Reviews for Behind Dry Eyes
Wow.
ohmyfish chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
I LOVE this. Your depiction of Tom seems spot-on; not quite Voldemort, but not even close to normal. You captured his insanity perfectly.
Sethera chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Incredible.

You amaze me...

I wanted to make a fic about the life of Tom, spanning from first year to seventh, or even beyond, with memories of before as well, but now I don't think I could do him justice compared to you... (plus I'm partly afraid I'd end up pretty messed up, since I lack the ability to distance myself from characters and roles...and I don't want to go the way of Heath Ledger...) Still, I'm intrigued by your interpretation and if you know of any other fics that center on his development (canon, no romance, since I already know who to go to for wonderful Tomione goodness ;)) I'd love to hear of them!

Argh, this ficlet made me even MORE intrigued about your story...forgot the name ._. sorry haven't read it yet so it hasn't stuck in my brain yet but rest assured I WILL! *goes off to do that now*
avalonchick5 chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Very interesting...I'm not one for psychology, but definitely an intriguing little foray into TMR Jr's twisted little mind. that sounded really patronizing, didn't it? I didn't mean it that way, honest.

Now I sound like a little kid. Sorry about my randomness - I'm running on caffeine and a Harry Potter addiction right now.

Well-written, fantastically plotted - exactly what I've come to expect from your marvelous work. Keep it up! :D

Love,

Avalon
LauralHilll chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Yeah this pain /power thing is what makes Voldemort ships work.

(... granted I'm slightly twisted and writing a twilight fic w/ Bella as a drug addict)
WisteriaAndHoneysuckle chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
You are rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors Speechwriter. Your characterization is spot-on and your imagery evocative. You have a knack for writing believable, psychologically broken characters (my favorite kind) and I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :)
Less Wrong chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Competent mood piece.
The Death of Beauty chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Kind of makes you feel sorry for Voldemort doesn't it?
physics chick chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Wow...a bit dark, isn't it? Dark, but good. I liked it.
Mortimer S chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Yum, insanity! I could write an essay about how we'd all like to be monsters.

On second thought, I DID write an essay like that. I like this little overdramatic snippet of Tom's orphanage life. It's a good insight into his character, at any rate. Because of the psych books I eat, I've done a lot of analysis on Tommy boy, and how he got sociopath-esque. This comes to mind: in Romania, there were once too many orphans, and they would just leave them alone tied to their beds in crammed spaces, and then they made lots and lots of psychopaths! Yay! Of course, Tom's life is rather different, since he's in a decent English orphanage and all, though I wonder why the Matron would ruler somebody bloody. I thought they only hit you once or twice? Isn't a bloody ruler kind of disgusting (and wouldn't it take a long time- ruler faces are really blunt)?

Anyways, I liked the freaky and messed up Oliver Twist reference. That was just creepy, and very Tom-like. It sort of proves that your version of Tom isn't actually a psychopath/sociopath, too, since while they enjoy or are indifferent to other people's pain, they don't understand their own pain either. If Tom believes that "power belongs to those who suffer for it," it kind of proves that he knows what suffering means, so he isn't missing some major amygdala functioning or anything.

God, enough of me and my psychobabble. I loved the ending scene. Poor woman, I would be freaked too if I was smacking someone bloody and they SMILED at me. I mean, GAAHHHH, that is messed up. XD

But yeah, this piece was awesome! There needs to be more Tom analysis out there.
www.purrtydino.org chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
interesting one-shot...:)

as you are a sucker for one-liners, I'm a sucker for tom marvolo riddle:)
Smithback chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
OH! GOD!

creo que leer esto antes de dormir a las :00 am no es buena idea...

me dió escalofríos.

uff! genial
loveislouder94 chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
I'm not exactly good at constructive, or even sophisticated criticism, so I'll just tell you what I thought. I was blown away when I read this. It was incredibly well written, yet somehow sounded...distanced, as though that was part of Tom's character. (And of course, it is). Nice work! :)