Reviews for The Hill of Swords
Robbler chapter 15 . 6/13
Sry, I just can't stand Tiffania. This is it for me, again. Also when Tiffania arrives...
Gods I hate that girl...
Robbler chapter 12 . 6/12
Oh man, I really hate the sidegirls. I always do.
Harem storys have some fun to them sometimes, but most of the time, I get the feeling that they are not needed at all. The harems that is.
Zero Nu Tsukaima as well as High School DxD have enough worldbuilding and history to stand on their own. They don't need a harem at all.
Well in H DxD we have a "proper" harem at least. A bunch of girls loving one dude for basically no reason at all and him loving all of them back as equally as possible.
ZNT instead has a bunch of self absorbed bitches (Excuse my language) who want the guy as their husband regardless of if he wants them to. While Saito shows interest in some of their bodys, he loves only Louise in the romantic way (in the anime at least). But they care nothing for it.
Least of all the queen who calls herself Louises best friend. It is what creates the difference of annoyance with the girls from (HDxD) and pure disgust with the girls from (ZNT) for me.
Truffalot chapter 10 . 6/12
I like your authors note. You did say to mention parts we like
Howard Kieth Jr chapter 19 . 6/10
Siesta.. Trace on.. Frying pan ..
Howard Kieth Jr chapter 4 . 5/26
Where can I find Familiar of Zero's novels ?
MEGAandBIT we make it nice chapter 23 . 4/26
Hi there, i know this is probably pretty late. But i just finished binge reading this entire fic, i started when i woke up yesterday and just now finished reading it, and can i say i hate the fact that i have cried so much in a mere 24 hours. Your way with words, and the ability to truly bring emotion out of the characters is honestly lovely in a way i can not truly explain. Thank you so much for writing this, and i wish you well for whatever it is you write going forward.
That was... cheap.
NTMkensei03 chapter 23 . 4/3
I'm still salty about the anti climactic ending, instead of an epic war, you gave us a timeskip. Now about this story back then when I first read it I rated it 6 out of 10 or something, but after I read the FSN Visual Novel and learned more about the Nasuverse, boy your Shirou IS a disaster (in this story only, In Flight has a good support cast so Shirou feel less shit) like who the f*ck is this edgelord? The worst part is this is Fate route Shirou, the man is dedicated to Artoria, he so loyal to her that he make the impossible possible, he enter Avalon. Here you make him horney for "Love" and impregnated a woman in FoZ cast. This story doesn't change much from the Canon events, it just change Sato for an Edgelord, but that is still entertaining so 5 out of 10, but it Shirou(Fate route of all thing) being an edgelord so 3 out of 10.
andrewtaylorapt37 chapter 7 . 3/31
Can I just point out that Flame is telling off Sylphid when he kidnapped Shirou before.
Just a bored Highschooler chapter 8 . 3/19
Ah yes, Tiger dojo
A Nameless Ghost chapter 23 . 1/12
This has been a true delight. Thank you Gabriel.
When I found this piece under a pen of recommendations, I couldn't have expected such a beautiful story. I'm deeply glad even in 2022, I could still find this work, and call it exemplary. I can't believe how much I want to read your other works now. Hopefully I get a chance.
When you mentioned the dig at others writers who never conclude a story, I wholeheartedly agreed with you. Now, I'm even considering giving writing my own kind of story a try. And I'll keep that line in mind. Thanks for a great memory.

Until Next Time...
A Nameless Ghost
Yoyon586 chapter 23 . 1/6
It was definitely a journey reading this and I gotta say not bad, if I have to give it an honest rating I'd say a solid 5.5 out of 10 which is above average for a fanfic.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/29/2021
You are exaggerating how Shirou should feel about masters and servants. Also when we see the epilogue of Unlimited Blade Works we see Shirou at the clock tower same as always and still immensely kind and I think your straying from that, I mean Shirou is as he himself said “Broken” and can only find true happiness from helping others why is a huge part of why he likes cooking, because he is helping others by feeding them and that can’t be taken away just like that, Shirou Emiya lives to try and be a hero and won’t ruthlessly kill a child for being rude. And Shirou is too dead set on him being a servant even if those only work in Holy Grail Wars and on dead historic figures unless they use a vessel, and I don’t see Shirou being possessed by Sengo Muramasa or any command seals on Louise so the dream sequence has no good explanation. Also why are you saying Shirou is ‘proud and noble’? I mean it is stated that he has no pride in his weapons or anything else except in some cases cooking, that is why he liked Kanshou and Byakuya so much. Also how in the world did Shirou not die from so much Mana in the world? His magic circuits are too weak to handle that. And at least make some form of explanation for why reptiles and dragons like him so much, like how with Avalon being inside Artoria for so long (Who had a dragon mana core and dragon blood) it made its favorable thing for dragons to die it’s existence as an EX rank noble phantasm with a utopia inside of it that it can summon out into the real world to block any attacks and heal almost every single wound, or you could make it that due to the master and servant bond of Artoria and Shirou and how much Artoria liked and respected him it made other reptiles like and respect him too.
WispyFrost chapter 12 . 12/26/2021
Do most ppl rly just dismiss Shirou's origin that easily? I don't rly think so lel, maybe more of just didn't put it into the story i guess

Speaking of which, that was a very nice and vivid description of the fire, while somehow keeping it short lel. nice work :)
BRUH3000 chapter 13 . 12/10/2021