Reviews for Wasteland
ghostanimal chapter 3 . 7/13
God this is brilliant. I bingeread it, and I still don’t have proper words for how amazingly great it is, and the realism of the relationship dynamic changing, but I’m dying for more.
Sparkling Hobbit Hoe of M. E chapter 3 . 4/3
Wow... you're a really good writer, and while this story is depressing as feck it's also highly powerful, really makes me root for Danny in the end, nice work! :D
Shahzeb chapter 3 . 3/31
so I read the prequel too and your writing is very good but you seem to have given Danny the wrong sort of depression. someone with circumstances like Danny would have less self loathing and more hate towards others especially his parents after all everyone has a slightly different sort of depression and it is easier to put all blame on others than yourself and in this case he would have the right to. anyways thanks for the read
A Recent Reader chapter 3 . 3/9
So I just discovered your fic but I am hoping to see it end someday. I am going through depression but I am trying to keep it under control to not go further
Marlene472 chapter 1 . 10/24/2017
hi, I just read lab rat and the three chapters of this story. I really like where u r taking this. I hope u come back and start writing again. i put this story in my following for whenever/if ever u start up again.
Keleficent chapter 3 . 10/1/2017
I gotta say I was looking to see if anyone had made a fanfic around the concept of Jack and Maddie hurting Danny in ghost form not knowing he was their son. I planned to write my own...until I came across this fic. This is so amazing that I couldn't come up with something better if I tried. It's a shame you haven't updated in so long. I would kill to see the rest of the story.

By the way, as someone who suffers from chronic depression, I must say you captured what it feels like beautifully here.
NewWolfiestWolfAlive chapter 3 . 8/29/2017
Hurray for depression... not having a great time with it right now, either. Every day feels pointless. I feel useless. As always, nothing will change if I don't try to change it. I can really see that in this.
Raspberry-Panda chapter 3 . 8/1/2017
Please keep going! AnTiCiPaTiOn
GALder chapter 3 . 6/9/2017
hello, its me... i was wondering if after all these years you'd like toUpDAte
AJC chapter 3 . 5/9/2017
Hey. It's been a year.
PhunniestElaphant chapter 3 . 4/29/2017
I read your first story, Lab Rat, a few years ago and I absolutely LOVED IT. The raw emotion is palpable in it and in this sequel. A for grammar, characterization, plot, and everything else! You've depicted depression and mental illness perfectly in this. I've experienced it the same way you've described it—the self deprecating voice that repeats over and over and over—it's perfectly real.

Thank you for writing, you're extremely talented! I hope you continue to pursue writing along with whatever career you're now working in (congrats on the degree!)
luvnstuff15 chapter 3 . 4/26/2017
Just discovered your stories, and have to say I'm loving them. Very very accurate portrayal of Acute stress Disorder (cant qualify as PTSD yet, since it hasnt been a month, but Danny doesn't know that lol), very accurate panic attacks, very accurate intrusive thoughts, very accurate EVERYTHING. We all know Danny is prone to depression (what with the whole Spectra thing), and this is incredibly accurate in its protrayal and characterization of a trauma survivor.

I'm REALLY eager to see what happens and where this thing goes. I really hope you don't give up on your story, because it's a RARITY that you find a story like this that is THIS good, with a GREAT plot and GREAT characters and GREAT actions and GREAT grammar, too.

Congrats on your Bachelor's! Aaahhhhh so exciting! Don't let your fancy full-time job keep you from your therapeutic writings ;)

All jokes aside, overall, your story is breathtaking. In its suspense, its realness, its rawness, its characterization, its unromanticizing of mental illness and suicidal ideations (I reacted LITERALLY the same way as Danny the first time my brain supplied "hmmmm. u should kill urself lmao" to me). I'm eager to see you see this thing through to the end, and just know I'll be here, cheering you on from the sidelines, patiently waiting for the next installment.

Good day, many blessings, keep on writing.
Shadowmaster91 chapter 3 . 2/12/2017
Finish this already... pleeeeeeeease
Spider-Pig chapter 3 . 1/29/2017
I am seriously traumatized. I NEED to find out what happens next! PLEASE UPDATE!
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 3 . 1/15/2017
This is wonderful. I binge read Lab Rat and then this, and I have to say that this is amazing.
I had thought that there was something about it that made it more realistic. :) I'm glad that you're doing better, I'll keep you in my prayers. Depression is a very serious illness, and for you to recover (and a bachelor's degree, wow!), is fantastic.
And whenever the next one is ready to post, I will be rushing to read it.