Reviews for Gaslight Evangelion
Maria Susan White chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
I have to admit that there are indeed some flaws, for example, Darwin could have discovered evolution if he were born 2 centuries earlier, but with the given technical level there is no way that he could have founded DNA, because that involves X-ray. Despite this, the promotion of human technology is necessary in this story, and biological technology the most urgent of all, and the Martian invasion is a good opportunity of such promotion. And above all, you and we are both keen to see how the story of Evangelion will go with the late nineteenth century settings, and that's enough. To see how the world runs with flaws is one of the attractions of science fiction.

And you are a sci-fi fan, aren't you? So am I, glad to read your story and glad to meet you.

As to your story, I love the conversions you made to fit the Japanese names into English ones, especially Ms. Ato, or Misato. Just a little advice, I think if you want to converse the surname "Ikari", "Icarus" is a good choice. No surname suits Rei better than Adams!

Glad to see even the nineteenth century being a reserved age, Misato still keeps her style, although not so blatant. The reformed Lord Gendo is quite lovable, and no doubt Shaun grows up as a merrier lad. Fighting for Germany seems not to change the character of Kaworu much, seen from his mercy on Rachel.

Before I read this story, I read your Neon Psychosis Evangelion, and that is really awesome. I wish you will update this story soon, for it is terrific! It seems you are always coming up with creative ideas like these.
mgunh1 chapter 3 . 7/22/2010
Heh, someone read "Leviathan", no? :P

Anyway, really good start with this; I really like the level of thought you've put into it too, in order to make the time line match up with the technology.

Part of me had wished to see a steam powered eva xP But that, admitantly, would be hard to pull off.

And you made Asuka male? Or was that a typo?
Tasermon's Partner chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
Your fic is WIN if for no other reason than ya turned Rits into the horrific alien monster she deserves to be!

I applaud.
Dartz-IRL chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Can we have something that isn't the Opening to War of the Worlds, please?

Gaslight EVA is a good concept, but the prologue is just straight copypasted. Not necessarily a bad thing in this case... however, there should've been more story beyond this, than just 3 paragraphs.

You might've been better off writing the same from scratch and trying to match tone, rather than just cut and pasting, while adding a few new words.

-Dartz
Ranchoth chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
I'm already highly looking forward to this one. Get the steam up, lad! :D
mgunh1 chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Very interesting, I can easily see the War of the Worlds inspiration and your use of his writing style. I would very much enjoy what you make of this, if you continue this style.
TEAM DERRICK chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
And so it begins.

Here we do what we hope no one has done before!

Steampunk/Dieselpunk/Gearpunk/Lovecraftian/HGWellsian/JulesVerneianEvangelion.

Or as we like to call it, AWESOMEPUNK.