminds me of Hannibal Lecter. Especially with this new alternate childhood you gave him.
Cynical0range chapter 7 . 1/6
The little narcissistic interlude at the beginning of the chapter made me lol. God, Tom is such an insufferably egotistical brat here.
Cynical0range chapter 4 . 1/6
I am actually very impressed that you are able to switch author voices so well. I can't believe I haven't come across this fic until now. This promises to be very interesting and Ivan so excited!
Cynical0range chapter 1 . 1/6
Is Tom's stepfather truly a pedophile or is it just his cynicism and disgust speaking? Btw, both Tom and Dumbledore come across as equally arrogant and narcissistic lol. Is dumbles gonna be a bad guy here?
SilverStarWaters chapter 49 . 1/5
Well I found this story about three days ago- it is true that the start is a little- sloppy?- but you had warned us so I kept reading, and I am glad I did. It has both the simple love plotline and at the same time to more complex plots going on and changing. I do like how you give a reason for Toms hatred for humanity, and how he is getting over it and still be effected by it at the same time. Gotta say, Nagini is awesome but I do wish she was about a bit more. And oh no! Tom is under Moldy control! Is 'Voldemort' going to stay around like Lovegood said but Tom sort of absorbing him? We've seen at this point that he is in Tom, kinda Quirell like, but since Tom is him, but stronger I can see that happening.
dada.zhoufova chapter 49 . 1/1
So I've started on this story, and let me say this is one of the best HP fanfictions I've ever dived into. I'm not usually especially fond of novel-ish, excruciatingly long fanfics, but this one is definitely able to keep the pace. I really love the build-up, although I'm only on chapter 19 or so. I decided to share my opinion and encourage you to finish this beauty! You are exquisite in adding that so important detail and research in a fanfic, I especially like you've added your own spells. I admire the fact that you've taken time to research for components that'd compliment JK Rowling's world. Only thing I found a little bit distracting is the amount of grammatical and stylistical errors, but that's such a minor detail a beta would fix it's basically not even worth mentioning. :) Oh god, please please please, don't abandon this just yet. This thing will only get read more in the future by newcomers and re-read by the fans. Like damn, if you finish this, I'll go and print it for myself and put it next to my Harry Potter collection. 3
the.ram.of.pride chapter 49 . 12/31/2014
I've followed this story as a lurker for well over a year, maybe around two years, and I never stopped loving it. Now that I have an account, it's only fair for me to share some of my appreciation and criticisms.

Your characterization of Tom Riddle is, as far as I'm concerned, as flawless as a fan could hope to write. Because of the nature of your story, you're able to go substantially deeper into the more disturbing aspects of his psychopathy and narcissism than Rowling was allowed, and it gives a lot of insight into the Lord Voldemort I (we?) know and love. The way you handle Riddle's life in the Muggle world is really refreshing. Fanfic writers usually fall into a trap you cleverly avoided: little raped Riddle becomes a spoopy criminal becuz he was hurt. It is, of course, so much deeper than that and thankfully you're really rational with the handling of this topic.

But, I must admit, a questionable ethic of this story is the sexualization of Tom, who is truly too young to be comfortably explored as a sexual being. All the same, I get it. He's so damn clever and ruthless that it's difficult to even see him as a 13/14-year-old.

In a way, I dislike the way you've written Harry because it feels like you've severed the tie between WandCores!Harry and Canon!Harry. However, as I read, I did learn to respect your interpretation of his character and accept that this is a plausible route he could have gone. The slash is unavoidably unrealistic, but hey! It's a great pairing.

I won't comment too much about the plot because, well, it's kind of overwhelming to discuss such a thing on an unfinished story. By now, you've probably realized that this fic has gone on for longer than what was necessary... Oh well. As long as it's entertaining, I won't complain.

To put an end to this lengthy review, let me just reiterate: I love this story. It has been quite some time since you last updated, but I'm sure you are busy and I hope that your life will permit you the leisure time to post another chapter soon.
readingaccount chapter 49 . 12/30/2014
Most brilliant story I have read on this site. I love your Harry and Tom. Amazing characters, plot, dialogue. You are incredibly gifted and I can't wait to read more of your writing.
BlueOrchid2 chapter 31 . 12/29/2014
ahahaha the first part of this chapter was so funny! Grindelwald especially XD
and the second part: INTENSE. loved it! 3
BlueOrchid2 chapter 29 . 12/29/2014
one of the best chapters so far! liked it a lot :)
BlueOrchid2 chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
LOVED their combined Patronus! and all the thought you put in the symbolism behind it! ;D well, actually I'm loving the whole story.. though I do need a dictionary at hand for the more abstruse words ahaha
WhiteLotusWarrior chapter 49 . 12/6/2014
I love this story!
I've read it over the last three days, and I must say that it is one of the most in-character, entertaining, and emotionally enthralling Harry Potter fanfictions I've read. The fact that you make the characters likeable and relatable yet not completely murder their canon personalities is very admirable and extremely tough to do, so you win a cookie there. I highly anticipate the finale of the story, and I congratulate you on the work thus far.
Keep on keeping on!
KKK3 chapter 49 . 12/4/2014
.GOD!
I can't believe I haven't read this story before, bt I'm certainly very, very glad that I did, although the end of the last chapter will have me in a bad mood for days, possibly even longer. I really love this story, and your writing style! The details and exemplary work you have put into the magical theory in the HP universe, not to mention your incredibly spot on character descriptions combined with an amazing and actually realistic plotline makes this one of the best HP fics I've ever read!

I was a little hesitant during the first chapters, not only because of Toms awkward language, but also because your writing overall was perhaps a little stiff and awkward in the first chapters at times, I really don't know how to better describe it. I'm really glad that I contined reading though, because this story is frankly amazing and I can honestly say that I can see how much your writing and language skills have improved during the writing of this fic. You've clearly come a long way as an Author, and I have no doubt that you'll continue to amaze your loving audience with more delightfull plottwists and Harry/Tom interaction!

That being said, and also adding that i'm almost dying to se how the final plotline will evolve (I NEED a happy ending - and Lovegoods comment that Voldemort will never actually die could mean that the Voldemort part of Tom will always be there inside of him to keep in check right? - and I feel really sorry for poor Tom and Harry, and they better get a happy ending or I'll simply die!), but I really get that updates can be rare, and I really hope that you'll be alright.
I get that RL always comes first, even though we all sometimes wish that we could sometimes just sink into our stories and fairytales and never come back out. :)

Best of luck, and crossing all of my fingers and toes that we'll get an update soon! :D
Avy-Snape chapter 49 . 12/1/2014
After wonderful hours joyfully reading this awesome piece of fiction and bathing in the great depicting of Tom's, Harry's and even Albus' character developement, and until now not having a problem with any of your cliffhangers (but I guess that doesn't count, as I read the whole fic in one go) you torture me like THIS? Evil, wonderful fiend! This tension and dread and feeling of betrayal at the end of the chapter makes shivers run down my spine. I love how you can capture their feelings like that and keep them acting and feeling logically without exaggerating.

I hope you are doing okay in RL with all that you've been through and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Happy Advent season!
MiranDuranDa chapter 29 . 11/30/2014
Riddle's First Hug! So cute!
1,886 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »