Reviews for The Not So Old Man and the Sea Monster
JayRain chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
This? Is an adorable story. I've wondered from time to time if Maric being lost at sea equates to Maric being truly dead, and if he's not dead, I think eating mangoes, tending roses, and playing fetch with a sea monster is a pretty decent way to spend being not-dead. I do enjoy how the two of them find kinship, and how they realize they're not really as alone as they seem to think. I think that's important for Maric, who went through those bouts of loneliness particularly after Rowan died and he seemed more willing to welcome death than embrace life. In this story he's learned to embrace life, even if life is a little tentacle-y every so often. Very enjoyable :)
Pearla chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Absolutely hilarious and very well written.
Jade Sabre chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
I figured with a "T" rating the tentacles couldn't mean what you were trying to imply they meant, but I shuddered anyway. :-b

anyway, this was adorable, and I am profoundly lacking in actual "well-rounded critique"-y things to say, because this fic is little and sweet and every word is exactly in place. AND Cailan received some mocking, which is always fun. (Poor Cailan.)

Jenna53 chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Cute story. Maybe Maric will come back.
QueenHel chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Seamonster. made. me. lol.

That is all, carry on.
Dasque chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
There! I finally put you on author alert list. I always forget to do that - call me incredibly scatterbrained.

I LOVED this little one-shot. Yet another reason for me to be sinfully envious of your talent. You have such a wonderful taste for humor. I particularly liked the way Maric considers his ship sinking as part of a "bad day."

Keep the stories flowing.
xogs chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
That is really a sweet story. Poor Maric. He's on some desert island slowly going mad.
Aziethe chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Ridiculously delightful.

Poor Maric; I do sort of hope that the Sea Monster isn't only in his mind. His tending of the rose bush reminded me of the Little Prince. It was all so terribly cute.
JessicaJones chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
OMG LOVE! There are no other words...
serenbach chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
This was so sweet and so funny. I love how he regards a horrible breakfast and a sinking ship in the same sort of light. I really enjoyed this. :)
1Scarylady chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Gosh. A good-aligned Cthulhoid. Please consider my mind thoroughly boggled for the day.

Lots of fun though; as always, you write humour better than anyone else on here.
2278084 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
This entire (if short) story is so full of win. At least he had the sea monster to keep him company so he wouldn't go insane (unless, of course, it's not real and a sign that he has already lost his sanity, or a final hallucination prior to death).
vic chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
i was just thinking recently what would have happened if maric had not died when he went off to sea
NuitNuit chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
I loved this on LJ and I love it here. You took a very unique concept and just made it so lovely. Your ability to spin a wonderful and intriguing tale always makes me jealous. Well done, lady. Well done :)
CynderJenn chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
This was cute. I actually laughed out loud at the sunburn part :)