Reviews for TNA Scent of the Dying
Timeless A-Peel chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
Gambit isn't Gambit unless he's staggering around half-dead without 47 injuries and a bulletwound in one arm. You'd think he'd be used to it by now. ;-)

Another great chapter-you're really ramping up the drama and suspense. The killer dogs are suitably scary, especially with Gambit in the state he's in. Good thing he's got Purdey there to back him up.

As always, looking forward to the next chapter.
Timeless A-Peel chapter 4 . 2/15/2011
Woohoo! New chapter! This made me happy to no end. So, the department link is a girl. With Gambit involved, why am I not surprised? ;-) And he's into her hair, must to Purdey's displeasure. Loved the bit about the jealousy. Ah, Purdey, when will you learn to see what's in front of you?

Liked the cat analogies, too-naturally Gambit sees himself as a big, slinky cat. And he just missed saying the p-word, too...

Meanwhile, those dogs don't sound good on so many levels. If Purdey's not careful, they'll get her scent next. This whole thing's gotten very exciting. Can't wait for more.
lovesanimals chapter 3 . 11/21/2010
This is fun! ;) Please update again soon!
Timeless A-Peel chapter 3 . 11/10/2010
So glad that you've come back to this-I was starting to worry there would be no more Gambit joy (but I understand the "real-life getting in the way of fic" problem all too well ;-) ). Anyway, another great chapter. Some top of the line and true-to-life Purdey/Gambit interactions, and the required daily amount of Gambit angst/hurt. Hopefully he'll get a nice vacation after all this is over.

And you've ended it on a nailbiter of a cliffhanger. Can't wait for more! Loving this.
Lisa Paris chapter 2 . 7/25/2010
Enjoying this very much. Love the New Avengers, and most especially Gambit.
Timeless A-Peel chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
Yay, more of this fic! Poor Mike got a bit of a respite-well, if you can call it that when he's using it to stitch up his arm. Ouch! And that's not counting his other injuries-his ribs and collarbone really aren't sounding good at all. You've really banged him around! (Not that I'm any better. Battering poor Gambit is a TNA fanfic writer tradition. ;-) )

In spite of it all, he managed to foil an assassination attempt, which provided a good bit of tension, but my favourite parts are the little touches where you show off your knowledge of the canon-Kendrick, the 21 steps, and especially the drink Purdey whipped up (a Purkda maybe?). And though Purdey doesn't pop up in person until the end, when she does she's in top "oh, what a bother. Another armed killer lying on my doorstep" mode. Priceless. I can't wait to see what Purdey and Gambit (both deceased) get up to now. And how long before Steed realises there's something wrong?
Timeless A-Peel chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Yay, a Gambit story! And even better, another Gambit fan! So wonderful to see a TNA story by someone else, especially one with a focus on my favourite Avenger.

As usual, poor old Mike's in bad shape, and so's the Range Rover. Luckily he gets to spend some time at Purdey's as a reward. That'll get him back on fighting form if nothing else will. ;-) Naturally he'll be back on the job soon enough-Steed knows he can push him hard.

I'm really excited to see where this story goes. It's the best reward for not updating a fic I've ever had. I'm flattered that no new "Anew" was enough to drive you to write something fresh. I've updated now. I hope you enjoy the new chapter as much as I enjoyed this.