Reviews for The Pimperneled Infirmary
LadyInRed chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
When will you finisch the story? Im sooooo curios, about how it will end.
WolfDaughter chapter 7 . 12/30/2013
You know, it's kind of funny, but when I read the first chapter I thought a House/Pimpernel crossover was EXACTLY what you were doing. I realized quickly enough that wasn't the case, but it was still my first thought. I have to admit I am rather intrigued by the concept and would like to see the face off between House and Sir Percy. Think you could be talked into continuing? Pretty please?
Smilindolfin chapter 7 . 8/5/2011
I read this story a few weeks back, just after I became an official fan of The Scarlet Pimpernel. I really loved it, but when I saw you hadn't updated for almost a year I had very little hope that you'd continue.

So, you can imagine that seeing a new chapter after so long has rather made my day! Please continue!

~Dolfin
LiteraryMuffin chapter 7 . 8/3/2011
I remember reading this story a while ago, so imagine my surprise when I see you've updated! Your fic has been a joy to read so far. Percy is delightfully in character despite his unusual situation and your OCs are pleasant as well (quite a feat indeed!). I'll admit that when I first read the name "Dr. Cameron" I thought this was a House crossover- which is a brilliant idea by the way. I do wish this chapter had been longer but I'll take what I can get. The Scarlet Pimpernel section is understandably slow since it's a classic book so fics like this are true gems! Keep up the good work!
Clio1792 chapter 7 . 8/2/2011
A good transition to a crossover piece!

Looking forward to it!

Let the games begin!

Clio

P.S. I wonder what Gregory House would think of Marguerite...for that matter, I wonder what Percy would think of House's lamentable personal life...or professional demeanor...
Roronoa Emi chapter 6 . 10/3/2010
This was quite wonderful to read. It had me laughing uproariously. Very interesting too. Can't wait to see what happens to poor Sir Percy next.
Baroness Emma chapter 6 . 8/30/2010
Aw. . . poor Percy. This reminds me of when my father was in the hospital once, and he said "The first thing you realize when you are sick is that your life becomes ruled by innumerable tiny women." He made all the nurses laugh with that one, since every single one of them at the hospital he was at was under 5 feet tall. . . (_)

Oh, and you made me LOL with - "smashing Chauvelin's face with a pie".

Poor Percy! He's gonna get better, right?
Clio1792 chapter 6 . 8/20/2010
Ah...like the painting in the "coin pouch" (a good touch!)-and the interchange between Percy's thoughts about the incompetent Suzy and her relentless chatter were delightfully comic.

So Percy had a heart attack, eh? The details you provide of how he was discovered are intriguing, and Terri's ghost of memory keep the reader curious, as well...how on earth did Percy get to Boston? And how will he get home?

I await your next chapter with eager anticipation,

Baroness Emma chapter 5 . 8/8/2010
YAY! You're going back and forth between the time-universes! A great choice, in my opinion.

Chauvelin is characterized well here, and Margot is done simply but sweetly and prettily - very good!

You might consider line breaks between the shifts in POV - it would make the scenes flow a bit better.

At any rate this is a very nice fic! Keep it up!

Salutations,

Baroness Orc
Baroness Emma chapter 4 . 8/8/2010
Ooooooo! Exciting! Quite nice for a "deeper" chapter - getting into Percy's mind is always a bit of a challenge, and you've done it rather well, I do believe.

Is Chauvelin going to make an appearance in this fic then? Personally, I think that would be neat!
Baroness Emma chapter 3 . 8/8/2010
Awww. . . poor guy, so confused and in pain.

But again, quite funny chapter. *claps*
Baroness Emma chapter 2 . 8/8/2010
"The Boston Hospital" The doctor lulled over the information given to him and made a self-reminder to find Dr. Wade to give Sir Percy's CT another long look... and... find the therapist. "So... Your name is Percy Blakeney."

"*Sir* Percy Blakeney, Baronet"

AHAHAHAAAA!

Poor Percy. And poor doctors trying to help him. "First contact" and sorting out all kinds of misunderstandings is quite often the hardest part of any diplomatic mission. But as you've shown, it can also be rather funny.

And Percy realizing that he was surrounded by Americans! *snerk* Loved it.
Baroness Emma chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Uh-oh Percy! You'd better watch out!

EEP! (_)

That was an interesting start - what's going on?

I noticed a few grammar errors as I read - nothing too bad, just details, but in a short-short chapter like this, even the tiny details matter.

Still, that was a great "hook". . .

On to read more!
Clio1792 chapter 5 . 8/6/2010
This chapter has some great, solid moments! Chauvelin's temper-tantrum of frustration is particularly well done.

I am only wondering, in the last paragraph-are you suggesting that Marguerite knows that Chauvelin is upset? I don't doubt she'd find it reasurring if she DID know, but how did she find out?

Glad you decided to move forward with these ideas!

Clio1792 chapter 4 . 8/4/2010
Glad Percy asked for some brandy-sorry he didn't get some, but, as you showed, alchol is viewed very differently viewed in the twenty-first century...

Poor Marguerite-of course she's worried!

Does Percy have an IV? I was wondering about this, since he has a gunshot wound...

Hope you'll continue,