Reviews for Unexpected Consequences
rk-writer chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
a very wonderfully written tale :)

keep it up!
willboon chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
brilliant story
thesagerk chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
sweeet!
Bobboky chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
excellent
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Very good short story and too bad that no one that I've read has portrayed Harry in this light. Thanks for sharing!
bookivore chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Harry's sterilization program makes no logical sense when you consider the most influential evils in his world: Voldemort - halfblood raised by muggles; Dumbledore - halfblood raised by an overburdened halfblood mother and a pureblood father who went to prison when Albus was about 10; Snape - halfblood raised by a cowering pureblood and forceful muggle. None of them shining examples of purebloods raised steeped in the pureblood tradition.

The pureblood tradition seems to make people into sheep, whether they are Weasleys or Malfoys. They spout things that make them sound like they're not sheep but won't go against the ones who gain control of them. If Harry wants to start a eugenics program against sheep, he needs to target a huge number of people.
Mariann's chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
I can agree with some, but have to disagree with other parts.

The theory of married women who can't have a career seems too far fetched to even mention, but I still will. Two or three women come to mind in canon who had both, family and career - Marietta Edgcombe's mother works at the Ministry, for example.

It says nowhere that McGonagall, Pomphrey, Sprout and many others aren't married. There's Rosmerta at the Three Broomsticks and there's little Madam Malkin, just to give two examples, and all the witches who work at the Ministry. In canon, a good few are also Muggle-born, so I don't hold with all those fan-fiction authors who claim that no Muggle-born could get proper work. I think that's one of the reasons why Malfoy Sr. and others are so radically against them, because the magical world (in their twisted view) goes down the drain with them taking over everywhere.

We can't even be sure that Lily Potter didn't work even though she had the child. Might have only stopped when they went into hiding...

I think that it's a good idea to stop the inbred portion of the magical world from reproducing, but it just exchanges Dumbledore with Harry. Instead of Dumbledore before it is now Harry who plays God and shapes the world after his fashion. While I agree that the motivation to shape the world after his fashion is an entirely different one than Albus' and Voldemort's, it's still a viewpoint of one single individual, who doesn't ask what the rest of the world wants or thinks.

What would there be wrong in someone like Bill or Charlie, or even the twins, to reproduce?

There's another thing that niggles - Dumbledore's loyal followers: you'd have to count James and Lily, Sirius and Remus to them. Would Harry had thrown them onto the same pile as Molly Weasley? Because not even this Harry would have suggested there was anything malicious in Arthur Weasley? It's true that in canon most of the Order members come through as sheep, but I would say that's mostly because of their small part in the books. They aren't fully fleshed out characters as Molly is. And frankly I agree that Molly Weasley is one hell of a scary, horrible, control-freaking person. Canon Arthur may well have this mild-mannered, dotty, out-of-this world-y character because no sane person could live properly under the thumb of that woman.

So, all in all a well written story with rather questionable motives, even though that Harry doesn't desire world dominance... still a bit overdone :-)
bellachaos chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Nice story. I liked the subtly and cunning that Harry used to set the world to (his vision of) right. Slytherin indeed.
captuniv chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Loved this story, it makes a lot of sense. Hope to see an update to either Enlightenment or Sisterhood soon.
dl1993 chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Great story!
BenRG chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
It occurs to me that both Harry and Dumbledore in this story are Well-Intentioned Extremists. They both believe that they have identified a fatal threat to the future of civilisation and believe that the nature of this threat justifies any means, no matter how criminal, to avert it. Where they go their seperate ways is that Harry at no time seems to believe that he needs to micromanage the future. He still has enough faith in humanity that he belives that, if the bad apples and potential genetic risks are cut out, then things will naturally improve with only the broadest level of leadership from himself. To Harry, the future is not something with which you play chess.

There is one damning thing about this Harry though; One thing that proves, despite his brave words, he doesn't /entirely/ believe that he did the right thing - He's never told Hermione.

A very challenging and thought-provoking story.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
sigh Considering that some of those Weasleys were good people and would have taught their children well I think Harry over did it. Changing the minds of the others might have been better but I can see it working.
Ihatedumbledore chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!
katdemon1895 chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
an excellent story, an interesting though sad solution to the inbreeding problem but also one that is quite effective, glad that harry and hermione got a happy ending, rather vindictive of harry to use dumbledore's portriat as sort of the thing he confesses things to a touch arrogant as well but also rather just i suppose if dumbledore ever really realizes that harry's actions are partially his fault, after all if harry had been raised by one of the probably pureblood families that would have taken him in then he might have had a bit more respect for the idea of being pureblood, ah well, excellent fic, nice job
riegert8 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Well written story, I can't say I read the whole story.

I find that Weasley's bashing story's are getting old
97 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »