Reviews for The Bench
Wow. Where to begin?!
If one was to describe the plot of this fiction in prose, it might sound utterly ridiculous. It doesn't make any logical sense, and yet in reading it, that doesn't matter at all! The beginning describing the fans seems as though it would be rather boring and pitable at best; who hasn't at one time or another encountered an amatuer fan writer's mediocre self-insert fic that magically cements a popularized happy ending? But this isn't anything like that. It was relatable, believable, well-written, and absolutely soul satisfying. The unanswerable question of what was dream and what was real, like the Nutcracker take, instills a sense of delight and almost a haunting wonder, not confusion or irritation. Hey behavior didn't make me shake my head with its predictability, but grabbed and held me like reading should. I may not be able to pinpoint what exactly about your story or its writing saves it from the fate and feeling of so many other unremarkable tales of the same vein, but it's gotta be something special to impress itself upon this normally skeptic reader in the way it has.
silverstar112 chapter 1 . 8/2
Oh my god that was so awesome! I was literally screaming most of the time! I wish that would happen to me...
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
simply...great story! short, romantic & fantastic fantasy
Guest chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
I truly enjoyed this story. I love the fact that it could happen to anyone of us and that certainly brings a big smile to my face. Its nice to read something a little different. I love the thought of time travel or fantasy events in the lives of Catherine and Vincent every now and then. Thank you to the author for the happiness added to my day.
Sarai chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
tanya2byour21 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I loved this story. Great writing.