Reviews for Yraelia
Token Cylon chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Very good story!
Sanaryelle chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Very cute story! The assignment, in-text corrections, and comments were a nice touch. Because it's from Megarra's more knowledgeable POV I had to do a bit of detective work to figure out the relations, but enjoyed it. Love that Lirael and Nick name their son Edward - 'Abhorsen Edward' sounds so incongrous; it's great.

My one quibble - and it's only a tiny little quibble - is that Ms. Pendall compliments Megarra's spelling and grammar as pristine, and only corrects one mistake (missing forrest, to, etc.) But that's just the grammar nazi in me coming out.

I hate to end on a negative note, so let me just say that I loved, loved, LOVED the little bit that you worked in with Mogget. It is implied in 'Across the Wall' that Sam built Mogget a fishing hut in the Ratterlin Delta (actually, it doesn't mention Mogget, but the reader can fill in the blanks), so if you just moved Yraelia to the Ratterlin Delta it would be absolutely perfect. The little legend that has been built up around Mogget, which mirrors so well folklore legends of brownies who clean the house, and the sightings of the strange white cat - it's all done so well. Love it.
Irako of the Desert chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
This was so cute! Nice job with the report. It really felt like a child had written it, and not some illiterate person that mixes up proper English and txt talk.
JuzSomeone chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
haha, cute story :D
raisin56 chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
I don't understand this part: "I don't know why Papa even knows it exists, but he was the one who suggested it for my report, so I guess he does." What? I don't get it. Is the town supposed to be a secret? If it's supposed to be obscure, in terms of Ancelstierre that may be so, but land in a highly defensible town with no attacks by the Dead would be hot property in the Old Kingdom, no? That's my only gripe though. I quite liked it actually. I really like the idea of a new town for the refugees named after Yrael.
Shiner Shining Bright chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
I didn't really like it. First of all, the little prompt and the letter back were unnecessary. Second, when you referred to the characters by their titles, there was no real need to italicize and bold the titles. All you have to do is capitalize them. Thank you. D

The Tenth Bright Shiner
madsenberg chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
First to review, why? The story deserves more. I really liked the hand-in look, with the tasks, the answers, and the teachers comments. Woodshop :) Good story, with little twists of humor here and there, everywhere! (rhymes) Im thinking, who is Megarras mother? Good family, I had trouble finding out the relations, but it sorted out. I wonder, could you review my stories? (2) they are also old kingdom stories. just search madsenberg. thanks. Keep writing.

Mads