Reviews for The Hill of Swords
Logan- Murder of Crows chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
Obviously, one of the "arcs" needs to be called "Hill of Swords" or some variation thereof. As the first arc of Fate/Stay Night is "Fate" (and one of the subtitles within that arc "Stay Night"). I'll take a shot at it, even though most of my ideas are merely references to Fate/Stay Night...

"'Intoxicated with Victory on a Hill of Swords'"

"The Distant Utopia"

"'Thou Seven Heavens, Clad in a Trinity of Words'"

"'Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life'"

"'His Body is Made Out of Swords'"

"Begin Projection" / "TRACE ON"

"Warrior of Owed Victory"

"Crane Wing Three Ream"

"A Broken Dream"

"Infinite Creation of Swords"

"Gradation Air"

MAGNUM777 chapter 11 . 8/17/2010

Anyways, here are a few titlte suggestions.

First arc should just be called "The Hill of Swords" Why? Well, bacause the Fate route is named after the game and the first season of Zero no Tsukaima didn't have a subtitle

Alternatively, you could go with "The Noble Color Pink"

2nd one should be something like Red Knight Works, mix of Futatsuki no Kishi and UBW

Third arc... uh... Heaven's Feel... Princess no Rondo... Tiffania and artillery...

Falling Down Heaven?

Don't ask where my train of thought went.
SuperiorShortness chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
I liked the bit darker tone of this chapter... Though I think you should have a darker noble and siesta ark... The feudal system is after all highly corruptible, and despite magic, they live in the dark ages. Since this is already M rated, and Shirou is offering to kill people all the time, make the story darker... The blatant corruption, whoring and w/e... Will scare the crap out of Louise, but will make the story much more interesting. Expand the world of Zero No Tsukaima.

A Fan,

bnmhj520 chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
How cute.
FateBurn chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
great chapter realy like this tipe of character development intermision between battles or more serius chapter coz if they arent done the story becomes I dont know kind of heavy? if you know what I mean. Anyway good to see that their relationship is taking a more sustantial form, please post the next chapter soon wana see in what direction your gonna take his relationships with Henryeta and Agnes.
Person With Many Aliases chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
Well, after holding off for quite a bit, you finally tempt me with reviewing with this contest of yours, even though I know the odds of winning are so slim, what with the veritable deluge you'll be getting over the next few days.

Still, love your stuff. ZnT can be hard for me to watch sometimes because of all the fanservice antics, but you keep it down and keep it as a pure and magical fantasy, something I'd prefer. And Shirou being awesome, of course, which is always a welcome change. I still imagine him with Archer's skin and hair tones, though, whatever you may say. Apparently continued Tracing does make visible changes to your body, so that's my excuse.

Anyways, back to the contest that I won't win.

1. "Fated: The Summoned Sword Kneels and Slays."

2. "Unlimited Blades: The Field of Clashing Swords."

3. "Heaven's Command: The Enemy's Sword is Wielded."

Subtitles are very addicting. You can use the first half on the chapter list, and use the full title to introduce each... arc, act, whatever they should be called. Three seasons and Three Routes make the comparison inevitable, I guess.

Well, I'll see you for the next chapter, then.
Double-DecaKiva-DenBlades chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
not much action in this chapter,but still good

can't wait to see shirou use UBW in Louise's world...

oh yeah a little silly question:

will shirou ever use derflinger as a projectile weapon like caladbolg?(wonder what that sword's comment when shirou use him this way...)
Quincy80 chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
Again, an truely enjoyable chapter.

It may interest you to know that I have already started correcting some of your spelling and grammar errors. I started to reread your series and decided I may as well fix things as I read them.

Currently the first two chapters are done and I'll send them to you if you drop me a message.
god of stuff chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
Good job. Some minor errors with using the wrong word here or there. The zombie battle in the last chapter was incredible and the character development here was engaging. Reading your work is always a treat as almost nothing else on the site has quite the same feel to it. Keep up the good work.
bnmhj520 chapter 10 . 8/17/2010
This idea is great. Keep it up.
Zevrand chapter 10 . 8/16/2010
You know, if Shirou really wanted to "save everyone", he'd probably try to look up the guy who saved the most people. Which would be Norman Borlaug.

Basically what I'm saying is that he should be spending his spare time trying to save people by ending famines. He has a better-than-photographic memory of many pieces of modern technology. He knows it worked before. And he has the will to see it through.

End the oppression of the commoners peacefully by making magic unnecessary for food production. Viva La Revolution!
Guile chapter 10 . 8/16/2010
Quite enjoyable. I always saw the protagonist of FoZ as just a template, a vehicle for the audience (I even forget his name; Saito, maybe?) - the rest of the cast and the fantasy world itself was always more entertaining than he was.

And I never got to play the Stay Night game, just watch some of the anime, so that is familiar but new territory for me.

So the two together were really pretty great. It proceeded at a good pace, had some snappy banter, and not to mention crazy prolific. I'm looking forward to where you go next.
FateBurn chapter 10 . 8/16/2010
great chapter and story so far found it yesterday and couldnt stop reading until I could finish it please update the next chapter soon.
Animeflutist chapter 10 . 8/16/2010
Please don't have anyone else in the ZnT world summon other servants from the Fate world! I just want Shirou to be the main person only from Fate and no one can mention others when in thought or in conversations but hopefully that's about it.(well maybe Saber but at Shirou's last moments or from a miracle event the two can reunite shortly;I'm pretty sure Louise would want to "meet" & "chat" with Saber too -_-'' oh boy..)Also I have mixed feelings on Shirou having Gilgamesh's demonic weapon Ea; even though it is powerful and would help Shirou in tough situations, he couldn't craft it in his UBW world. It's a one of a kind weapon I think. Plus I don't like Gilgamesh all too much; he's overrated as an "Archer" himself in Fate, too arrogant and powerful as an Servant and he associates with Kotomine whom I have mixed opinions of. Isn't this story already entering ZnT's second season plot? Alright! I just like the familiarity of the two main characters of this story: Shirou and Louise; both have come from the notion "Zero". Louise couldn't use even the basic of magic at the start of her series thus "Louise the Zero". While Shirou's Reality Marble is strong and a place where he makes infinite swords, its a world where in his opinion "everything is here, yet nothing is here" since the weapons are imitations/false copies of the originals. It's amazing how many other people are interested in this story! Gabriel Blessing: Keep up the good work!
AlfheimWanderer chapter 10 . 8/15/2010
A minor corrections: The Church's enforcers are either the Assembly of the 8th Sacrament (Executors), or for the most elite of them, the Burial Agency (Buriers).

Still, the Black Keys are an excellent choice of weapon to use against the Dead, forcing the natural laws back onto their flesh,

though Harpe would have worked just as well in melee combat, given the sickle-sword's properties of refraction of immortality.

I also enjoyed how the Water Spirit was given a traced copy of Excalibur and Avalon by Shirou, which is an interesting touch, given that it was originally given to Saber by the Lady of the Lake, one of the most powerful of the Water Spirits.

But on the note of the hill of swords: One waiting forever, another searching forever - you're heading towards Last Episode territory, aren't you?

Keep up the good work!