Reviews for Wand Cores
WhiteLotusWarrior chapter 49 . 12/6/2014
I love this story!
I've read it over the last three days, and I must say that it is one of the most in-character, entertaining, and emotionally enthralling Harry Potter fanfictions I've read. The fact that you make the characters likeable and relatable yet not completely murder their canon personalities is very admirable and extremely tough to do, so you win a cookie there. I highly anticipate the finale of the story, and I congratulate you on the work thus far.
Keep on keeping on!
KKK3 chapter 49 . 12/4/2014
.GOD!
I can't believe I haven't read this story before, bt I'm certainly very, very glad that I did, although the end of the last chapter will have me in a bad mood for days, possibly even longer. I really love this story, and your writing style! The details and exemplary work you have put into the magical theory in the HP universe, not to mention your incredibly spot on character descriptions combined with an amazing and actually realistic plotline makes this one of the best HP fics I've ever read!

I was a little hesitant during the first chapters, not only because of Toms awkward language, but also because your writing overall was perhaps a little stiff and awkward in the first chapters at times, I really don't know how to better describe it. I'm really glad that I contined reading though, because this story is frankly amazing and I can honestly say that I can see how much your writing and language skills have improved during the writing of this fic. You've clearly come a long way as an Author, and I have no doubt that you'll continue to amaze your loving audience with more delightfull plottwists and Harry/Tom interaction!

That being said, and also adding that i'm almost dying to se how the final plotline will evolve (I NEED a happy ending - and Lovegoods comment that Voldemort will never actually die could mean that the Voldemort part of Tom will always be there inside of him to keep in check right? - and I feel really sorry for poor Tom and Harry, and they better get a happy ending or I'll simply die!), but I really get that updates can be rare, and I really hope that you'll be alright.
I get that RL always comes first, even though we all sometimes wish that we could sometimes just sink into our stories and fairytales and never come back out. :)

Best of luck, and crossing all of my fingers and toes that we'll get an update soon! :D
Avy-Snape chapter 49 . 12/1/2014
After wonderful hours joyfully reading this awesome piece of fiction and bathing in the great depicting of Tom's, Harry's and even Albus' character developement, and until now not having a problem with any of your cliffhangers (but I guess that doesn't count, as I read the whole fic in one go) you torture me like THIS? Evil, wonderful fiend! This tension and dread and feeling of betrayal at the end of the chapter makes shivers run down my spine. I love how you can capture their feelings like that and keep them acting and feeling logically without exaggerating.

