Reviews for Fear No Darkness
ilysia chapter 25 . 6/27/2009
Eep. Evil Mouth of Sauron at work. And it is so disturbing that he doesn't care for his own life. I'm beginning to get very uneasy here, particularly as I'm fast approaching the end of the chapters you've posted. But the things that are being done to Merry and Legolas are frightening, and I'm hoping that Thranduil will show up sooner rather than later with a dwarf and a man and some half-elves and hobbits in tow, though I don't know how much that will do to help our captured friends.

But at least Orophin and Haldir are sane now. Sanity, even when mingled with grief, is always a good sign.
ilysia chapter 24 . 6/27/2009
Well, know that everyone knows, or suspects, what it is that's going on, I suspect that things will begin to move at quite a clip. And Thranduil... I believe I can safely say that I am becoming rather enamored of your interpretation of Thranduil. The way you've written Celeborn is also excellent, and I really do enjoy his perspective. But I'm anxious now to see Merry and Legolas again. I worry about them.
ilysia chapter 23 . 6/26/2009
Augh! Merry and Legolas! At this point, I'm having trouble moving past that reaction, but I also must give you credit for making the Mouth of Sauron a new and even more horrid evil. Never again will I be able to read his name without thinking of this.

But at least Haldir's got his sanity back, even if Orophin's now losing his.
ilysia chapter 22 . 6/26/2009
And now Haldir has gone off in search of his brother, while still in his poor state. Things really aren't looking very good at this reunion, are they? Celeborn's reaction to Elrohir's statement that the darkness is dividing friend from friend is ominous (as though things weren't ominous enough already!) and I foresee some rather unhappy reactions when Celeborn finally does break the news of his suspicions.
ilysia chapter 21 . 6/26/2009
And now, it seems, I must extend further congratulations to Thranduil, though I shall keep insisting that he needs a bit more open-mindedness. But then again, Legolas is not really in any condition to help with that, at the moment. *sigh* This darkness of yours, or of the Mouth of Sauron's, if you're being picky, has much to answer for. But hopefully we'll get to that.
ilysia chapter 20 . 6/26/2009
Once more, you have a gift with character interactions. Especially when you take minor characters and flesh them out, as you have with Rosie and Celeborn and, well, and all the others you've worked with in this story. But the friendship that is beginning to grown between Rosie and Celeborn is something that I have fallen completely on love with. And Celeborn would be one in desperate need of a simple, honest friendship at this point. The picture of him storming the kitchens with two hobbits in tow is one that I fear I will never quite get out of my head.

And then there's Thranduil. I find myself increasingly frustrated with his prejudices, yet I must applaud his efforts on Gimli's behalf. He could certainly take a lesson from his son in the matter of open-mindedness, though.
ilysia chapter 19 . 6/26/2009
I had originally intended to read through the entire story (what's posted, at least) and then leave a nice long review, but. But, but, but. And then there was this chapter. First of all, I want to thank you for crafting such a lovely story (though lovely may not be the most fitting word, considering just what's going on at the moment...). It's well though-out, well-written, and, as a final treat, it pulls in elements from all periods and corners of Tolkien's universe. Every time a see a reference to something mentioned in The Silmarillion, a smile a bit. You've also managed to, somehow, write a story that at times makes me laugh out loud and at others brings me rather close to tears.

So, specifics. What really caught my attention in this chapter (though I can assure you it is in your other chapters as well) is the character interplay: between Arwen and Rosie, though it is brief, and between Rúmil and Gimli. Particularly between Rúmil and Gimli for, though it's brief and tragic, it is poignant and worth remembering.

And now you've got me quite worried (as though I wasn't before!) for Legolas and Merry, who, it would seem, are in for a rough time no matter what happens.
DragonballGirl chapter 30 . 5/28/2009
Hi this story was boring because is tould more aboud Aragorn and the others but litte about Legolas and Pippin,boring!

so the chapters should say more about Legolas and Pippin!
Iwantyoutofinishthisstory chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
This is such a good story. I'll obsess about this cliffhanger if you don't finish it, I have done it in the past and do not like the sensation that accompanies the thought of incompleteness. This story DESERVES a proper ending.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 16 . 9/24/2008
Actually, you missed one bit: Luthien herself was half elf, half maia.
Rynorean chapter 30 . 6/8/2008
*sigh* I despair that this or any other of your stories will ever be continued. It's such a shame. You are without a doubt up there with the best of the best on this site.

If you ever decide to continue with your stories, please send me an email, even if its another 4 years from now. I'll be checking back at least once every year if I remember.
Analorien chapter 30 . 12/30/2007
Greetings! I found this fic a long time before. I just finished reading the 30 chapters you've posted. Any chance you're going to finish it? It's really good.

By the way - how did your class in Arabic go?
sazza-da-vampire chapter 30 . 10/4/2007
well? where's the next chapter? I want it i want it i want it!

can you please post again? even if it has been two years? pretty pretty please?

it's an amazing story, and i love the way that you tell it all, from differing points of view. Rumil's death scene was epecially touching.

pleasepleaseplease post again!
GoodnessKnows chapter 30 . 5/8/2007
Ai! Great way to end it: "Their enemy was dead, but his corruption lived on." My heart's pounding - and here I was thinking maybe this was the last chapter!

Good job writing this fic though, and I hope you continue it. I especially love Celeborn, who gets a lot more depth here than in a lot of other fics (what with Galadriel and all...).
Solo by Choice chapter 30 . 5/3/2007
AH! No! I need more! This is possibly the most amazing non-humor LotR story I have ever read. I adore so many things about it that I cannot list them all! I think my favorite bits were definitely the Legolas/Thranduil arguement and any Legolas/Gimli banter. Of course, that was a while ago...I sort of wondered if something bad would happen to Legolas because that's just the sort of thing that seems to happen in fanfics: have falling out/huge argument with someone and then something terrible happens to them which makes you see how much they really matter to you...Anyway, this is amazing! I am waiting with bated breath for the next chapter! Also, I have noted one interesting thing about LotR: one of your reviewers mentioned fathers...well, it seems like very few of the characters have mothers, or at least mothers who are still present/alive. Odd, eh? Please update! (PS I am a lurker, too!)
795 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »