Reviews for Blessed are the Peacemakers
coldweathergal chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
I love your explanation of Rigsby.
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
This is lovely. It's great to devote some ink on Rigsby because he is a great part of the team. Also, you illuminate his personality with just the right touch. The TV series could have done well to incorporate your nuances. Thanks for writing it.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
That is clever! You are utterly brilliant!
The North Wyn chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Aww, Rigsby. Loved this bit: "He was the one the boss called on when she needed back-up in a fight. Actually, he kind of liked that. It was fun to stare down at some of the scumbags they dealt with, watch the bravado drain out of their eyes when they were confronted by someone a good six inches taller than themselves. And he especially liked when Lisbon called him in to do it. After all, she wasn't the easiest person to impress." Thanks for sharing!
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Love Rigsby. Lisbon is definitely my favorite character and Jane is a close second, but Cho, Van Pelt, and Rigsby are also incredible. They really make an incredible team!
Demus chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Oh, this is adorable! Lovely interpretation of Rigsby's role in the team, too, properly lovely. Bravo!
Jbon chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Simply, completely brilliant! Can't tell you how much I enjoyed the fic!
erica83ca chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
You are on a writing roll and-I-love-it! :-)

That's a great Rigsby character piece. So much of his storyline is tied up in Van Pelt and sometimes it's hard to see beyond it and past the food fetish. But the concept of him being a facilitator "the man behind the woman and the man..." was really interesting. A great read indeed.

And the J/L undertones just make me smile like a loony - it's like a condition or something...
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Aw! I love that Rigsby gets his due here. Because I think it's odd that at times, even though he's arguably the biggest guy in the room, he's also the most invisible. Great job!
Arcadya chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
This was so awesome. I love secret-super-power Rigsby!

He is so much more than the muscle, or comedic-relief (that we don't really need because we've got Cho and Jane and Lisbon) - geez that show's got some funny people.

I liked the simple but ingenius fix for Lisbon's growing ire.

Great one-shot!
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I think it's great to hear from Rigsby's POV. He is always so clueless when it comes to other stuff that are not work related. Love him too. And I have this fascination with him and Lisbon interacting(friendship). Don't get me wrong, Jisbon is my thing, but Rigsbon make me laugh. Like in that episode were Rigsby was mimicking everything she did was so funny.

Off course Jane would want to impress Lisbon, when does he not? he is so good in everything that I would pay to see him be wrong for once. LOL

Thanks for this little one-shot. Loved it!
forthecoast chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Heee. You're awesome, you know that? This was just an excellent, excellent read. I love your take on Rigsby, and I think your voice is spot on. He's such an underused and underrated character.

Nice use of the prompt, too. Seriously, I loved this. Great work.
yaba chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
YES YES YES YES! My god woman, can you do NO WRONG? I agree 100,000% with you about Rigsby's role on the show and how it's interpreted and utilized by fan fic writers. Even the best authors kind of shove him into the background or give him the perpetual "eater" role. I've been guilty of it myself, but recently have changed my tune and used my SSS assignment to show that Rigsby is more than that. I'm glad you have done the same and in a very creative, enjoyable way.

Your Rigsby voice is very similar to what I imagine and see his to be on the show. He is practical, self aware, and even a little confident and you brought all of that out in this POV. More than that, you capitalized on his self awareness and gave him a few observation skills that he would obviously have but that other writers rarely put forth. Also, I like how he acknowledges what his role on the team is and uses it to his advantage. I liked the comparisons between him and Jane. How he's more of a under the radar guy, which has its attributes.

I also really enjoyed the setting and your obvious but applicable use of the prompt. Instead of being super creative in that specific department, you used this as an opportunity to bring out the qualities we all know and love about Rigsby but rarely focus on. And you're damn right, he IS cute :P

Great Job.

Frogster chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
That was cute! I can just see Jane dragging Lisbon through all of the exhibits and loudly exposing the games' secrets. And Lisbon locking Jane in the funhouse would be hilarious. As would dressing him as a clown. :D

You're right about Rigsby always being used for comic relief or muscle. In all the fics I've read that have someone besides Jane killing Red John, it's never been Rigsby who has committed that deed. Lisbon lots of times, Cho a few times, and even Van Pelt once-but no Rigsby. And of course he's always good for a laugh, but it's true that the arson specialist has to have brains to maintain his spot on the team.

Lisbon and Jane on the Ferris Wheel is cute! But how is Rigsby going to find a merry-go-round animal that he'll fit on?

Write more soon!
Iloveplotbunnies chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I'm just going to say first off that I loved the title, and I think the title fit really well in with the story. Secondly, I absolutely loved the piece and I especially loved how you portrayed Rigsby.

I also enjoyed the fact that you didn't rely heavily on any romances such as Van Pelt/Rigsby or even that much of Jane/Lisbon. Over-all, I loved the piece!