Reviews for Competence
Fenix221 chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
Outstanding description! Fights are tough on paper, they can come out really bland and stilted,but taking it from Eliot's internal perspective and using how much punishment he can take as a barometer to measure his next move by was an excellent device. The only thing I found a little grating was how Eliot's drawl seemed overdone, unless you were doing it on purpose as a device to show how exhausted he was that he was slipping and slurring. Not bad, just a little out of character. Thank you so much for sharing!
incurableinsanity chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
I love how you've written Eliot's character and the chess analogies. Nice work :)
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Its a good short bit and I loved the chess analogy.
cuilwen1 chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
I loved this story. I like the sentence :''...although he's hurt and sliding deeper into that fuzzy place where clowns never get killed by horses...'' That weird part of Parker's phobia must have crept upon him in his time of weakness :P

Keep up the good job!
meri47 chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Eliot's a real deep person isn't he?

Keep up the good work, I really enjoyed it!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
What an awesome wonderful story. Eliot's version of chess is sadly awesome.
Scooby176 chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
loved it wish there was more :D
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
that was great loved it
goblz chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
This fic was amazing. Beautifully written, and you had both Eliot and Sophie, and their friendship, nailed. Great, great piece!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
I love Leverage and Elliot is my favorite character! I LOVE to watch him kick ass and your description of the fight was perfectly done so that I could really watch it in my head. :D

And Sophie was spot on, too.

Just really beautifully done. :)
Ivory Greed chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Great, made my night!
Kween chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
This was absolute gold! I loved it. Do you think you can make a sequek for this about the conversation between Eliot and Sophie.
ghost chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Wow this was awesome! Thanks
KansasPhoto chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
pdljmpr6 chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
You're gonna hafta gimme a moment to remember myself. here. Holy frakin crap. That I have NEVER seen a fight described so well. Pacing was excellent but the crazy thing is you managed to describe Eliot fighting seven guys, and the injuries sustained within, without letting it get boring or repetitive.

Love the reference back to Chess, and that he knows what to sacrifice and knows how much he can take. Loved how gruff he is with Sophie, that he wants her to understand why he does what he does and what she should've done. The recurring theme of Eliot not minding dieing is really telling about his character, and very IC to me. Loved the last line the best, that Eliot can't stand the thought of the team with the second best.

Great great amazing peice. loved it.