Reviews for The Calm Before the Calm
ceeray3 chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Wow. That was an amazing story. You have such a beautifully poetic tone to your writing. Absolutely amazing. I'm so glad it was suggested as a good read!
idkwtm chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Despite the imagery stumbling in a few places, there are so many subtle layers to this piece. This story transcends anything I would label as smut. This is true romance. "her mind and heart were suddenly aligned" is beautiful.
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
"And somehow because it was Booth, it was okay to be that for him … to weather the storm of him, with him."

That one sentence made me think-it was so significant and said so very much.

Your imagery of the calm and the storm and the timing of both throughout this story was mindbogglingly perfect.

Adored the fact that they both focused on Parker during the aftermath of the explosion and that they finally fell together as they'd been intended. You write a couple's deep connection so very well. This short story is no exception.

You never cease to amaze me, Apes. You're just overwhelmingly gifted.
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Hi there,

Read this late last night but decided that I would be all the better off for reading it a second time in the cool light of day before I reviewed...Very well written...I really enjoyed it...These two practically combust together...

Looking forward to more from you...

Ger
Wamzwrites chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Again, LOVE this Apes... you're amazing... this is AMAZING.

You're wonderful :)

(and I still think those quotes are for me) LOL. And the back thing. LOL. Especially since my back is bothering me horribly today.

xoi
Skole chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
This piece came recommended to me. I am very glad that I had time to read this today. Even after the steam generated by the smut dissapated, I still found myself impressed by the technical and creative aspects of the story that delivered it. The one-shot was well-balanced, descriptively delicious, emotionally evocative, with crisp characterisation and peppery pudendal notes...just like a fine wine. I find myself tipsy, and pleasantly warm in response...(I'll leave the rest of my metaphor to your imagination!)

You infuse the sentiments and interactions of the characters within the narrative flow so effortlessly, that in anguish, I just want to react by deleting every word that I've ever posted on this site & return to my alma mater as a technical writer...because you make it look so damned good.
Gemlily5 chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Pure the way you described just how much they love eachother.I will be waiting for more stories from you.
legggate chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Wonderful. I loved the image of the calm before the calm. The imagery that it evokes is just superb. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to reading more of your stuff.