Reviews for Of Kith and Kin
richinlaughter chapter 2 . 7/25/2010
This story is such a mystery! I can't wait to read more.
thewasofshall chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I love fics like these - where the reader is thrown into a situation and has to find their way back out, not really knowing the whole story.
AccioBourbon chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Ok, a few things really struck me in this first chapter: holy cow, they really love Bella. I mean, they all REALLY love her: Esme, and Rosalie- Rosalie!- and Emmett, and Jacob.

There is something about very pregnant women that makes people protective, though. Still, this chapter reeks of history, the history between Bella and this family, Bella and Jacob, Bella and Edward.

And just to state the obvious, I want to know what's wrong with Alice, and why Bella remembers Rosalie in the same context.

I love your details, you descriptions:

"He wears a black leather jacket covering a gray, waffle-weave thermal. His dark jeans are almost too long and the cuff is frayed, but not torn. His hair is wild, as always, but the damp is making it heavy, and a piece of it flops down over one eye. A hot breath of air pushes it up and out of the way, but it falls right back down again."

Love.

And this, how it moves from a real apple, to a girl as piece of ripening fruit: "... an apple in the palm of his hand. Lauren Mallory begins her descent from my left, all long legs and long hair, skinny t-shirt emphasizing her breasts, which are bouncing with her steps. There's a trail of sweet-tart scent in her wake, chemical fruit. Does she want them to bite her?" So smart, so good.

"We were a constellation, revolving around her." This is a fairly recent memory for me, and so on target in its accuracy, it stopped my eyes in their tracks.

I'm always one to reserve my judgment about Edward and his behavior. There is usually lots to learn about a character, and I'm really looking forward to learning more about him, and what happened, and why Bella is still so clearly affected by him.

Yay! I love you, sweet thing. :)
lonesometown chapter 2 . 7/24/2010
good god-i'm so excited for this!

the set-up is doused in all kinds of mystery-and the writing is, as ever, immaculate.
AccioBourbon chapter 2 . 7/24/2010
I still need to go back and review ch. 1, but if I don't say something right this second about this sentence, I will combust:

"She would abandon herself to him, make a house of herself for his shelter, make a meal of herself for his hunger."

Gah.

Me Padawan. You Master.
kellabella09 chapter 2 . 7/24/2010
more, more, more please! gosh what a cliffie at the end there... my poor heart..lol im lovin this story already and its only 2chap. in.. well when a story is well written like this, its easy to fall in love with it... can't wait for more! Kelly :~)
bemily chapter 2 . 7/24/2010
You leave me breathless. I want more. I loved that even though she was nervous she picked up on his anxiety. I am dying to know how far this went and for how long and what could have turned it all so wrong. And, of course, the baby daddy and what happens now.
DeenieMarie86 chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
Yep, you've reeled me in, hook, line and sinker.

Beautifully written :)

And now I have more questions than I did before. LOL!
anais mark chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
I love the setting: "some other lifetime ago." Haven't we all been there?

And she turned around!

AM
Alby Mangroves chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
I'm torn as to who the protagonists mighe be here, I don't think the answer is black and white! I'll reserve judgment for now. It's wise to set aside preconceived ideas about well-known character traits when faced with details such as 'pink house', their apparent age difference, 'signature slanted smile' but 'tanned and beautiful' as well! Love your work, and I like a shorter chapter too, I must say.
Raewright chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
Is every chapter going to twist me in knots?
miaokuancha chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
Well, shit. She is doomed. But I guess I knew that from the first chapter.

*meep*
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I'm so scared to read this but I will try. I am a PUSSY about sorrow.

Your prose is exquisite. Bowls me over again and again. And then there is all the heartache that has been hinted at but not explained yet, like tips of an iceberg waiting to crash into the ship of my heart. God help me.

Takes deep breath and dives into next chapter.
spanglemaker9 chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
So what happened? He was so eager and she accepted him. And now she's pregnant and he hates her. Wha? I'm going to be one of those reviewers that just whines for more. UPDATE SOON!
foreverandnevr chapter 2 . 7/23/2010