Reviews for Oil in Your Lamp
Sagerune Yagami chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
You really love killing me and dean and john dont you?

3 words.

Wincest is canon.
missmarina95 chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Wow... First off, let me just say I read alot of wincest. Let's call it my guilty pleasure. Anywho, I've read quite a bit, and this is definately on my top five best wincest fics ever. It wasn't vulgar or obscene, the way a few are, or overly slashy and racy, the way some are. This fic preserved the brother's relationship, and helped me remember why i liked wincest in the first place. Here, wincest was truly just an extention of their fierce brotherly love for each other, and you managed to explain and show that beautifully. Great job, you're an amazing writer and this is a fantastic fic. :)
Dlvvanzor chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
That was very depressing. T_T Luckily Dean comes back, lol. XD
DiTab1 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
God...where do I start? *grabs the tissue box* First, I don't typically write "wincest", though I don't have a problem reading it, so I don't usually comment on someone else's writing of it. I'm making an exception here. *sniffle*

The majority of this wasn't even slash to start with. Everything written for three quarters of this was just plain and simple love and it was beautiful.

I loved, loved, loved: "you baptized him with your tears". OMG, I think that was the first tear that slipped out.

As always, your attention to detail makes this so much more gripping to read. The little things like Sammy sputtering and choking trying to get the medicine down...and the disposal of his soiled clothes... to me that's what always makes your stories so special. Well, that and how well you write my Dean. I try really hard to capture the character of who I'm writing but you take it to a whole new level.

"He cried a little, and then so did you, and both of you pretended not to notice." Perfection. Can't say more than that.

And I loved how you made sure to explain that Dean wasn't afraid of Lilith or dying...just leaving Sam alone. I've always felt that way about it too (although maybe not for the same reasons).

Even the "slash" wasn't over the top and didn't feel OOC to me. It was so gradual and natural that it seemed right for it to be that way. Thank you for not cheapening the story with lurid details (though they have their place in the right kind of story).

Here's my question to you... if you wrote further... something after Dean comes back, how would you deal with the relationship then? I'm thinking back to the statement "you both knew that impending death was the only thing making this okay." I'd love to see, maybe not another chapter but another one-shot, dealing with the aftermath of not having that impending death as a catalyst any longer.

What can I say... you know by now... love, love, love you hon! Reading your stories always touches something in me and I love that you have the power to do that. Can't wait for the next one!

Great Big Bear Hugs to you!
Little Escapist chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I'm trying to keep my tears back here. This fic was beautiful.

I liked the way you've written this like telling it all to Dean though he was the one who told it (okay, that sounds weird, but I think that you get the point). It was nicely different point of view, as was Dean's dying through his own eyes - many times I've read Sam's version of it. This was probably the first Dean's side of it.

And the thought of warm was somehow so cute.
GaelicAngel chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
wow...that was some story.A bit sad but it.