Reviews for Fear No Darkness
Guest chapter 9 . 12/26/2012
I don't understand this anti-Thranduil phenomenon in fan fiction. Have you read the books? Celeborn and the Lorien elves are explicitly prejudiced against dwarves. Thranduil names Bilbo, a hobbit, elf-friend. He's clearly a reasonable fellow. The pompous ridiculous Elf-Denethor of fan fiction is not Thranduil.
BelleCelestyn chapter 7 . 3/27/2012
wow, there's so much hate against thranduil that can't help but feel sorry for him and be on his side.
BelleCelestyn chapter 3 . 3/24/2012
What is it with these authors that make Thraundil appear so bad? Makes me think that these authors have a personal vendetta against fathers in general... Legolas' animosity and blatant dislike for Thraundil put me off but I added the story to my favorite list to see what will happen next. I hope Thraundil doesn't turn into a groveling elf just to make him appear more 'nice' and 'acceptable' to society.
Enna Namo chapter 30 . 4/9/2011
Oh my, I so love this story. My heart breaks for Legolas and Merry and you left this story on its own for so long. Will they ever see the light of the sun again? Will they be healed of the darkness? And is the Mouth of Sauron really dead? It seemd to be just a bit to easy to kill him. And Aragorn is incapable to fight at the moment and has to rely on Thranduil to keep him save. I really really hope that you will get back to this story and continue writing.
blindrain chapter 16 . 9/26/2010
Ha! I did the same deriving-lineage bit while taking a shower (water hammering on a thinking cap - not excessively pleasant) - except I was trying Elrond and I extended it to his sons out of some bizarre desire to experience complex math. Thought I had the wrong answer (3/16) and gave up.

:D

Nice going!
WaffleNinja chapter 30 . 8/4/2010
Greetings! I am a newcomer to your fics, and though I haven't left reviews for them, I've read quite a few by now. But now, I've been forced to voice my plea. Please, PLEASE don't let this story get abandoned! I love it so much, and the pairing of Merry and Legolas as the Fellowship members in distress was refreshing and painful (- but in a good way). Please don't let this wonderful piece of fanfiction float forever unfinished on the internet, especially since it was getting so climactic and awesome. And that goes for "Land of Light and Shadows" as well.
Phantom Shadow of the Titanic chapter 30 . 4/22/2010
Nice! Good work! Good job developing all the various characters, and good, intricate plot. It does tend, though, to get a bit dragged down in dialogue, question-games and people's musings. I would have liked to see the story move a bit faster. But that's it's only major flaw! Good job too bringing out the political and racial tensions between the elves, dwarves and humans. Man the elves hold grudges! And good job describing the battle too. That was well paced and very exciting! But what was with Mr. Mouth? I didn't expect him to die that quickly and easily. I'll be interested to see whether that was a miscalculation on his part or whether he intended that to happen for some reason that the others haven't guessed yet. And I certainly didn't see the smoke thing coming!

Anyway, good work! I'm glad it's not done yet though, as I definitely want to see how they're going to bring poor Legolas and Merry back to themselves! That's going to be a hard job! So do update again soon!
AdminElrohir chapter 30 . 3/11/2010
Wow... Update this please! Pretty please? It's AWESOME!
Feafea chapter 30 . 1/5/2010
Thank goodness I found this story! It's fantastic! I just love the way you portray the characters. Hehe. You gotta update it okay! Otherwise, I would be staying up late (again)spending my time night-dreaming about what could happen next!
bookworm1080 chapter 30 . 11/19/2009
I believe this is now the longest you've gone without updating. Any chance of it any time soon? This is a fantastic story, please don't have abandoned it
artgirl87 chapter 30 . 9/21/2009
i have read this whole story up to this point. Amazing story with a lot of twists and turns that i never expected. BRAVO! But, really...you should finish this story. I know it has been almost 5 years, but that doesn't mean you abandon it! I understand life keeps you busy, believe me! But you really should finish this fantastic tale! I am curious to what will happen to Sam and Pippin! How will Legolas and Merry act when they wake up? Are they to act as assassins to the rest of the fellowship? Please, Fear No Darkness is too well written to be dropped!
ilysia chapter 30 . 6/27/2009
And so I come to the end of what you've posted so far. Having read your note about sporadic updates, I hold hopes for more, but then it has been quite a while. Hope springs eternal, however, and there's always your other story to keep me occupied. But for now I'll say that this has been a fantastic tale and I really am eager to see more of it, because now Haldir and Orophin (those dear stray Marchwardens) must meet up with those who were actually supposed to be doing the rescuing.

And Mouth of Sauron's death was appropriately dramatic, though Thranduil's triumph didn't last long. I'm anxious to see exactly what it is that has to be done to bring Legolas and Merry back to themselves.
ilysia chapter 29 . 6/27/2009
Firstly: Elrohir!

Secondly: Celeborn, please, you must make up your mind about whether or not the Mouth of Sauron (curse his name! or lack thereof) must die. But the rescuing of Merry and Legolas must com first. The section where you lead us into the collective mind of the captives was both oddly compelling and terrifying, and I pray I get at least some resolution before I run out of story.
ilysia chapter 28 . 6/27/2009
Stray hobbits and angry, angry elves... what more could one ask for? The wheels are in motion, the pieces are falling into place... and I must away to the next chapter where, hopefully, someone will go ahead and kill the Mouth of Sauron so that I never have to type that phrase ever again.
ilysia chapter 27 . 6/27/2009
The pieces are all falling into place, and I'm torn between cackling with glee and moving into mourning for the lack of the entire story. This new... development with Elladan is rather startling, though I supposed it will prove helpful if he can, if fact, hold himself together long enough. But then, none of them are exactly in the best of conditions, are they?
796 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »