Reviews for Surprises
The Swim Chick chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
This was amazing. You capture Arthur so well- his personality, his thoughts, his job- I loved it.
mmischiefmanaged chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Awesooome, Will you continue it, please?
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Cute, good idea for the when these two first met. :D I loved this line in particular: "She was a pleasant surprise, one that he didn't feel obligated to tolerate and adapt to." We don't really get to know Arthur very well in the movie - not like we get to know Ari or Cobb, that is - but this was a good look into the little bit of character we do see. Nice job!

Red
openwindow chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
cute :)
as1hey chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
your story has a lot of potential for future chapters, please write more! your story is just as lovely as your description of Ariadne.
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Nice look into Arthur's thoughts in this scene.

"and stopped actually taking in the details that he was so scrupulous about."

I thought this nailed Arthur pretty good. I imagine him also very much about routine which is why Ariadne 'surprised' him.

"Near Cobb, sprawled out on the lawn chair he had procured (the one he labeled crash spot of choice) was a tiny little thing with long chestnut curls and dressed in casual fitted clothes typical of a student in Paris. No glasses on her face, and definitely not nerdy. If anything, he might have even said she was lovely."

great description of Ariadne.

Cobb's fraying was a nice touch of language as well. Nice work.
noirgataki chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
that was nice and sweet! i cant wait to read more :)
Kitera chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
This was adorable. I hope there is more as I really like the grasp you have of Arthur's thought process. It feels so convincing.

If not I would like to suggest that next time after you write you read the sentences you wrote using the word had in them again only without the had. Usually the sentence works just fine without it you just have to add an s to a word or two. It'll help eliminate some of the passive voice in your writing. Another way is to eliminate and or limit the use of the verb to be.
hiswheezy chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Good job! Really good to read something about Arthur's thoughts when he doesn't really know Ariadne yet. Beautifully written.
NeonXSuJu chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I love the way you describe how Arthur sees Ariadne. I hope this isn't a one-shot b/c I would love to read it as a story.

P.S. I'm surprised at how fast this section came up. Most of the time one wouldn't be made until months after. _