Reviews for Wasteland
Keleficent chapter 3 . 10/1
I gotta say I was looking to see if anyone had made a fanfic around the concept of Jack and Maddie hurting Danny in ghost form not knowing he was their son. I planned to write my own...until I came across this fic. This is so amazing that I couldn't come up with something better if I tried. It's a shame you haven't updated in so long. I would kill to see the rest of the story.

By the way, as someone who suffers from chronic depression, I must say you captured what it feels like beautifully here.
NewWolfiestWolfAlive chapter 3 . 8/29
Hurray for depression... not having a great time with it right now, either. Every day feels pointless. I feel useless. As always, nothing will change if I don't try to change it. I can really see that in this.
Raspberry-Panda chapter 3 . 8/1
Please keep going! AnTiCiPaTiOn
1 One Piece Fan chapter 3 . 6/9
hello, its me... i was wondering if after all these years you'd like toUpDAte
AJC chapter 3 . 5/9
Hey. It's been a year.
Ellament7 chapter 3 . 4/29
I read your first story, Lab Rat, a few years ago and I absolutely LOVED IT. The raw emotion is palpable in it and in this sequel. A for grammar, characterization, plot, and everything else! You've depicted depression and mental illness perfectly in this. I've experienced it the same way you've described it—the self deprecating voice that repeats over and over and over—it's perfectly real.

Thank you for writing, you're extremely talented! I hope you continue to pursue writing along with whatever career you're now working in (congrats on the degree!)
luvnstuff15 chapter 3 . 4/26
Just discovered your stories, and have to say I'm loving them. Very very accurate portrayal of Acute stress Disorder (cant qualify as PTSD yet, since it hasnt been a month, but Danny doesn't know that lol), very accurate panic attacks, very accurate intrusive thoughts, very accurate EVERYTHING. We all know Danny is prone to depression (what with the whole Spectra thing), and this is incredibly accurate in its protrayal and characterization of a trauma survivor.

I'm REALLY eager to see what happens and where this thing goes. I really hope you don't give up on your story, because it's a RARITY that you find a story like this that is THIS good, with a GREAT plot and GREAT characters and GREAT actions and GREAT grammar, too.

Congrats on your Bachelor's! Aaahhhhh so exciting! Don't let your fancy full-time job keep you from your therapeutic writings ;)

All jokes aside, overall, your story is breathtaking. In its suspense, its realness, its rawness, its characterization, its unromanticizing of mental illness and suicidal ideations (I reacted LITERALLY the same way as Danny the first time my brain supplied "hmmmm. u should kill urself lmao" to me). I'm eager to see you see this thing through to the end, and just know I'll be here, cheering you on from the sidelines, patiently waiting for the next installment.

Good day, many blessings, keep on writing.
Shadowmaster91 chapter 3 . 2/12
Finish this already... pleeeeeeeease
Spider-Pig chapter 3 . 1/29
I am seriously traumatized. I NEED to find out what happens next! PLEASE UPDATE!
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 3 . 1/15
This is wonderful. I binge read Lab Rat and then this, and I have to say that this is amazing.
I had thought that there was something about it that made it more realistic. :) I'm glad that you're doing better, I'll keep you in my prayers. Depression is a very serious illness, and for you to recover (and a bachelor's degree, wow!), is fantastic.
And whenever the next one is ready to post, I will be rushing to read it.
For The Love Of Stories chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
Nice work! Glad you've decided to continue. This is the most realistic reaction to Danny's parents learning his secret I've read. Most people seem to gloss over the psychological consequences it might cause.
Yujins chapter 3 . 11/8/2016
Dear god, I love this work. So much. Your writing is powerful and flawless, and I've been holding my breathes the entire time. Will await for the next chapter no matter how long it would take! Thanks for writing this beautiful piece.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/10/2016
the best depression thoughts ive ever read
ImpudentMiscegenation chapter 3 . 10/7/2016
There are no words that I can use to describe this. I almost vomited, I almost cried. This is powerful in a way that it has sway over what I feel. I've been enraptured by this story (and by Lab Rat, of course, but I just finished that one and HAD to move onto this) and I felt that you had to know just how beautifully executed and wonderfully articulated this is.
Your loss to this site (in that you won't be continuing anything here) is an immense one, just so you know; you're a phenomenal writer and I'd readily purchase a book of yours. I'm not criticizing you or anything; I know that adult life is hell and crazy busy (almost finished with an Associate's, myself). I just wanted to tell you that you're an amazing author in my own, awkward sort of fashion. I think I'm rambling now, though.
Back on track now, I'm thoroughly excited for this and I can't wait for the next chapter to come out. I hope things in your life aren't too hectic and crazy for you, and I also hope that you achieve everything you set out to attain in your career. Best of wishes and best of luck.
Stay fabtatulistic!
~IM
Wahboop chapter 1 . 8/11/2016
I'm not one to use this word usually,but oh shit. I'm freaking out over here with Danny and I just need it all to get better and can I just give him a hug? You're writing so far is amazing; I'm sure whatever you have left is going to be just as emotional and interesting and awesome!