I hope you are doing okay in RL with all that you've been through and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Happy Advent season!
MiranDuranDa chapter 29 . 11/30/2014
Riddle's First Hug! So cute!
MiranDuranDa chapter 16 . 11/29/2014
Finally an explanation for Harry's survival that makes sense!
Dimensional Roamer chapter 33 . 11/29/2014
Awww, Tom's nicknames for albus are getting less vindictive :)
Dimensional Roamer chapter 31 . 11/29/2014
The last line is hilarious :) DR
Dimensional Roamer chapter 25 . 11/29/2014
that ending was hilarious and cute :) DR
Dimensional Roamer chapter 24 . 11/29/2014
Awwww, dumbles is so adorkable :')
Dimensional Roamer chapter 7 . 11/29/2014
D'awwwwww :') that's so cute! The grindeldore at the end, with albus rereading the letter and smiling. I can totally relate to that when someone I love sends me something cute. I think this is one of the first stories where I actually like albus. DR
TamiLove chapter 49 . 11/28/2014
Oh
Ehm
Gyee!
Okay, I just want to start off telling you that I absolutely adore this story and the way Tom and Harry are written. I understood from your old A/N's that you were intent on this being a story of actual plot and character growth (perish the thought) but it's really mystifying to watch everything slowly progress into this amazing series of events. I started this story at seven this morning and have only left the computer long enough to grab more snacks/drinks or pee. It's been a very very exciting ride. Harry, is absolutely adorable. And even though I was fairly annoyed with his constant blaming of Tom for Voldemort's bullshit, I could admit it was a very Harry-like thing to do. I also find his internal synopsis' of the other mc's hilarious. "Tom, you devious, suductive little shit.. Albus, you conniving lovable goat-screwing bastard, you..." (okay, he didn't say that one but you get what I meant, lol!) Tom, oh gods, I don't think my heart's ever gone out to a Tom more than your Tom. You said in a previous AN, that writers tend to overuse the sexual side of abuse and I definately agree. And it doesn't always have to be long courses of unchanging abuse either (like how authors usually write Harry and the Dursley's) It's amazing how quickly people can forget one little incident (or in Tom's case, one completely and utterly horific incident) can change someone's life forever. Hell, I remember droping a brick on my big toe when I was five. That shit was tramatic as hell to me so I can definatly understand Tom's complete spazzout. His hurt and conflicting emotions regarding how he actually begins to care about Harry, absolutely tore my heart out and the Dad's chapter, I was buzzing with trepidation. Your writing style is just so smooth to me, even with the changing pov's. You're a great conveyer of feeling and emotion. Which is awesome because, well this story is practically all feelings and emotions with a rather large dose of Grindledore.. haha! Speaking of which, I don't think I've ever had such conflicted feelings about a pairing in all my days of shipping. I get it, Grindledore is canon and Rowling's a genius blahblahblah... I think that's the problem if I'm completely honest with myself. Don't get me wrong, I think your Albus and Gellert are hella adorable together and their banter is cute as all outdoors as well as their little quirks (Gellert and his evil little smirks when he knows something he shouldn't, Albus with his random bouts of unneeeded facts- the tree scene with Albus': "I'll have a phoenix one day. I'll name him Fawkes.." comes to mind. and oh sweet lord, all the sweets that man has consumed...) It's adorably cute and hilarious and god help that German if he breaks Albus' heart again I'll (mentally) make him wish he'd run off with Hitler in the sunset- but I can't see it as a ship I'd actively ship, if it's not you writing it. I'd actually been actively avoiding it with all I have until your story came along, sooo you've at least given it a chance in my eyes, because even with the looming Grindledore I couldn't have stopped reading this if I tried. Even though I didn't really try at all to stop. Read it all in one go, I did. And laughed at every Authors Note where you seemed to inadvertently congradulate me for going it all in one sitting! haha! I feel like readers really get to know their author's through their A/Ns and I really enjoyed meeting you, if that makes any sense. When I read about your mum, I just wished I could hug you like you said you'd hug that one reviewer who (like Tom) wasn't so keen on open displays of affection. So *ties you down and hugs you until your face turns red from lack of oxygen *. I know it doesn't change anything or make it easier but we do care out here even if we never get the chance to see your face, or know your favorite color, or your chosen spaghetti sauce (are you on the lines of the age old Prego vs Ragu war or are you an independant, stirrer?) we do want to know what's going on with you and give you virtual hugs and such things. Just think, a lot of these people have "known" you since 2010. I only met you today and my heart goes out to you!
So, in all I just wanted to review and say how much I looooooooooooove your story and I can't wait to read more and I'm probably gonna cry when it ends and Walgburta calling that girl a "Muddy excuse of a wizarding being with as much genetic quality as a dead turtle.." was so freaking hilarious I had to write to down on a notepad and I had to look up what straciatella was but now I'm smarter cause of you! Haha! So thank you for writing and continuing to write this amazing story. No matter how long it takes, I'll definatly be waiting! XOXO!
Oddment101 chapter 8 . 11/28/2014
Gah! Now I will forever have the torture of a Voldemort-puppy in my head! :0

Really good story though I do think that it could use a bit more of the secondary characters you mentioned. There is way to much happening in a scene with just the four of them, I think it would be easier to take in with a bit of extra characters or just normal people doing ordinary things.

Fantastic story so far,

Oddment101
EterNite chapter 49 . 11/24/2014
Just read this in one go! It is a wonderful piece of work. I love how the POV manages to capture each character's personality without getting too caught up in their internal musings. Looking forward to reading more from you soon.
shookenuppepsi chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
I don't usually review in the middle of stories, but I just wanted to leave a comment here because I don't want to forget it. I absolutely love love LOVE how Harry helps Dumbledore. It's so fresh, so original, and yet so sensible that I could easily see this in canon. You didn't make Albus a flat character, either as a manipulating bad guy or as a twinkly eyed mystery, but brought his loving nature to life with how he thinks of Gellert. And that Harry knows his mentor well enough, knows how the story plays out in his time line, that he can help his mentor in such a simple but meaningful way... I don't have words for how happy, how thankful, this makes me for your writing.
Apathetic Lambchoppi chapter 7 . 11/8/2014
I know that you've already finished this story, but I had to review after reading that letter from Gellert. I constantly feel as if Rowling struck an story-plot gold mine when she briefly mentioned their past, but she never managed to get in more detail. And oh how I've wished to read about them! Albus is one of my favorite characters as well as Snape and Voldemort. Each of them is just so complex and neither good nor evil in my opinion. And I think that shows how people truly are. We're all just people. Just trying to do what we think is right. Anyways, I just want you to know how amazing this story is so far and that I love all your characters. :) Expect another review from me soon, for I can tell I won't be able to resist.
1,890 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »