Reviews for Singing Songs in a Foreign Land
Ariyah chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Great story, well-written, and - of course - the wonderful inclusion of Aslan.

Ariel_of_Narnia
Rivergift chapter 2 . 9/24/2011
This is a beautiful piece. I have never thought overmuch on the origins of the Dawn Treader painting before; this presents a poignant story in its own right. Thank you for this journey!
Abject Tears chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I loved this. (As I love your work :) ) Your rendition of the origin of the Dawn Treader picture is original and real, and the emotions of one of many immigrants were well brought out. Overall, a beautiful piece.
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
Brilliantly written speculation of how the painting of the Dawn Treader came to be.
Aslan's Lamb chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
First of all, let me compliment you on the originality of your story...I haven't seen a single Narnia fanfic that dealt with the origin of the DT painting. Secondly, I think you've done such a great job showing the way lots of immigrants feel...did you experience this yourself? I know my parents have. They know what it's like to always feel somewhat regretful and to long for your home even while knowing that you made the right choice by leaving.
Eavis chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
Stellar! I can't wait to see how the painting finally ends up at Alberta's!

Lion's Blessing,

Eavis
Queen Su chapter 2 . 7/19/2010
Brilliant story idea! :) Overall, it was a great fic! I really enjoyed the story. Good job!

All for Aslan,

Queen Susan the Gentle
rthstewart chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Huh. It won't let me read the second chapter? I'm delighted to see you inspired to write this. What pleases me the most is that you are writing of Germany, of Jews, of Hitler, of the wrenching decision to flee Germany, and that Maler, a Jew, is an important and noble character of the story. For all that the Chronicles are set during a time in which 6 million people are being murdered, acknowledging that backdrop - and that Hitler did not suddenly appear over night - lend this an authenticity usually not found in Narnia fan fic.
Just me chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
very very nice

very original and very well written

is a bit of a shame the painting ended up in the Scrubb's visitor's room but still

adorable piece :)
lunawannabe chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
This is very, very good. It has such lovely imagery, with some real, raw feelings. This story of people is very well done, with feelings and relationsips as well as a plot. Though this is a short story, I feel that the characters are nicely fleshed out, which is a feat for a story as short as this. The idea of a dream causing the Dawn Treader to be pained isn't hugely original, but I think you made it your own, and when put in the rest of the story I think it works very nicely. Probobly my favorite line was "And he thanked the Lion for that, every day." It was such a wonderful line, with the double meaning that Daniel will never know. The whole ending was lovely, so bittersweet with some lovely description.

Very nice job!

Luna
Roonwit chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
I'm glad you added more to the end. Well done, Bottle. I think it turned out very well.

Jeff
Roonwit chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
I'm glad you got the story posted. :) You're welcome for the beta work. I'm glad I could help out.

Jeff
Lady of Stormness Mountain chapter 2 . 7/18/2010
Wonderful story.

The writing is first-rate, and your characterization and description brought the characters alive and filled the scenes with emotion. It filled in a much forgotten empty space and I loved every bit of it.

Lady of Stormness Mountain