Reviews for Wand Cores
Nocens chapter 49 . 2/14
Hello,
I've been re-reading as much I like yourself I had some difficulties giving my fanfiction hobby as much time as I once did and I still can only say - you are a very brilliant writer.
I love when I need a dictionary now and then, while reading. I hope you still have the creative juices to finish this phantasmagorical tale and don't leave us readers wondering much longer. I am sure you are aware of the evilness of cliffhangers.
If you won't mind - drop me a line to tell me if you're still working? I'd love to know and if I can help in any way just say so.

Cheers,
Lap aka Nocens
Random Lolz 74128 chapter 1 . 2/6
sounds intriguing. Cant wait to read
Melissamun chapter 49 . 2/2
Ahhhh need to know what happens next .
lulue79 chapter 17 . 1/30
Hello!
I really love your fic! You imagined such great theories that I think it may replace what J.K. Rowling said about Harry's surviving to the Killin Curse. I trully like everything in your fic : the relationships are credible, and the slowbuild is enjoyable. The only thing I might not like is that there will be slah between a 13 years old child and a 22 years old guy. But I am going to trust you on this one to make it feel real. Well, I can't say that I am not wondering how you will do to not make Harry look like a pedophile.
Thank you for writting!
MattKennedy chapter 10 . 1/22
Damn, but that was a truly gruesome trauma.
MattKennedy chapter 8 . 1/22
Albus' musing were just the best! And I love that he stole someone's tea. :D
MattKennedy chapter 1 . 1/22
Dang, but Tom is a dark depressing little shithead. 0_0
ManaketeSmoocher chapter 49 . 1/20
I read this all in one go and it's so weird not being able to go to the next chapter ;o;
I've never read any other HP/TM fics, and I'm not too fond of the pairing in general, but you have it written out so well that it just seems right and natural!
I completely understand that you have a life that doesn't involve writing this fic, but I do wonder if you're ever going to update again. It's been over a year, after all, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to pick it up again.
You said several times you would finish this, will you?
Trance20666 chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
A great chapter and interesting idea.
I am a little concerned about how Tom and his step fathers relationship seems. Does it sound like he's being abused or I'm I thinking too much?
Akiros chapter 49 . 10/26/2015
After reading all your ANs dictating the importance of leaving reviews for authors, I have decided to leave you one, though I tend not to.

This story is masterfully written, and the language superbly complex (though sometimes spelled wrong. You might perhaps consider reading through for minor spelling errors? Or find a beta?). I fully enjoyed wading through the narrative, though I must admit that it is an acquired taste; it took me three tries to actually begin reading this. It was delightfully fun to learn the new and rather esoteric words.

Grindelwald's accent threw me off the first time I read it (I didn't know that ja was pronounced ya until reading this, so thank you for the edification), but after a while, it was fun to puzzle out the way he spoke (and helpful; when reading stories with just normal writing, I tend to imagine him with an English accent despite knowing he's German).

Also, I'm sorry for not posting this comment on the chapter I'm critiquing, but on chapter 47, I think it was, when they're visiting Rome? On the tombstone, you write, "Requiescat in Pace." Assuming you mean this as a translation of "Rest in Peace," it should be "Requiesce in Pace," I believe (my knowledge is reinforced by my schooling in Latin, though I still might be mistaken), since 'rest' is imperative. Your current version would translate to "He(/she/it) rests in peace." Similar, but not quite the same. It's not a huge thing, but it bothered me when I read it (as I am typically quite the perfectionist). I apologize if that was done purposefully.

I look forward to whatever new obstacle enters Harry and Tom's relationship, though I believe you mentioned that this will be ending soon?

Anyway, since this is getting rather long, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this story, and that it's really hard to find pieces written as well as this one (TMR/HP is almost my OTP, and I'm also a fan of horror, so really, it's pretty much as awesome as it can get).

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and hope you update soon.

Happy writing. :3
Schwammal chapter 49 . 10/16/2015
Well, what a lovely cliffhanger.

But before I start whining and begging for chapter 50: this was a delightful read. I have no idea how I found this story, since I haven't been exploring the HP fandom for years now and have never actually read this particular pairing... The internet must have smiled upon me.
In any case, I just spent a very entertaining week nearly nonstop-reading your story; authors notes included (which is rare).
It went like this: Oh, there's a 20min pause before I can get to the next customer? Should I be spending the time getting ahead with work so I won't have to do it at home? Nahhhh - better take out my phone and stare at tiny little letters.
So even though my eyes and work had to suffer I have to thank you for writing!

First of all I love how you decided to take it slow. The reactions of all people involved seemed to be canon compatible (and awesome).
The changes you made to canon itself very nearly put me off of reading it (damn my purist self) but after the first chapter I was officially reformed.
The character development felt very realistic to me and I'm impressed how you were able to give each and every one of your POVs a unique voice which is something I always struggle with.
To my eternal shame I'm more of a lurker than a reviewer and can't offer much along the lines of constructive criticism but while I'm sure you've read a bunch of these type of gushing reviews a hundred times over already, I don't think it ever gets old. :D

I wish you all the best, hope you're doing allright and are not living somewhere as Eugene the handsome sailor. (except maybe if you conciously decided that being Eugine made you happy and proceeded to be a handsome sailor. If that's the case: huzzzaahh!)

Now for the begging part: Please, please, pleaseeeee! I need to know that happens next! omg
Superpotterwholockiscool chapter 49 . 10/10/2015
Okay. So.

I've read all of the 49 chapters of this story you've posted in one shot. I think it took me a week. I'm sorry this is the only review I've posted, but usually any questions I had were answered by the next chapters or by someone else's review.

First of all, I have to say your story is one of the few which is as good as it is realistic. I was amazed. The first few TomPoV-chapters were weird, but I'm happy I have the stop-after-5-horrible-chapters policy. It got so much better. But like, so MUCH better.

I really like _. Insert basically anything and everything about your story. You're awesome and your writings too. Wow. Just wow.
And English is your third language? Bloody Hell in a handbasket!

I'm really sorry for all the hardships you're facing. I wish people as interesting as you didn't have to suffer in any way.
It's been a while since you've given sign of life - are you okay? And your mom?

I'll definitely keep track of Wand Cores. I'll have to look up your other stories some time. You have a very interesting mind.
Guest chapter 49 . 10/5/2015
Oooh what a place to stop Eugene the handsome sailor. I shall have to follow this once I log on.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/2/2015
Oooh dear. The kid tried to eat Tom out of desperation didn't he...
1,948 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »