Reviews for The Hill of Swords
SidJ chapter 16 . 3/27
Okay. That was amazing. The character growth was slow and unnoticeable to the point question whether you meant to do it or not. I haven't posted a review yet because I was too busy reading, but I feel I have to stop to tell you how amazing I think this story is. And I really hope I get to see Shiro find Arturia though. It is truly depressing whenever I think of that love story.
Kyomei9333 chapter 20 . 3/25
Hahaha! Hilarious! "I was almost regretting the day when he discovered that his
interest was actually a giant flying reptile in
disguise in human form. Almost regretting, but
mostly looking forward to with great amusement. I mean, how often do you discover that your love
interest actually had the soul of a dragon? I know
something like that will never happen to me, that's for sure."

Damn! Haha, that was awesome.
Ricknn chapter 23 . 3/20
this was a wonderful story that i am so happy i stumbled upon. it held those comedic moments that every author strives for without sacrificing character development or the respective original plots of both stories. it is a rarity for me to stumble on a story so well written that i dont want to read the next because i know it wont compare in a thousand years. you have earned yourself a admirer because you wrote a masterpiece.
Digital Dragon chapter 23 . 3/20
Excellent story. Good job! Sorry to see it come to an end, but thanks for sharing. I thought your small scene of him learning to read wasn't half bad though you could have easily dropped it in the location where you first mentioned Shirou reading the books and it would have worked too.
ChaoOverLord chapter 23 . 3/19
Hi there i read your story a year or two ago but just made a account a while ago so i decided to let you know my thoughts to throw in with all the 1000s of other review you have lol.

i enjoy your story very much, it was well written, paced and detailed. The character interactions was amusing and interesting along with the light humor like the precious zero fighter plane.

I will be honest ZNT or Familiar of zero character Louise makes my blood boil but you manage to do a great job in making her grow to a somewhat likeable character developed character that i somewhat enjoy.

I will not go into too much detail and praise but i enjoy your battle scenes and explanations over the magic character used and etc.

Now for the problems i have is that while the story is enjoyable and fun to read but i found it a little too predictable over time with nothing new, i mean no offence but i the story as the same basic outline in the anime and perhap the LN like for example Shiro should have a higher kill count of Canon Saito's 70,000...or was it 7000, i am not sure of the number of the army like maybe
(1.5-3 million) but Shiro has more skill and access to magic than Saito so i found that a little odd. Well there was a delay with the flame magic that stall the army and killing of generals so i was satisfied with that.

The humor you create and Shiro's actions like killing the king with no cares or the shoe joke was an entertaining read and this story show your skills as a author.

Thank for the ride and hope you continue to write great stories in your spare time :)
guest chapter 13 . 3/15
I know this is finished, but I am a bit disappointed with the fight. It was a great fight, superbly written, but frankly I think you overpowered Louise's mother. And unless Shirou was majorly holding back (if Gandalfr, by itself, could defeat 1000 men and Karin (as stated in your story) could defeat 500, he should be able to take on at least 2 Karin's, so I am going to assume he held back... a lot), he wouldn't just state he was going to lose. It was a great fight, and I know the story is finished, but I just needed to let off some steam. Keep up the good work.
Sst082 chapter 23 . 3/7
Incredible story. It makes me happy that I had the chance tobread it even though it has been publish for years. I can not wait for your next story to finish.
Shinoki chapter 23 . 3/4
That was beautiful. Omg... I'm really curious who bagged that Shirou. Ahh Curiosity. (I may not have played through any of the games made by Type-Moon, but hearing of what happened in some of the Tsukihime and FSN endings, I...don't really think there are that many completely happy endings.) Anyways... such a beautiful fanfic... *sheds a tear* I loved Derf's perverted talks... and Shirou's weirdness moments of fanboying over certain things.
Fantastic... best story I've read on here in the last 3 years since I discovered this site
trasgo.artifexdiaz chapter 13 . 2/20
Apart from "EMIYA" or "The sowrd of the promised victory" for awesome battle music. i only couls think and play one, and only one in this chapter.
It sounded apropiate to me even more for the "Crane wing three realm" and it was definetly "Migthy Wind".
I should say that it was really awesome imagining all the battle scenes with that song as sound-track.

BTW awesome fanfiction.
this one and "In flight".
curiously enough, i readed in flight first, and i don't review cuz both are old enough to think that someone would see my review.
But what the hell! i wanted to point my momento of enlightment
Just noticed that in no part of the story you have mentioned that Halk has two moons.
First-X115 chapter 23 . 2/10
The ending had in tears. This story was so great, and now I can't believe that it's over. Wish you'd make it a series but I understand. Your an amazing author. I've read so many stories on this site, and its really hard to find good Familiar of Zero fanfiction, which is of my favorite ones, and this is one of the few that really got me hooked from the beginning. Great story Gabriel, Root bless man, Root bless.

P.S.: I think Tabitha' s the mom :) you seem like a fan of her and Louise' s choice of Blue seemed almost like a hint.
Deer-Shifter chapter 23 . 2/9
One of the best stories I have ever read, especially among crossovers covering values dissonance and culture clash. Love it. Thank you for introducing me to a new fandom in the process.
Snarky Miracles chapter 23 . 2/8
Before I read this, I actually watched all of FSN, FZ, and re-watched all of FoZ and even picked up the books and cut through them. I was already a fan of FoZ, it has a special place in my heart regardless of its many flaws.

After I got acquainted/reacquainted with all the source material, I felt I was ready to sit down and take a look at Hill of Swords, which I accidentally discovered while clicking and reading through TVtropes, something I do at work to kill time (It's amazing how many hours you can burn through without realizing it once you start reading that stuff!)

I won't get into all the little details of the story, and you'll understand why when I say what I've got to say.

I've read a lot of books, and seen a lot of Anime, TV shows, Movies, whatever. Nothing made me laugh quite as hard as some of the jokes in here, probably because I got the context of it all after going through all the source material. I can honestly say without a doubt that your take on FoZ is worthy of being canonized, it was utterly flawless!

When I sat down to start reading this, I was reading it on my PC at home, on my PC at work, and on my mobile in between. I wouldn't put it down. Trying to explain to my room mate or co-workers that I'm cracking up like a crazy person because of a fan fiction got me a lot of awkward stares, but rather than feel uncomfortable, I felt pity for them that they might never get to enjoy this work.

It's honestly works like this that intimidate me when I want to sit down and write my own fics. But honestly, after reading this, I was inspired to get off my ass and start writing, if for no other reason than to just fill this massive void in my soul that was left after I finished reading this.

I really hope that one day, you might be inspired to revisit this world you've created here. I would love to read a story featuring Louise being a badass in her own right! Someone wrote a one chapter fic about the Louise from this story being summoned to the fourth grail war as Caster instead of, whatever the hell the original thing was. It was off to a good start, had a lot of potential, but as is the norm, people start what they can't finish, and don't finish what they start.

I'll finish up by saying this: Thank you so much for writing this story, sticking with it, and concluding it the way it deserved to be concluded. It's forever earned a place in my heart with all my most dearly beloved works of fiction. It's a place I'll revisit in bad times to bring me back to a better place.
Dark-heika chapter 23 . 2/5
Root and blight, this story.

As a rule, I try not to favorite incomplete stories. Or, at the very least, I avoid favoriting them before I read them to their completion. At chapter 16, I damn near broke this rule. At chapter 23, I almost favorited *you*.

This story is amazing. Truly. I normally have little to do with Familiar of Zero, but by Kami you pulled it off. With two thousand plus reviews, this may not mean so much, but well done.

May your writing always be free of blocks, and may your stories be beloved by all.

Thank you.