Reviews for The Stakeout
JaniceS chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Going through some old stories, found this, and it is a gem. Love the way Callen completes Sam's thoughts "... any minute now he will start to - 'Maybe we should ask Paul for advice.'" Absolutely hilarious and in perfect character. Thank you for the read; I would love to see more of your NCIS LA stories. Thank you for sharing.
Yabbit chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
heh

:P
Konri Kari chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
This was good.
Nikabo82 chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
short but a good one :-) Liked the banter between G and Sam
vahanian chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
good story, i really liked it. the relationship between callen and sam was done perfectly. well done.
RedRose99 chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Loved it :)

You've captured the relationship between Sam and G so well and the ending was just perfect!

Can't wait to read more from you
Silent Sage chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
That was too adorable! And I'm totally craving donuts now! haha
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Aha! I can return the favour :)

I am a fan of 'NCIS:LA' as well (obviously) and I must applaud the way you captured both Sam and Callen's voices perfectly. I chuckled more than once at poor Sam stuck in a car with a bored G, this in particular was a favourite line (one of many);

Sam turned away, refusing to give G any eye contact of encouragement.

The explosion was written very well, as was the aftermath with Sam so worried and G determindly continuing his quiz! The scene at the hospital I particularly liked, especially how Sam finally answered the question. You showed their bond really well without ever making it OTT or taking them out of character.

I really did enjoy that.
Castielle chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
And yet another one for the win :)

I wondered why this one seemed familiar, but then I realised I'd read it a few days ago and forgot to leave a review *Doh!*

You really have the whole Sam/G relationship down perfect, epic congratulations!

Keep up the awesome work!
Pam11 chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Great story, loved the interaction between them. Looking forward to reading more of your stories.
Thesaurusgirl chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
This was absolutely perfect! You have got Sam and G right on target! Loved the exchanges between the two. I could almost feel G's delight in needling Sam and Sam ready to strangle G with his bare hands! So funny. Then the concern when G was the ending job!
marchforward chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Good so far! Love the dialog, will there be more chapters?
LostForeverInHisEyes chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Aww! Glad I inspired you. Glad to see you back. Well done on your second story.

NotARedhead has some great points, as always.

Keep going, especially if you are having fun. ;-)

Maybe you'll find that inspiration for more than a one-shot, which you could make this if you wanted. Just keep writing, you never know what you might find your fingers typing!

Ideas have to come from somewhere! Looking forward to the next one.
NotARedhead chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Is this a one-shot? It's not clear if it's complete or if there's more to come. I think it works well as a one-shot - it has a beginning / middle / end. You get the whole story. But you could easily add to it too.

It's good ... an interesting little read. You seem to be trying just a little TOO hard to inject humor into every exchange between G and Sam. They kind of come off as a comedy team. I realize they are a lot of the time, but you have to be careful to balance it out. The humor works on the show because it's balanced against the serious. Too many jokes and you lose the other side.

Well done! Although I don't necessarily believe that "fiction doesn't have to equal story." But I'll take that up with LostForeverInHisEyes! :)