Reviews for Truth and Reasons
Anime Princess chapter 2 . 4/17
Nice, like how they are truly becoming friends-real friends!
TangyCitrus chapter 2 . 5/24/2015
I love how you had this in Shikamaru's POV and that it was well done that it didn't make me stop reading. Also, love the way you had the secrets revealed and how and what things changed, moreso between Shikamaru and Naruto of course, and their newfound mutual respect, trust, and friendship.
I hope you get ideas or inspiration strikes you soon because I really want to see the difference having Shikamaru as a good, loyal friend in-the-know will change Naruto's life.
Thank you for writing and sharing this!
Take care and have fun!
ThreeKittiesDancing chapter 2 . 10/10/2014
I loved this chapter as much as the first! You portrayed this personal, private moment between Naruto and Shikamaru so wonderfully, the way that Shikamaru realized how special it was for Naruto to bestow that level of trust on him, to share one of his biggest secrets. The moments where Shikamaru remembered Naruto's behavior back when he was younger, in the Academy, and always alone, on the outside, looking in, wishing he could belong were especially touching and very effective. The moments where poor Naruto was waiting for the rejection and hatred from Shikamaru that he was expecting to receive after revealing another of his biggest secrets was heartbreaking. You made me cry! The whole "How do you do it, Naruto?" question and scene was beautifully done, too. Kudos to you for this story!

There were still so many questions Shikamaru had, that we didn't get an answer to yet. And I'd still love to see that one more chapter you spoke of, on how Naruto and Shikamaru got back to the village, Did they meet up with any more enemy ninja, or did a rescue party find them, and then marvel at how the two of them, (but mostly Naruto) had taken down somewhere around forty Sound ninja? Maybe a large portion of that area was all torn up from Naruto's having to go all out to keep the two of them alive, and Shikamaru will begin to grasp the scale of how hard his friend fought to protect him, and just what all he's capable of. Maybe you could add a scene where a few of the other Konoha eleven stopped by the hospital to visit Shikamaru, and their first instinct is to blame Naruto for their failed mission, and Shikamaru's condition, (as a continuing theme in the series is everyone loves to blame Naruto first, whenever things go wrong), and he would be quick to defend Naruto this time, recognizing how wrong everyone had been, how easy it was for everyone to assume the worst about Naruto, even when they really didn't mean it in a really bad way. Maybe a scene where Shikamaru speaks to someone else "in the know" about Naruto's status, (Tsunade, or Kakashi, Iruka, or even his parents), to ask them why the events around Naruto had happened the way they did, why he had been left to be raised alone and ignorant about why everyone avoided him, unloved, persecuted, and what the other person(s) thought gave Naruto the mental and moral strength to live through all that and still come out as such an upstanding, selfless person. Please, please, please, come back and finish this amazing story of yours! What you gave us in two chapters was moving and incredibly inciteful, but another chapter to wrap everything up would just put it over the top! Of course, if you felt so inclined to show Naruto finally deciding, maybe with Shikamaru's encouragement, to tell a few more of the Konoha Eleven a few of his secrets, I'd sure be happy to read more!
ThreeKittiesDancing chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
What a great short story! Using Shikamaru's point of view was a really interesting way of telling this particular tale. I love this way of having Shikamaru finding out Naruto's secrets, as Kishimoto inexplicably ignored that part of his story, (the filler arc that revealed it to some of Naruto's peers doesn't count). This is so well written, but I still have questions!

Where abouts in the timeline is this story set? Did Shikamaru ever find out why Naruto was so cautious and on alert once they set out on their mission? Whetever happened to all those Sound ninja that attacked, did Naruto finish off most of them? Since they were hiding in a cave, that could mean that no, there were still some enemies out there, or Naruto beat them all but was too weak to get Shikamaru all the way back to the village, as he suspected the Sound ninjas he defeated had back-up in the area. Didn't any search parties from the Leaf come out to look for them, once they didn't return when expected? What did Shikamaru think explained Naruto's changing eye color, and why he talked to himself?

I would LOVE to see the anime do a series of specials based on this fanfic of yours, where the other Konoha 11 pondered the many mysteries surrounding Naruto, eventually learned some of his secrets, faced their own guilt on how they had treated him in the past, and then dealt with whether or not they continued to support Naruto once they had a fuller picture of just what the orphaned Jinchuriki had lived through, and how special a person he is because he loves and protects even those people who had been cruel or indifferent to him his whole life. I absolutely adored reading all of Shikamaru's observations of and musings on Naruto, but it just makes me want more of this, more from him and the rest of Naruto's peers!
1sunfun chapter 2 . 1/30/2014
Angie chapter 2 . 9/5/2013
Nice! Do update the story soon! I want to know more about the 'new' and secretive Naruto. Perhaps you can include the interaction of between the konoha 11 when they found out about it. Keep up the good work!
NonEgoSumSatis chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
I love your story! It is one of my favorites out of all the stories I have read. I just got done reading it again when I noticed you never had Shikamaru ask why Naruto only glances at people's eyes. I think it would be an interesting point. Maybe add an extra chapter to help explain more?
Sanz0girl chapter 2 . 3/21/2013
this is really good!
Mrs.stringfellowdinozzo chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
First off absolutely loved it! It was amazing good job :) second why was naruto acting the way he was at the starting being all serious like as if he knew they might be ambushed
loveinuyashatoshiro chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
love love love love love loves
ALLS96 chapter 2 . 1/15/2013
Nice story! My favorite character is Shikamaru and I love the fics with Naruto/Shikamaru friendship (not yaoi, nothing against it, but for me Temari and Shikamaru were made for each other). Your fic is pretty good, all happens slowly, but not too much. It is a [gostoso/divertido/bom] way to read (sorry, English is not my first language and I can't, even for my life, translate this expressions, it is something like "nice"). I hope that you will answer how Naruto knows so much about the forest and more about the blood-clone for Shikamaru. Well, I will be waiting the update. See ya!
ALLS96 chapter 2 . 1/5/2013
I always love stories like this, where people stumble upon who Naruto truly is and he's forced to act. It's always so clever. Keep it up!
NarutoRox chapter 2 . 12/22/2012
Ahh, I just love this, it sounds very Naruto and Shikamaru! Please put up a new chapter soon, where Naruto can elaborate some of the points he blew off. Great!
NarutoRox chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Oooh...this is interesting, and I like the humor thrown in here and there. :)
firehottie chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
I hope you write some more naruto friendship fics like this one. It was great! :)
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »