Reviews for The Prophet's Apprentice: Redux
Vanillabeancobain chapter 10 . 2/27
This fic is great. Please keep updating!
Randy chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
I'm loving this story! You need to update! :D
Belthasar chapter 10 . 4/1/2013
Hmm, interesting, I wonder what will happen next.
woodwindwaker chapter 10 . 3/23/2013
Ooooohh! Burn burn BURN! Poor Lucca...I never thought of Magus and Schala's relationship from an outsider's perspective. It really would appear that Magus was in love with Schala (though of course, she's his sister, which Lucca doesn't know yet.) It's almost like Luke and Lea. This story is really quite intriguing, and very well planned out. PLEASE don't quit writing! :D So glad I found this!
lorekai chapter 10 . 3/23/2013
Yay! An update! :) Great chapter as per usual, I can't wait till the next one, I love the way you write the characters. :)
Aerois chapter 10 . 3/21/2013
I've had a tough week full of exams and work, but I swear this has made it all better! :) I was so scared that you'd stop working on this for whatever reason (because I'm paranoid haha), I mean virtually no one writes actively for these two anymore. Well maybe it doesn't mean much, but you certainly have my support!

I know I said it in a review before, but I think the psychological warfare of sorts between Magus and Lucca is simply delicious! These two are such intelligent people, it only makes sense that both the antagonistic and romantic aspects that build their relationship would occur through such intricate exchanges of constantly trying to one-up and guess the other's reaction. I can't explain it, still. It's easy enough to follow without having to read it a million times over (I'm lookin' at you, Jane Eyre, you boring piece of- sorry) but not a one-dimensional thing that hasn't been thought out. You portray these two better than any other writer I've seen, and I honestly strive to emulate the way you write.

I also love how Lucca's a bit jealous! Most people would shy away from that because as a player of CT they know Schala and Magus are related, but you can objectively reason that the other characters don't know it, so you can portray it in a very realistic way without it being awkward.

As I said before, I love love LOVE seeing new chapters for this, and I simply can't wait to see it through. I get the feeling you have a really busy life, so it means a lot to me as a reader that you've stuck with this.
VelvetPersona chapter 5 . 3/11/2013
Ah-ha! There it is, the game of cat and mouse in the most "come hither" imitation. The spark of attraction has been ignited, but will that flame burn long enough before the game stops being a game? Oh, I'm so excited! Great chapter and kudos on the articulation and chemistry between Magus and Lucca. That's a dangerous game you're playing girl, hopefully you know what you're doing and don't get burned in the process. :)
VelvetPersona chapter 4 . 3/11/2013
Yes, I expected such dialogue coming from the Earthbound Ones when conversing with Magus. I don't know why it tickled my soul when Magus said, "Ladies first" XD

I'm giddy with excitement over this story with the conclusion of another intriguing chapter. :)
VelvetPersona chapter 3 . 3/11/2013
Brilliant, the plot thickens and the unlikely couple are on the move. Still this pairing is more comfortable to me than Magus/Schala I mean isn't that incest? Why would people write that pairing, it's just disgusting! Anyway, back to this chapter, all in all I'm yearning for more, so great job!
VelvetPersona chapter 2 . 3/11/2013
Yes, yes, yes! Great introductory chapters of the thoughts of Lucca and Magus. Trust is a very important aspect to consider especially in unfamiliar territory (for Lucca that is), but only time will tell if they can work together efficiently. :) I commend your writing style, it's easy to imagine the setting and emotional content the characters have.
VelvetPersona chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Great start so far, I like Magus' character and I'm hoping the plan he has in mind is what I think it is. Lucca is my favorite female character next to Ayla then it's Marle. This story seems promising! :)
Aerois chapter 9 . 1/9/2013
I realize that it's been quite a while since you last updated, but I really do hope you'll finish this! This is honestly one of the best stories on all of FF, in my honest opinion. You capture the characters in such a believable way, and present them in an original format- we get to see each Lucca and Magus' inner thoughts within one chapter about what's happening, almost like frequently switching POV's. You'd think that wouldn't work, or that it'd be too confusing, but it makes it all the better. It's something not a lot of writers can achieve.

And not a lot of people these days still write about this couple. I've played the game since childhood, but as I get older I entertain the thought of more happy endings than just a wedding between Crono and Marle. :P

Maybe I'm the only one, but Lucca and Magus remind me a lot of Vegeta and Bulma. I mean, it's the same animator, Magus looks and acts a ton like Vegeta, Lucca is a lot like Bulma in both intelligence, spunk, and beauty... When you think about it, they make a pretty magical match, and you do them so much justice.

I especially love the psychological and emotional warfare the two engage in. It's clever, it's deep, and while it does leave you guessing about who's doing what next, it's not so confusing that you have no idea what's going on. That is a HUGE plus for this story, if you ask me, and I love how it's such an important part of it.

Anyways, I really do hope to see more of this story soon! You weave stories as if it's second nature, and that truly captivates me. Someday, I hope I can write with this kind of clarity and hypnotic pull!
ThanotosOmega chapter 9 . 11/19/2012
YAY!. this was nice a few errors but nothing to go insane over
woodwindwaker chapter 9 . 11/11/2012
Interesting...very interesting...I can't wait to where this goes! Great suspense. Thanks for updating.
Belthasar chapter 9 . 11/11/2012
Interesting chapter, I hope to see this updated again soon.