Reviews for Basic Wants
Foxy-Floof chapter 18 . 6/2
So, I know, I know, magic is the emphasis here...

But what about converting some galleons to pounds, and flying Harry out of Heathrow Airport, or a PRIVATE AIRFIELD, and jetting him around the world?
He can fly following the day around the world, through time-zones, and avoid the night of the full moon entirely... And God knows, he should still have PLENTY of money left over from his parents for that.

Also, I can't help but wonder why no one else has thought of this? Really, magic DOES cause tunnel-vision when it comes to problem-solving...
BlessedHope chapter 22 . 5/25
I am reviewing because of the list of reasons to revive, it was hilarious!
Excellent story so far as well!
sarahbluerose13 chapter 22 . 5/11
This story hurts so good... I love it. Now I must go onto the next chapter. Thanks for writing!
Rose Hathaway Potter chapter 55 . 2/20
I love the story!
bleeb90 chapter 55 . 11/2/2015
My god, after reading Basic Needs I definitely did not expect over 200k of an M-preg angst-fest. That said, I'm delighted to say you wrote a genre I usually dislike in a damn good way. You didn't use convoluted logic which makes rape the basis of a good relation, you didn't write Harry as a completely downtrodden doormat, and if I ignore the fact that Fenrir could very well be Harry's granddad, it read as a rather normal homosexual relationship - something I definitely cannot say about a lot of slash out there. And believe me, I've read loads of slash.

Not to mention your dedication in seeing your entire story through, that's something I definitely can't say about my own stories. Kudo's to you, and, even if it was different from my normal reads, I enjoyed reading it!
Rikisha chapter 22 . 9/22/2015
Oh since you made a list I figured I
might as well review. I love your story,
and luckily, I came across it when it's completed.
Saiki-ki chapter 55 . 6/15/2015
Hello, I read through your previous story and this one, and I wanted to give you a review. (It's been done for a while now though, so I'm not sure if you're still reading these.)

You are a very talented writer, and I love finding fics as well written as yours! However, there was one thing that I just couldn't overlook that stopped me from enjoying your stories. (I don't want this to sound like a personal attack or anything, and I know whenever anyone writes that it always sounds like one anyway. If it comes off that way it is 100% not my intention.) I'm going to try and make this as constructive as possible, because I do honestly believe you are a fantastic writer.

The problem I had was with how so many of the abuse/rape/domestic violence/mental illness/etc situations in this story were handled. I saw in one of your A/Ns that you've gotten at least some comments on this subject before. I'm not saying you agree with these ideas as a person. Not at all. Writing about these types of situations is what writers do, and a someone who writes about an abusive relationship does not mean they approve of abusive relationships. However I do think that how that situation is portrayed in the grand scope of things is completely the writers responsibility. If someone wrote a book about child abuse and in the end all the adults in the story blamed the 2 year old, that would send an awful message. So what if the author doesn't actually agree with the theme?

It just seemed like almost every scene in the story involved Harry and Fen fighting. Couples have there fights, but when they involve broken bones, near death, lots of blood, rape, etc, that's just toxic all around and that is never really seems too be addressed? When it is brought up, it is usually "I don't want to talk about it" and "oh but you guys are good for each other anyway". Their relationship is also very one sided. I can understand that you may be trying to go for the whole alpha werewolf feel, where where Fen is more in charge, but that is not how a relationship works.

The collar scene when they go to the club, for example. If they had to wear them to show they were taken, why wouldn't both partners need to wear them? It's not a show of partnership or being off the market, it's a show of power and ownership. And that's how it was addressed to begin with by Harry. I was like, "yes, you are finally addressing that he is not property, but an actual human." But the scene ended with the point that yes, Harry gets the collar because he is just a piece of property. He is the one that is owned in the relationship, not the other way around. The trope itself is super harmful, that a relationship should be so unbalanced like that.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if you're going to have these situations in a story, they need to be handled a bit more carefully or they end up coming out less like a story and more like something that potential abusers would be attracted to? And I'm not saying everyone who reads this is an abuser or anything. More likely waaaay over 99.999% aren't. It just that, say some one who does agree with this type of thing reads something like this, something that is so unapologetic with domestic violence and other themes. This writing is validation in the same way 50 shades of gray is validation. Like, it's not intentional, and the people reading aren't bad, but its message is extremely toxic.

I doubt this will come to mean anything, since this story is yours to write for your own enjoyment and some stranger's opinions don't really matter in the long run. But this really unsettled me enough that I just wanted to point out the problems in how these characters were portrayed and how their situations were handled. I also understand I have very little right to complain, since no one forced me to read this.

My summed up advice in this whole super long thing (sorry, I know you didn't even ask for it) is that, as you continue to write fantastically, be aware that your words will have an impact on people, whether you're publishing books or just posting fanfics. So write your stories however you want, but think on how you as a person want your views on those subjects to be interpreted, and the message you want to send about those subjects to others who read your stories.
FolledeDray chapter 22 . 6/2/2015
I just love your "Ten reasons why you should review"! But not only that, your story is great. For once, Harry doesn't let people dictate his life. He is his own master even if he have sometimes a really bad temper. (You have to admit it ;P)
I remember reading the prequel of this story, or at least, the beginning of it a long time ago. It's a shame I read the sequel so much time later but it is Worth it. Fenrir/Harry is a pairing I particularly appreciate and your story is like The Graal for me.

Thank you so much for writing and posting!

atymer chapter 36 . 4/24/2015
Harry isn't grumpy, pissy or hysterical, he's contrary...ah most of the time. lol
Pyrane chapter 55 . 4/11/2015
Thanks for the story
A hot, lively, eventfull story :D
Well done for an unusual pairing ;D
See you around !

SciFiLvr13 chapter 27 . 4/9/2015
Harry has some major communication issues here. It's not just trust issues; he's practically channelling Dumbles with his need to keep everything secret. I hope he realizes trust goes both ways as does honesty. Fenrir did overreact but Harry didn't help matters.
Hainbuche chapter 55 . 3/30/2015
eine wirklich tolle absolut klasse geschichte. sehr schön geschrieben, textaufbau hervvorrgende. ich liebe sie. lg hayne
hEKSIE chapter 55 . 1/8/2015
Very sweet fic.
ImperfectWarrior chapter 22 . 1/3/2015
truly loved it:)
gabrielatsuki chapter 55 . 10/10/2014
Loved. It was an exciting story that almost made me cry once or twice. Marvelous.
1,485 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »