Reviews for The Hill of Swords
madnarutofan chapter 14 . 9/13/2010
Frankly, this was quite possibly one of the most well written chapters I've ever read in a fanfiction... or hell, flat out book for that matter.

Also, I appreciate the fact that you didn't just end the story with "and she knew her servant had finally found his hill of swords"

Even seeing that, my cowboybebop- SPIKE senses have been getting set off at level 9 of 10! Seriously, I even went back and re-read that end fight sequence like 1o times while listening to the cowboybebop soundtrack Blue- it's the one at the very end of the last episode when Spike dies after the no holds barred death match between him and vicious.

I think it's like the perfect track for chapter 14 end... anyways, jsut thanks so much for your awesome story. I always loved your ranma fictions too! finishing what you start definitely one of my top three favorite ranma stories of all time.

Gabriel Blessing you are a hero of fanfiction! lol
SilverIceRing chapter 14 . 9/13/2010
I'll get this out of the way right here and now: Gabriel Blessing, YOU ARE A FUCKING WRITING GOD!

This story, which I found completely by accident and almost skipped over, was one of the most amazing and well written pieces of fanfiction literature that I have ever read! The drama, the heartbreaking scenes, the humor, and everything else one could hope for is all there! Hell, I can honestly say without a hint of remorse that it has absolutely no comparison at all in the entire site, and that I will look forward to each chapter like a thisty man in the middle of the desert looks forward to the next oasis he can find.

I can't wait to see what Shirou and the rest will do now! The poor guy must really be hating life right now (more than he already did) and the poor little elf was just trying to help. Though I can't help but think: will there really be no pairing for Shirou aside from Saber when he dies? I honestly love the pairing quite a bit, but will he really remain like that forever, waiting for death? I'm not particularly fond of tragedies, though I enjoy reading them from time to time, so I'd like a heads up. Either way, I will still love this story with a passion.

Update again soon!
Drognen chapter 14 . 9/12/2010
I love this story, its absolutely brilliant keep up the good work.
some random dude chapter 14 . 9/12/2010
shouldn't the chapter be called "The Fourteenth Night"?

Other than that, fantastic story, can't wait for more.

p.s. about the people complaining about rho aius. I was thinking that while it is nearly absolute protection against weapons, against magic spells like it was used against Louise's mother it wouldn't work well since it is not a weapon.
Infinite Freedom chapter 14 . 9/11/2010
Out of curiosity, is Saber ever going to come to Tristain?
Angurvddel chapter 14 . 9/10/2010
You know what the problem is with having an incredible pace of updates? People start showing up to poke you to update that much sooner.

*hint* *hint*

...

Oh screw it.

DAMMIT MAN, I NEED MY FIX.

*ahem*
Hollow-Unlimited chapter 14 . 9/9/2010
O.O i read all and i have to said im very impresed with your work, and in the matter of Rho Aias is the absolute defense except if is againts a noble phantasms with the cuality of break thought anithing regarless is properties ** so a simple spell no matter the power will never manage to break the final layer. ((only Ex-Calibur can do that for what i knows and thats because if you use it your victory against 1 foe is asured))

Expecting your update.
Hollow-Unlimited chapter 5 . 9/8/2010
Man great history is the firs story of this class that i read and i like it! expecting your update
RGA chapter 14 . 9/7/2010
Great story, simply awed how you can pull this out.

One question, where do you get the information for the weapons Shirou traces?

Planning a story of my own, that will use Archer as the main character, and I desperately need ideas for his broken phantasms...

Thanks
Random Guy Who Loves Reading chapter 14 . 9/7/2010
I Gotta Say man I am totally in awe of your mad writing skills!

I can't wait for your next chapter to come out! I've also been reading the reviews for this fic and I can't help but agree that this is a really high quality story you've written thus far. For all you people nagging about what Shirou can do and what can't do with his artifects ease off a bit man. It's Gabriel Blessings story so let the man have fun with it. I can totally understand the desire to get the magic abilities of what shirou's weapons can do right but don't you think bringing up the slightly misspelled name of Rider's mount a bit to far? But back to the main point keep up the good work and I'll be eagerly anticipating and praying the next chapter comes soon.
Phantom 4 Life chapter 14 . 9/6/2010
Perfection. 'Tis the only word that seems appropriate if one were to describe your story. The characters are so fleshed out and vibrant! The action is so enthralling and nerve wracking! The dialogue is so intelligent and well-written! Any spelling or grammar errors are so small and unnoticeable that they are negligible at best! You are an amazing author! Shirou's love for Saber is such a moving and humbling thing to witness. I've cried at least once during this story. I can say no more! Even this review fails to adequately communicate my sheer love and adoration for this story!

-P4L
Techlology chapter 14 . 9/6/2010
To add to the previous reviewer, Rho Aias is a Conceptual Weapon. Meaning that it will rewrite the laws of nature when activated under specific circumstances. In the case of Rho Aias, when activated against a projectile it will force said projectile to fail under all circumstances unless the projectile is also a Conceptual Weapon that is made to penetrate all defenses. And I doubt Karin's spell is a Conceptual Weapon.

Although I do have to wonder if KnK!Shiki's Mystic Eyes work on Conceptual Weapons...

And as said, you can throw a nuke at Rho Aias, it'll probably severely cripple whoever is behind it but it WILL be stopped. It doesn't matter who activated it, to a point, seeing how if he is capable of activating it then it will work as intended OR the power of the attack as it is a Conceptual Weapon.

Again, more information here

wiki/Conceptual_Weapon
Aarik Wrath chapter 14 . 9/6/2010
To answer your question about Rho Aias.

Rho Aias's special power is that it NEVER fails against projectiles.

Ever.

That's literally it's legend.

It could block a nuke.

It is 'The Seven Rings that Cover the Fiery Heavens', it is an absolute ranged defense (That's it's title, not it's name, you should fix that with The Shooting Hundred Heads thing a few chapters back, the ATTACK is called Nine Lives, the weapon does nothing and has no name, it's just that Shirou also traces the SKILL of the person holding the weapon he traced, becoming as good with it as the person he copied it from, and gaining any special attacks they had, and Nine Lives is a skill based Noble Phantasm, Herakles originally created Nine Lives to use with a Bow, but eventually adapted it to be usable with any weapon, it has a maximum of Nine Simultaneous Strikes, no amount of Od or Mana will get you more then that.)

Though, the person using Rho Aias takes damage as it's damaged, Archer's arm was severely damaged when Gae Bolg pierced the first six petals, but it's absolute resistance to thrown weapons kicked in and forced Gae Bolg to fail.
animejunk chapter 14 . 9/6/2010
I don't know much about realm Shirou comes from (watched anime, but that's about it), so I cannot help, but to ask few rather stupid questions:

Since Shirou fights against normal humans, wouldn't it be logical for him to create and use modern projectile weapoms? I know that swords are his speciality, but when it comes down to it, machine gun is just a shaped lump of metal. No magic. No history. It is "simple" object, that should be relatively unexpensive to create. The same with amunition. Mere ten kilo of amunition - objects with no internal magic nor history - means thousand (possibly more) bullets, which with help of machine gun would create great confusion, also allowing to strike dragon riders from distance.

As much as it goes against flow of a story and character, it IS possibility. To be honest I don't really even want to consider Rambo-like-Shirou, guns blazing all around. But so far, reading this story I found nothing that would prevent him from doing just that. And I would very much like to find it.

Continuing in the same vein - shouldn't be easy to trace amunition, and perhaps fuel for Dragon's Raiment. It doesn't need to exist long, right?

Next question are supporting magical items. Again, Shirou speciality are weapoms, but something like ring increasing strength or spreed would be usefull. It can be prepared before battle - in perfect circumstances possibly hours before battle, long enough that would allow Shirou mana to partially regenerate. For prolonged encounter mana cost of tracing such item would be significanly less than cost of reinforcing.

I don't really understand how magical circuits works. They seems to be created be mage, not inborn. If they are created, why not improove them? Create them more complex? Bigger? Able to handle more energy? Shirou with his (lack of) training was recreating them hundreds of times. In ealier years he practiced it as much as he practiced his projection. Why not improve on that?

Eh... In genetal I like Shiro as he is. It's just frustrating to see possibilities not used when situation would call for them.

Take Care
Duzzit chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
That was an amazing chapter, can't wait for the next one, though I am a little saddened that you didn't use Unlimited Blade Works, afterall, i doubt the enemy army having never seen such magic would of figured out its radius.
2,504 | « Prev Page 1 .. 119 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 139 .. Last Next »