Reviews for Obsequious
Fall out boy 5ever
ryuk-sempai chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
BEAUTIFUL
Mr. Saxobeat chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
i really, really loved this. its so amazing, and you are talented :D
Upper Tyes chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
This is sad and lovely, Light was crumbling and saw Matsuda as some kind of replacement for L :"{
machi-pan chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Beautiful QAQ
aetuip2 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
So good ad so sad T_T I love seeing light being insane through lol
Tellyounolies chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Firstly: You are beautiful.

Secondly: Your writing is beautiful.

Thirdly: I love you.

Fourthly: I love your writing.

Fifthly: I shall now go through this again and tell you parts that I want to tell you about. /Parts that I loved. /Whatever.

Strange detective Ryuzaki with his creepy eyes and messy clothes and distorted posture pointed a gaunt finger at Light and declared that he was Kira.

I generally don't like adjectives. You use them like an artist.

and placed his wrists together

Yes. I love how you used that.

leaving Matsuda alone with his shame and a mess of fallen cake.

The way you use language...it's astounding. I really haven't seen writing like this in a long time ~ It's very unique.

the silent wars they had throwing a paperclip at one another.

:D

Light floated around headquarters like a ghost, his comments and smiles and eyes as hollow and flimsy as gossamer—not the frothy gossamer floating in the summer wind, but the twisted cobwebs tossing about in a dark forest.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Wow.

(After all, there was that one time L had eaten a strawberry scented eraser.)

I lol'd.

It had been twenty five days since L's death.

(Not that Light was counting.)

This is perfect.

"Do they not have cake in the afterlife?"

"Well, that's a shame."

"I miss you."

"You know you miss me too."

"I don't want to socialize with the sheep."

"Nope, it's fully intact."

"Why thank you."

This FANTASTIC. I think I have some sort of idea as to what the last 3 lines are about...but I don't want to think about it any further lol

breathless and tousled and obsequious.

OBSEQUIOUS.

a) You use groups of threes.

b) You use the word obsequious.

c) I love both of these things.

Therefore I love you.

"Then I would like you to get me a mug of coffee, black, and a slice of—"

Snap.

Light slowly lifted his fingers from the keyboard, looked down at its silvery surface, and touched the broken key on the right. With a slender finger, he carefully clicked it back into place.

Lovely lovely potent symbolism ~

The coffee machine was whirring and trembling on the countertop and Matsuda was whirring and trembling along with it when Soichiro came in, all grey hair and worrying hands and downcast glasses.

Has to be one of my favorite sentences ever. Also, the fact that you used "glasses" instead of "eyes." I love your symbolism everywheeeerrrreeee.

and he reached for his son and his fingertips passed through the dust left behind.

Wow. :(

"poor, downtrodden" vs "taut, explosive" love.

blindingly rose-tinted glasses

and his lips tasted of sake and coffee and bitter loss and saccharine sweetness

I absolutely LOVE the world saccharine. And this sentence. And the break after the comma after this. And the exclamation points.

ALL THE BREAKS IN THIS SECTION. I LOVE THEMMMMMMMMMM. And the run-on sentence throughout.

"Shush, Ryu, stop fighting, mmm…"

:( This isn't right for either of them. For all 3 of them.

that he could do nothing but let the world fall black.

Beautiful. And the whole sentence before it. The most beautiful run-on I have ever read. Oh my God.

(not L, not L, he's dead, so not L)

The fact that this is in here twice.

because L was dead and Light was insane.)

Wow. Wow.

Light talked and talked but never seemed to be talking to anyone.

The repetition of phrases like these, too.

"No, wait, I didn't mean that. Please come back. Please, L. I don't know how I'm going to face them today. What are you doing? Stop! Dammit, I hate you! I hate you! Never come back! Stop haunting me, you selfish bastard!"

Appearances can be deceiving.

Powerful.

Just...wow. I'm stunned. Stunned. That was ridiculously beautiful. And really, really sad. Please tell me you'll incorporate writing into your career (if you don't already).

Wow.
Charlie Waffles chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Poor Matsuda and damn that crazy Light. C:
Chrysus chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
This is a brilliant oneshot that deserves more attention.
braincandy1 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
As soon as I saw that this fic was titled "Obsequious" I squealed and jumped up and down like a little girl...this has got to be my favourite word in the english language. It's so...awesome. You know, I haven't even read the fic yet and I'm already loving it o.o

You know, I should probably get to doing that...

Blessed Be,

-BrainCandy
Sashocirrione chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I like how sad this is, and how completely insane Light is.